C Scott Wells Evan Dietrich-Smith
RG Josh Sitton
RT Bryan Bulaga
TE Jermichael Finley Andrew Quarless Tom Crabtree D.J. Williams Ryan Taylor
WR Donald Driver Jordy Nelson
QB Aaron Rodgers Matt Flynn
RB Ryan Grant James Starks Alex Green
FB John Kuhn

Nothing really stands out here. Apparently, Quarless is the #2 TE and Williams is ahead of Taylor.

DEFENSE

LDE Ryan Pickett C.J. Wilson
NT B.J. Raji Howard Green
RDE Mike Neal Jarius Wynn
LOLB Clay Matthews Brad Jones Vic So'oto
LILB A.J. Hawk Robert Francois
RILB Desmond Bishop D.J. Smith
ROLB Erik Walden Frank Zombo Jamari Lattimore
LCB Charles Woodson Pat Lee Jarrett Bush
RCB Tramon Williams Sam Shields Davon House
SS Morgan Burnett Charlie Peprah M.D. Jennings
FS Nick Collins

Interesting that Brad Jones is listed ahead of So'oto and Lee is ahead of Bush. The safeties are kind of interchangeable, so Peprah looks to be the first in if either starters get hurt.

SPECIAL TEAMS

K Mason Crosby Tim Masthay
P Tim Masthay Mason Crosby
H Tim Masthay Randall Cobb
PR Randall Cobb Jordy Nelson
KR Alex Green Randall Cobb Pat Lee Sam Shields
LS Brett Goode Evan Dietrich-Smith

Cobb is the #2 holder. :) Does this mean Green will be the primary kick returner?

pbmax
09-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Harv, I thought I read on JSO, that Cobb had both returner jobs? I would love for it to be Green, I wonder why the confusion.

Jones, I think, would be primary backup if Matthews goes down. But I suspect that So'oto will be called in to rush on pass down, at least late in game, to take advantage of his skill and fresh legs.

I think Lee and Bush will play two different positions. Bush gets the slot backup job, Lee plays outside.

Brandon494
09-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Harv, I thought I read on JSO, that Cobb had both returner jobs? I would love for it to be Green, I wonder why the confusion.

Jones, I think, would be primary backup if Matthews goes down. But I suspect that So'oto will be called in to rush on pass down, at least late in game, to take advantage of his skill and fresh legs.

I think Lee and Bush will play two different positions. Bush gets the slot backup job, Lee plays outside.

Its been Green at KR and Cobb at PK since the start. Cobb was only doing kick return early on because Green was injuried.

KYPack
09-05-2011, 12:20 PM

The forum on the UK site had several posts on it after Cobb was injured retuning kick-offs for the Pack. Each post was identical, and true, IMHO. Randall Cobb will injure himself if he is an NFL KR. The guy's approach is identical on most kicks. Hell bent up the middle, trusting his blockers to spring him for a big one. He was hurt and put out of games several times on KR's for Kentucky. That won't improve in the NFL. He's a good holder, quick, excellent hands. Plus, he has the dimension to run or toss on any fake XP's and field goals.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2011, 05:24 PM
That depth chart was actually from August. The cut players just disappeared from the structure. So it really doesn't tell any current info about who is backing up where, hopefully they'll update it this week. The Oline will be interesting.

pbmax
09-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Silverstein not answering email on subject. I'm not going to be IGNORED Tom!

/no, waiting for Thursday is not an option

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2011, 12:07 AM
I finally watched the first half of the Chiefs game. A few observations:

I thought Sherrod was much better in this game than the previous three. That had to ease the coaching staff's worries a bit. He did get beat a couple of times on inside moves, but was pretty decent against run and pass in the first half.

Lattimore is raw. I was surprised in that he showed no pass rush moves. He was a college defensive end, so I thought he'd have some moves. Straight line speed rush only. He's light too. He does look good in space though. He looks like he has potential as a coverage LB. He did show some strength on one play by knocking back a TE several yards.

D.J. Smith looks like a future starter to me. Kid just has the it factor.

I had heard D.J. Williams slipped after a strong start to camp, but I was actually impressed with the way he looked in this game.

Pat Lee got a few fortunate bounces, and he might have lucked into a roster spot. I thought he was relatively unimpressive in coverage.

smuggler
09-06-2011, 06:57 AM
Good thing Lee is so deep on the depth chart. =J

vince
09-06-2011, 08:42 AM
I finally watched the first half of the Chiefs game. A few observations:

I thought Sherrod was much better in this game than the previous three. That had to ease the coaching staff's worries a bit. He did get beat a couple of times on inside moves, but was pretty decent against run and pass in the first half.

Lattimore is raw. I was surprised in that he showed no pass rush moves. He was a college defensive end, so I thought he'd have some moves. Straight line speed rush only. He's light too. He does look good in space though. He looks like he has potential as a coverage LB. He did show some strength on one play by knocking back a TE several yards.

D.J. Smith looks like a future starter to me. Kid just has the it factor.

I had heard D.J. Williams slipped after a strong start to camp, but I was actually impressed with the way he looked in this game.

Pat Lee got a few fortunate bounces, and he might have lucked into a roster spot. I thought he was relatively unimpressive in coverage.
Always appreciate your take Harv. I'm not so sure Lee got lucky as much as the other guys are/were seen as at least as big of liabilities in coverage and less valuable on special teams. The press seemed to think his fumble recoveries were some sort of great plays, but I'm pretty sure the coaches see them for what they are.

I think Lattimore earned his spot by virtue of his special teams play as much as or more than his potential as a future OLB. McCarthy has been mentioning him when talking about making plays on special teams in practice for a good portion of camp.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I guess Lee saying lucked into a spot is probably a bit much. It's more that I'm still worried about his coverage skills. I'm really hoping House earns the dime spot soon.

Packers4Glory
09-06-2011, 10:24 AM
I thought Sherrod was sticking at strictly tackle now?

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2011, 12:42 PM
I thought Sherrod was sticking at strictly tackle now?

right. it's actually an old depth chart, they just removed the names of the cut players.

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Looks like they just fixed the depth chart. http://www.packers.com/team/depth-chart.html

They got Sherrod at LT, LG backup. Newhouse at RT, RG backup. I wonder if they really will play those tackles at guard ahead of Dietrich Smith. Maybe.

The TE position must be a mistake, at the the moment they show Crabtree as the starter, DJ Williams as the top backup

pbmax
09-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Silverstein had it correct. On the updated (9/4) depth chart, Randall Cobb is listed as first team punt and KO return.

But as Harlan astutely observes, its hard to take the list seriously when Finley and Quarless are listed not as first or second team, but as "Other".