PDA

View Full Version : When Favre gets inducted in Hall of Fame

Harlan Huckleby
09-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Not trying to stir the pot - that's not my way - just wondering what the favre temperature of the fans was these days.

Brandon494
09-04-2011, 10:46 PM
You been sniffing glue again?

Harlan Huckleby
09-04-2011, 10:54 PM
ya, wanna come over to my place and party?

I really have no idea how people think about Favre now.

vince
09-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Hall of Fame as a Packer.
Hall of Shame as a Viking.

Packer fans are blessed to have the worst-run, hard-luck franchise in football history as a rival. So many good times.

3irty1
09-04-2011, 11:15 PM
You don't get inducted into the football hall of fame with a team affiliation. You just get a bust.

Lurker64
09-05-2011, 12:45 AM
You don't get inducted into the football hall of fame with a team affiliation. You just get a bust.

^
||
This

It's baseball where you go into the hall of fame with a team. In football it's all about you.

vince
09-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Favre earned his way into the Hall of Fame as a Packer.
Favre earned his way into the Hall of Shame as a Viking.

VegasPackFan
09-05-2011, 01:02 AM
I think I even heard him say that he is hated now by most fans.. Thinking that he will eventually humble himself and attempt to re-embrace the GB fans.

Lurker64
09-05-2011, 01:23 AM
I think I even heard him say that he is hated now by most fans.. Thinking that he will eventually humble himself and attempt to re-embrace the GB fans.

Falcons fans never really liked him.
Packers fans don't really like him because he went to play for a hated rival in order to beat the Packers.
Jets fans don't really like him because he only played there one year and he sort of torpedoed that season by playing poorly down the stretch.
Vikings fans don't really like him because he torpedoed their 2010 season, and you can pin some of the NFCCG loss on him.
Average football fans are pretty sick of the media's tendency to fawn over Favre over the last decade and change.

So he's got to do something before he goes into the HoF to get people liking him again.

th87
09-05-2011, 05:42 AM
What a mess his legacy became.

The man was absolutely adored in Wisconsin, and we believed that he was "different" in that it seemed that he was just like us and cared about us more than the average athlete.

I wonder how it's possible to be that out of touch to not know that going to the Vikings would burn that bridge. Or not care that it did burn that bridge.

Joemailman
09-05-2011, 07:34 AM
What a mess his legacy became.

The man was absolutely adored in Wisconsin, and we believed that he was "different" in that it seemed that he was just like us and cared about us more than the average athlete.

I wonder how it's possible to be that out of touch to not know that going to the Vikings would burn that bridge. Or not care that it did burn that bridge.

I think Favre really thought that the fans would support him over Thompson. He apparently did not appreciate how strong the Packer/Viking rivalry was. I think he will eventually seek to repair his relationship with the Packers. It's too soon right now though. If he were to try it now, a lot of people would think he's trying to overshadow what the Packers accomplished last year without him, and they would resent it.

Ron Wolf refused to get involved in the Favre/Thompson debate in 2008 because he was close to both. He had brought both into the Packer organization. He may be just the person though to help the two sides reconcile things.

mraynrand
09-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Isn't there a special thread for all these important thoughts? My two cents: I remember that Favre guy. He was a really good QB for the Packers. Made all kinds of tough throws, played all the time, fun as all hell to watch. From time to time he would throw a head-scratcher INT though. But he was right up there with Starr, Heber and Rodgers as an all time Packer QB great.

http://citystadium.wordpress.com/2010/07/12/ranking-the-all-time-green-bay-packer-quarterbacks-by-adjusted-qber/

sheepshead
09-05-2011, 07:54 AM
He played football not baseball.

mraynrand
09-05-2011, 07:57 AM
He played football not baseball.

2 out of 36 viewers believed this added to the discussion

sheepshead
09-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Ok, then define what the author meant? Should Brett be the first guy to wear a hat? A jersey? Have Tarkington introduce him? Its hard to add to the 'discussion' when it makes no sense at all.

mraynrand
09-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Ok, then define what the author meant? Should Brett be the first guy to wear a hat? A jersey? Have Tarkington introduce him? Its hard to add to the 'discussion' when it makes no sense at all.

24 of 27 viewers believed this comment added to the discussion.

gbgary
09-05-2011, 09:44 AM
ya, wanna come over to my place and party?

I really have no idea how people think about Favre now.

he's a viking legend.

KYPack
09-05-2011, 12:29 PM
31's got this one.

They just list the teams and when you played.

You go in the NFL HOF as a human.

So BLF will go into the HOF as a dizzy, flawed, famous hillbilly.

King Friday
09-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Honestly, I think Favre really is apathetic toward being disliked. The guy clearly has very little regard for anyone other than himself. The fame went to his head and he became a diva who is also a hick...so I guess that makes him a dick?

I don't expect him to try to ever "rekindle" the love in Green Bay. At this point, he knows Rodgers is the man in Green Bay and his ego is too big to consider receiving a luke-warm reception. The wounds Favre ripped open in his departure aren't likely to heal for many years. I also do not expect the Packer organization to extend an olive branch either. Eventually, he'll find his way into the Packer HOF but that will be about it in terms of recognition as far as the Packer organization is concerned. His ego-fueled behavior the last couple years tarnished his image beyond belief, so I can't see the Packers ever choosing to embrace the guy ever again unless he shows some regret and humility.

The chances of that are incredibly remote IMO.

sheepshead
09-05-2011, 02:23 PM
So did you mean is he going to be thought of as a Packer? or a Viking? This still makes my head ache. But if thats what you meant, time will heal his non-sense. Hours of highlight films will be our memory and he will be remembered as a Packer. Montana's a 49er, Namaths a Jet, and so on.

LP
09-05-2011, 02:40 PM
So he's got to do something before he goes into the HoF to get people liking him again.

Maybe he could send out some pictures from his phone.

AtlPackFan
09-05-2011, 04:37 PM
I went from "angry" when Favre forced his way out to "I don't care anymore". The fact his season imploded last year while the Packers won a Super Bowl and his replacement was the Super Bowl MVP didn't hurt.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2011, 05:18 PM
They just list the teams and when you played.

You go in the NFL HOF as a human . ya, ya, ya. So I screwed up the poll question on a technicallity. The idea is to find out whether people still feel so spiteful towards Favre that they want to disown him.

I said Vikings just because I think it would be funny and I'm not sentimental about BF. I don't hate him, tho. I sense most people in WI are 100% fed-up with Favre and would be fine disowning him. But maybe more committed fans, like people in this forum, are ready to forgive or forget.

ThunderDan
09-05-2011, 05:39 PM
The real question is, who is he going to retire as? Does he ask for a 1 day contract from the Pack? The way he acted I am guessing he isn't going to do that.

As per the Packers, TT has no ego, so he will be the one that extends the olive branch the year BLF goes to the hall of fame. I would guess that the Packers retire his number officially the same year.

The Shadow
09-05-2011, 05:48 PM
The real question is, who is he going to retire as? Does he ask for a 1 day contract from the Pack? The way he acted I am guessing he isn't going to do that.

As per the Packers, TT has no ego, so he will be the one that extends the olive branch the year BLF goes to the hall of fame. I would guess that the Packers retire his number officially the same year.

I would guess, judging from that photo, that number might be about 5 1/2?

swede
09-05-2011, 06:25 PM
...he became a diva who is also a hick...so I guess that makes him a dick?

That would be sigworthy if it wasn't so naughty.

The poll lacked the option..."Don't Care".

Personally, I hope the organization waits for a posthumous celebration, whether it's me or him won't matter.

HowardRoark
09-05-2011, 07:52 PM
I don't think about Favre.

KYPack
09-05-2011, 08:52 PM
ya, ya, ya. So I screwed up the poll question on a technicallity. The idea is to find out whether people still feel so spiteful towards Favre that they want to disown him.

I said Vikings just because I think it would be funny and I'm not sentimental about BF. I don't hate him, tho. I sense most people in WI are 100% fed-up with Favre and would be fine disowning him. But maybe more committed fans, like people in this forum, are ready to forgive or forget.

I wasn't heckling you, Harlan. I like to heckle you, but I was just re-iterating 31's point. The NFL HOF has had that policy for a long time. It really makes sense with FA. Many players have made the Pro bowl now for 3 teams. The Neon one played for 5 teams, I think. Your bust just shows your helmet-less head.

I really wonder if TT will be the GM in 5 years. Every year at that job are like dog years.

Actually, Harlan, I've meant to post on this. You've been doing a good job at starting threads, stirring the afor-mentioned pot, and being a blue pooch.

Lurker64
09-05-2011, 09:00 PM

I don't think Favre's legacy can survive him unretiring in order to ask for a symbolic contract from a team so he can retire again. Favre is currently retired, the retirement paperwork was filed months ago. May God have mercy on our souls if he ever unretires.

woodbuck27
09-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Favre will go into the HOF as a very tough and dedicated to his profession NFL Great QB. Name five Packer players you've seen that were more exciting and gave more to the game in terms of effort. All those records will shout out HOF and his status as one of the Greatest iron men in all of Pro Sports is the real ticket.

So blow all the 'HATE smoke you' need to Packerrats.

Brett Favre is 'a LOCK' HOFer.

Having posted that. FAVRE really pissed me off at times and on the field none moreso than that silly flip pass 'no pass' VS Minny in the playoffs back in 2004. I will always feel that supid 'NO PLAY', was the beginning of his demise as a GREEN BAY Packer. Any man 'even one with club feet' would have ran the pigskin into the end zone on that play. That was 'just too silly'. I watched that game with a new NFL fan and a fella that was beginning to enjoy Brett Favre. He was pissed at Favre and would have attacked him if he could have. I was devastated and embarassed for 3-4 months. It was definitely one of those WTF moments in Favre's by far overall, illustrious but somewhat tainted 'by his head errors' career.

The whole thing with the scandal shocked me and gave me pain I will never get over. I am by nature and manner of personality a LOYAL person.

What a mess he made of that. Damn he's Brett Favre. Did he believe he was like the rest of us or anonymous? If we did anything like that.... NOTHING WOULD COME OF IT. FAVRE WAS ALWAYS IN MY VIEW THE FIGUREHEAD OF THE NFL. HE WAS 'THE MAN'. HE EMBARASSED HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN AND HIS FAMILY. HE LET HIS REMAINING FANS DOWN MISERABLY BECAUSE HE ISN'T ANY ORDINARY MAN. HE'S BRETT FAVRE.

HE TOOK AN AWESOME CAREER AND PISSED ALL OVER ALL OF HIS AMAZING ACCOMPLISHEMMENTS AND STAINED HIS IMAGE; BUT HE WALKS INTO THE HOF.

Why!? Simple. He was A OUTSTANDING NFL QB AND LEADER OF MERIT AND EXAMPLE ON THE FIELD OF PLAY. I T WAS SOME OF THE STUFFF OFF THE FIELD THAT BOTHERED ME..ALWAYS WILL; BUT........ I will not judge him.

GO Packers !

Lurker64
09-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Woody-

I don't think anybody doubts that Favre will be a first-ballot Hall of Fame player, he absolutely had earned that honor by the time he had his third MVP award. I think people are just not especially fond of him at this point, or are at the very least kind of sick of him and his schtick. I think in the last few years he's made himself a much less popular player at his HoF induction than he would have been if he had just stayed retired the first time. Everybody would still love Favre if he had just stuck to his first retirement. He's getting into the Hall of Fame anyway, but I don't have to like him.

swede
09-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Woody, stop hating on Favre. Have a little respect for what the man did on the field.

:drma:

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2011, 11:06 PM
I wasn't heckling you, Harlan . I know, I was over-acting, chewing the scenery.

Speaking of public scenes, you know what would be fun? To have a week where we pretend to be other posters. I call Madtown! It'd almost be too easy, using the m.f. words, the quick temper, the faux gang talk. Damn, if this was high school, we'd form a committee and get right on this worthy project.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Woody, stop hating on Favre. Have a little respect for what the man did on the field.
I was going to write an angry post in Woody's voice, but I don't have the chops for it. Immitating Woody would be like trying to write like Hunter S. Thompson - it seems easy to do until you try and then it sounds forced. They broke the mold when they made Woody. AFTER they made him, that is, lest there be any misunderstanding.

OS PA
09-06-2011, 12:37 AM
ESPN has already started the rebuilding of Favre's image. Tom Jackson and Chris Berman counted down their top 10 football moments in the past 25 years and Favre's beating the Raiders was their top moment. They then proceeded to pour on the Favre love for the next 30 seconds. We can probably expect ALOT more of this in the coming years. Favre is an important marketing tool for the league, and they're going to try everything they can to make him into a good boy again.

pbmax
09-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Favre retiring and being elected to the HOF is fine and dandy by me.

But Darren Sharper getting play for the HOF is going to elicit a wee bit of protest from these parts.

KYPack
09-06-2011, 07:52 AM
I know, I was over-acting, chewing the scenery.

Speaking of public scenes, you know what would be fun? To have a week where we pretend to be other posters. I call Madtown! It'd almost be too easy, using the m.f. words, the quick temper, the faux gang talk. Damn, if this was high school, we'd form a committee and get right on this worthy project.

OK.

I pick you. Firstly, let me summon my inner crybaby.

Woody, nah, too easy to mime.

Pick somebody is tough to copy.

Be Superfan, act intelligent for a time, that'll fool 'em.

Zool
09-06-2011, 09:53 AM
You really need to include a "who gives a rat fuck" and mark me down for 1 on that.

Patler
09-06-2011, 10:23 AM
I sense most people in WI are 100% fed-up with Favre and would be fine disowning him. But maybe more committed fans, like people in this forum, are ready to forgive or forget.

Forgive and forget? There is nothing to forgive. It is what it is. Many in this generation of fans will never forget, nor should they, because, again, it is what it is. The next generations of fans simply won't care as much for or against Favre.

Farve will never again be what he was to the state of Wisconsin and Packer fans up to 2007. His pedestal will never again be so high. But I don't think he was ever deserving of the pedestal he had to begin with, so I don't feel sorry for him.

I think a lot of fans thought Favre was more than he was both as a player and as a person, and that there was something truly unique about his relationship with the Packers. They now realize it wasn't any more special than what many other players have with their teams, but more importantly Favre is not quite what they thought he was. It's more than just having gone to the Vikings, that was just the culmination of the realization. The drama, the lies, the insults, the way he treated the Jets situation, the photography; these all showed Favre to be different than many fans had thought. He will never regain the relationship that he lost. He will be accepted as a former player who lead a team that brought a Super Bowl to Green Bay, but the specialness of even that has been changed. Aaron Rodgers took care of that.

He could have been the successor to Bart Starr in his relationship with the franchise. Maybe Aaron Rodgers will be. That story is still being written. Maybe there really is only one Bart Starr.

vince
09-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Well said Patler, although I think there is much to "forgive" (or not) so to speak. You can't take away what Favre did on the field as a Packer. You can debate the extent of his greatness, but most everyone would agree he was a great player as a Packer.

As a person, he proved himself to have significant flaws. Some will continue to ignore those flaws and others will continue to consider them and not respect the man.

The Packers are a family in a sense, and many, many fans feel like they're a part of that family. At a minimum, they feel a strong allegiance toward the organization, regardless of how you want to describe it.

What he did and/or tried to do to hurt the Packer organization is unforgivable to many. Many fans feel like he was not only unfaithful to his wife, but to them too for a number of his actions geared at hurting the Packers. Ironically, it's in the Packers' best business interests for the fans to forgive and forget now. Brett Favre screwed that up too.

Patler
09-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Ironically, it's in the Packers' best business interests for the fans to forgive and forget now.

I don't think it matters a whole lot to the organization anymore. Aaron Rodgers and other new stars like Matthews have filled the void for a face of the franchise. The performance of the complete team in winning the Super Bowl has satiated the desire for the success that was achieved with Favre a long time ago. The organization, the fans who hate Favre and the fans who still adore Favre have all moved on together in their support for the current Packers. Whether fans lave or hate Favre doesn't really matter much anymore.

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2011, 12:35 PM
I pick you. Firstly, let me summon my inner crybaby. See, now you went too far, you've gone and hurt my feelings, Chicken Man.

I'm a little surprised at the poll result, I guess Favre is still the cock of the walk around here.

Deputy Nutz
09-06-2011, 12:44 PM
"My life in a protected Bubble"
Written by Aaron Rodgers,
as Told to him by, Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy

hoosier
09-06-2011, 02:37 PM
HE EMBARASSED HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN AND HIS FAMILY. HE LET HIS REMAINING FANS DOWN MISERABLY BECAUSE HE ISN'T ANY ORDINARY MAN. HE'S BRETT FAVRE. HE TOOK AN AWESOME CAREER AND PISSED ALL OVER ALL OF HIS AMAZING ACCOMPLISHEMMENTS AND STAINED HIS IMAGE

BUT........ I will not judge him

I think you just did.

hoosier
09-06-2011, 02:41 PM

Have you threatened to knee cap a Packer QB recently?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/128405498.html

pbmax
09-06-2011, 02:51 PM

Like the Iliad over the Aeneid, I prefer the original.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/718MXANBR3L._SS500_.gif

Deputy Nutz
09-06-2011, 04:16 PM
For the record(no pun intended) autobiographies are the biggest load of shit in professional sports.

pbmax
09-06-2011, 04:35 PM
For the record(no pun intended) autobiographies are the biggest load of shit in professional sports.

There is an interesting Packers angle on that, though this is probably not news in a Packers forum. Dick Schaap became noteworthy, in part, for his ghostwriting work, notably with Jerry Kramer on Instant Replay. Its a mixed blessing having a usually accomplished writer co-author something that is usually self serving.

But Chris Havel couldn't hold Schaap's jock as a writer.

Deputy Nutz
09-06-2011, 04:49 PM
A really laughable football autobiography is "LT, Living on the Edge"

Freak Out
09-06-2011, 04:50 PM
That fucker is crazy. I will never forget his drunken on-air interview before the SB one year. Where is he now....? Locked up right....for rape or something?

Deputy Nutz
09-06-2011, 04:52 PM
No he is on probation for having sex with an underage prostitute.

Zool
09-07-2011, 08:40 AM

I'd say they are second to retirement speeches.

Scott Campbell
09-07-2011, 09:07 AM
I remember people insisting that Favre would still get his $20M marketing deal from the Packers. Yeah, right.

I'm planning on hiring Jenn Sterger to make a personal appearance in Canton when the time comes.

Scott Campbell
09-07-2011, 09:10 AM
The whole thing with the scandal shocked me and gave me pain I will never get over. I am by nature and manner of personality a LOYAL person.

What a mess he made of that. Damn he's Brett Favre. Did he believe he was like the rest of us or anonymous? If we did anything like that.... NOTHING WOULD COME OF IT. FAVRE WAS ALWAYS IN MY VIEW THE FIGUREHEAD OF THE NFL. HE WAS 'THE MAN'. HE EMBARASSED HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN AND HIS FAMILY. HE LET HIS REMAINING FANS DOWN MISERABLY BECAUSE HE ISN'T ANY ORDINARY MAN. HE'S BRETT FAVRE.

HE TOOK AN AWESOME CAREER AND PISSED ALL OVER ALL OF HIS AMAZING ACCOMPLISHEMMENTS AND STAINED HIS IMAGE; BUT HE WALKS INTO THE HOF.

Fortunately, none of us will rub it in.

mraynrand
09-07-2011, 09:27 AM
I remember people insisting that Favre would still get his $20M marketing deal from the Packers. Yeah, right.

I'm planning on hiring Jenn Sterger to make a personal appearance in Canton when the time comes.

Ouch! Do you think it will Mark Chmura, Brad Childress or Ted Thompson who introduces him?

My money is on that Packer training room guy who was his last friend in the Green Bay lockerroom.

Scott Campbell
09-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Woody Johnson might still like him. Maybe Deanna could do it once she's simmered down.

Zool
09-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Woody Johnson might still like him. Maybe Deanna could do it once she's simmered down.

If Madden is still alive, it's either him or Bradshaw. Depending on who gives the better rub and tug the day before.

Deputy Nutz
09-07-2011, 11:56 AM

Retire for twenty million, or play three more years for 48 million. I wonder what the better deal was for the Favre family?

mraynrand
09-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Retire for twenty million, or play three more years for 48 million. I wonder what the better deal was for the Favre family?

It depends on what you value

sheepshead
09-07-2011, 12:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX8XMavabiU

sheepshead
09-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Also of interest, looks like his streak is intact for the foreseeable future.

mraynrand
09-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Isn't "Everyone's all-american" the movie where John Goodman gets snuffed for reneging on a debt? He died real good in that movie.

http://sctv.org/characters/farmfilmreport/farmfilmreport_sm.gif

Patler
09-07-2011, 02:18 PM

I think it was more like $37 million, 12 from the Jets and 25 from the Vikings.

Hmmm, bearing in mind the vast wealth the family already had at the time, I wonder which his wife and daughters would have chosen?:

Option 1 - $20 million and have their husband/father retire at the peak of his popularity, worshiped as a god in WI probably the rest of his life, with unlimited opportunities for appearances and endorsements for some time to come, guest appearances, etc. Honored and respected by most.

Option 2 - $37 million and have their husband/father play three years, achieve another heart-breaking playoff loss for which he is criticized rightly or wrongly, having embarrassing personal situations published widely, be investigated by the league, be vilified by formerly adoring fans, experience embarrassment as their husband/father is exposed (literally) as a pandering old goat by numerous women barely the age of his eldest daughter, have their husband/father become the butt of jokes and sexual innuendos.

Ya, I'm sure the extra cash was really worth it.

Deputy Nutz
09-07-2011, 02:51 PM
he got like 22 million from the Vikings in his last year. plus his 12 million from the jets, and another 12 million from the Vikings for 2009. So sorry 46 million and he got to play football for another 3 years.

Fuck it. It doesn't matter and Harlan stirred the pot again with another Favre thread.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Fuck it. It doesn't matter and Harlan stirred the pot again with another Favre thread. most people don't care about favre, as you can see in this thread. take some alka seltzer

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2011, 03:02 PM
John Goodman so you think all fat people look alike? fattist!

Deputy Nutz
09-07-2011, 03:10 PM
most people don't care about favre, as you can see in this thread. take some alka seltzer

4 pages in a day. yes people don't care about Favre. they only care enough to post that they don't care.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2011, 03:14 PM
I don't think his cock is as small as people are saying, you have to remember that his hands are huge. Objects in hand are bigger than they appear.

mraynrand
09-07-2011, 03:48 PM
so you think all fat people look alike? fattist!

? I looked it up on IMDB - it was John Goodman. He blew up real good.

mraynrand
09-07-2011, 03:49 PM
I don't think his cock is as small as people are saying, you have to remember that his hands are huge. Objects in hand are bigger than they appear.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?

swede
09-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Don't forget the compensating magnification of the wide angle lens employed by cell phones.

My dog hates this picture because he says it makes his nose look big.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/Project1.png

(Sorry, Duke.)

Patler
09-07-2011, 04:13 PM
he got like 22 million from the Vikings in his last year. plus his 12 million from the jets, and another 12 million from the Vikings for 2009. So sorry 46 million and he got to play football for another 3 years.

Fuck it. It doesn't matter and Harlan stirred the pot again with another Favre thread.

Alright, you made me go look for the articles.

He signed a two-year $25 million contract with the Vikings per these articles (and many others):
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4406963

The Vikings will pay Favre $12 million this year and $13 million next season, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. The contract does not contain performance bonuses.and this:
http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=3190

Some details of Brett Favre’s two-year, $25 million contract with the Vikings have started to emerge, thanks to Adam Schefter of ESPN. The $12 million Favre will get for 2009 will be paid in three $4 million installments. One will be paid this season, another in March and the third not until 2011.The contract also contains $6 million guaranteed for skill and injury, meaning if he plays poorly and the team releases him, Favre will get $6 million.

His Jets' salary was carried over from the Packer contract, and was $12 million per USA today and other sources:

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/nfl/jets/salaries/2008

Yes, he got to play another 3 years and embarrass the hell out of his wife and daughters with his juvenile ways in the process. He ruined his reputation with many Packer fans and he embarrassed himself in front of the entire NFL. He lied to the league during their investigation (their finding, not mine).

I wonder if the extra money was really worth it? I'm sure it would have been tough surviving on the $100 million + that he had earned from the Packers and sponsors before that.

If he hadn't made such a laughing stock out of himself, he probably could have signed other deals in addition to the $20 million the Packers were willing to give him. He might have made more than the 37 million that he got.

Freak Out
09-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Holy cockshots Batman! This is some funny shit.

mraynrand
09-07-2011, 04:19 PM
If he hadn't made such a laughing stock out of himself, he probably could have signed other deals in addition to the $20 million the Packers were willing to give him. He might have made more than the 37 million that he got.

Trojan wants to sign him up as the spokesman for their new 'Gentleman' line.

In related news, ever notice they only sell 'large' jockstraps?

mraynrand
09-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Don't forget the compensating magnification of the wide angle lens employed by cell phones.

My dog hates this picture because he says it makes his nose look big.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/Project1.png

(Sorry, Duke.)

Nice doggie

mraynrand
09-07-2011, 04:24 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/718MXANBR3L._SS500_.gif[/QUOTE]http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1//2009/10/hawke-hobo/ethan-hawke-hobo-magazine-cover-04.jpg

I can't decide who looks worse

Guiness
09-07-2011, 04:28 PM

I think you got confused by the deferred money from 2009.

Favre contract details (http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=3190)

August 19th, 2009 – 11:00 AM by Judd Zulgad Some details of Brett Favre’s two-year, $25 million contract with the Vikings have started to emerge, thanks to Adam Schefter of ESPN. The $12 million Favre will get for 2009 will be paid in three $4 million installments. One will be paid this season, another in March and the third not until 2011.So part of that was deferred money from 2009. He had a salary of $12million in 2009, but $8million was deferred to 2010. In 2010, he made a salary of $13million, and also received $8million from 2009, for a total of $21million. But adding the $12million from 2009 is double counting.

I can't believe I feel like I'm splitting hairs here, by saying he made $37million not 46. But as you so eloquently put it, Fuck it, it doesn't matter.

edit: Damn, Patler ninja'd me while I was trying to compose a non-runon sentence!

Zool
09-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Math is hard

Deputy Nutz
09-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Alright, you made me go look for the articles.

He signed a two-year $25 million contract with the Vikings per these articles (and many others):
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4406963

and this:
http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=3190

His Jets' salary was carried over from the Packer contract, and was $12 million per USA today and other sources:

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/nfl/jets/salaries/2008

Yes, he got to play another 3 years and embarrass the hell out of his wife and daughters with his juvenile ways in the process. He ruined his reputation with many Packer fans and he embarrassed himself in front of the entire NFL. He lied to the league during their investigation (their finding, not mine).

I wonder if the extra money was really worth it? I'm sure it would have been tough surviving on the $100 million + that he had earned from the Packers and sponsors before that.

Playing football didn't embarrass his family. The Vikings gave him an almost 10 million dollar raise to come back last year.

Patler
09-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Playing football didn't embarrass his family. The Vikings gave him an almost 10 million dollar raise to come back last year.

Playing football put him around masseuses and sideline reporters on a daily basis. Had he stayed home mowing his lawn, Mrs. Favre could have kept him in line.

As for the raise to return last year, there was some talk about it, but later reports said it was tied to playoff success in 2010. That didn't turn out so well for him.

MJZiggy
09-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Math is hard
Non run-on sentences are hard.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Isn't "Everyone's all-american" the movie where John Goodman gets snuffed for reneging on a debt? He died real good in that movie.

http://sctv.org/characters/farmfilmreport/farmfilmreport_sm.gif I am confused and anxious about the picture of John Candy

gbgary
09-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Retire for twenty million, or play three more years for 48 million and lose the respect of millions. I wonder what the better deal was for the Favre family?

he's just an ex-viking qb to me.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2011, 11:39 PM
I was talking to some nice old lady in the rehab pool tonight, asked her if she was going to watch the Packers game tomorrow. What a mistake. She launched into a long explanation of how she stopped watching the Packers since "they were so mean to Brett." Christ, I had to stand there pretending to care, nodding my head in agreement. It never occured to me to ask her if she saw the phone pics.

I guess I had figured that the Farve controversy was long over, that everybody was now just done with him. not so, not so. As this poll shows, he's still a local hero.

mraynrand
09-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Christ, I had to stand there pretending to care, nodding my head in agreement.

no you didn't.

But you're right about the controversy continuing. The Favre thing spurred the only argument I've had with my Dad in the past 10 years.

Deputy Nutz
09-08-2011, 07:44 AM
I was talking to some nice old lady in the rehab pool tonight, asked her if she was going to watch the Packers game tomorrow. What a mistake. She launched into a long explanation of how she stopped watching the Packers since "they were so mean to Brett." Christ, I had to stand there pretending to care, nodding my head in agreement. It never occured to me to ask her if she saw the phone pics.

I guess I had figured that the Farve controversy was long over, that everybody was now just done with him. not so, not so. As this poll shows, he's still a local hero.

But like you said nobody cares anymore.

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2011, 12:09 PM
OK Nutz, I thought you were the only one who still cared, but now I see I am wrong. I apologize. What more can I do to make this up to you? I already threw you a bone and said Favre's penis really isn't so small.

mraynrand: who among us has the courage to tell a sweet, broken-hearted 80-year-old lady that she is bat-shit crazy?

Deputy Nutz
09-08-2011, 12:39 PM
I can see someone is becoming emotionally invested in an internet forum again.

Bossman641
09-08-2011, 12:55 PM
OK Nutz, I thought you were the only one who still cared, but now I see I am wrong. I apologize. What more can I do to make this up to you? I already threw you a bone and said Favre's penis really isn't so small.

mraynrand: who among us has the courage to tell a sweet, broken-hearted 80-year-old lady that she is bat-shit crazy?

Do you keep scott campbell on speed dial?

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I can see someone is becoming emotionally invested in an internet forum again.

?? learn to take a joke

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Do you keep scott campbell on speed dial?

Scott is my boy

Fritz
09-08-2011, 05:07 PM

The rehab pool? I thought AA met in church basements and shit like that.