PDA

View Full Version : GAME DAY THREAD ???????

Bretsky
09-06-2011, 10:16 PM
QUESTION FOR THE GROUP

In the past the same person would start the game day thread until they lost. Last year when the season was pretty close to the dumps I went on a winning streak with the game day threads and used the reverse neative whammy to predict every game as a loss by Green Bay and often bring some solid reasoning in on why we would lose. This may have been started by some negative energy felt last year.

I'm wondering what your thoughts are, with it being a new season, of somebody else taking it upon themselves to start a new winning streak with the initial game day thread of the season.

I'm happy to step in when we feel like we're at our darkest hour and use my negative energy to help turn things around.

Or, should I start it ? I'm feeing kid of upbeat and rosy about this season and in the spirit of karma I'm wondering if it's the best interest of the Green Bay Packers for new blood to start us off this year.

THOUGHTS ????

mission
09-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Hmm... tough call.

At this point I kind of want to dance with the date that brought me... but you bring up some valid points.

If someone else starts it, and we lose, it's both your fault (for suggesting it) and theirs (obviously). If you start it and lose then it's hard to come back to you at the end of the year (and obviously still your fault).

I think this is a very important thread topic nonetheless.

Lurker64
09-06-2011, 10:20 PM
I think that you've still got the hot hand, so I think you should start the first gameday thread as, if nothing else, a commemoration of your impressive playoff run.

If we go 16-0, that's great.

If we lose once and go 15-1, then we won't really be in a dark place where we need help.

If we lose more than once, that will give you a chance to rescue us with your mojo.

pbmax
09-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Yes Bretsky, you've got honors. It's your privilege and honor to start the GameDay thread in a manner we can blame in case anything should go wrong.

MadtownPacker
09-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Yes Bretsky, you've got honors. It's your privilege and honor to start the GameDay thread in a manner we can blame in case anything should go wrong.
Exactly. Way back we all said the same person keeps going until they lose. Then we turn on them.

Freak Out
09-07-2011, 02:52 AM
Ride that horse till it's dead....then eat it.

Bretsky
09-07-2011, 06:58 AM

OK, I am doing my best to come up with negative thoughts in the next 12 hours

pbmax
09-07-2011, 07:10 AM
OK, I am doing my best to come up with negative thoughts in the next 12 hours

Don't forget to slam the strength and conditioning staff for costing the Packers their 5th best pass rusher.

gbgary
09-07-2011, 11:28 PM
QUESTION FOR THE GROUP...

roll with it sir!!