PDA

View Full Version : Packers 2011 Milestones

Joemailman
09-07-2011, 09:11 PM
With about 750 rushing yards, Ryan Grant will go from 9th to 4th in career rushing yards, passing Paul Hornung, Gerry Ellis, Clark Hinkle, Dorsey Levens and Tony Canadeo.

With 14 receiving yards, Donald Driver will pass James Lofton for #1 in receiving yards.

With 1124 receiving yards, Greg Jennings will go from 10th to 7th in receiving yards, passing Carroll Dale, Billy Howton and Max McGee. With 1426 yards, he would pass Antonio Freeman for 3rd.

With 13 field goals, Mason Crosby will pass Chester Marcol for 3rd place in field goals. With 38 points, he will pass Marcol and Jim Taylor for 5th in points scored.

Charles Woodson is currently tied for 8th with 30 interceptions. With 1 INT, he passes Don Hutson, with 2 Mark Lee, with 5 Irv Comp, with 7 Darren Sharper, with 9 Leroy Butler, and with 10 Herb Adderley.

Nick Collins is currently 17th with 21 interceptions. With 5 INT's, he would move to 11th passing Willie Buchanon, Johnnie Gray, Bob Jeter, Bob Forte, Ray Nitschke, and John Anderson.

With 10 regular season wins, Mike McCarthy passes Bart Starr and Mike Sherman for 4th place in wins.

With a Super Bowl win, the Packers would tie the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers for 2nd place with 5.

smuggler
09-07-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm rooting for Jennings to go from 10th > 3rd. 1426 receiving yards? Yes, please!

gbgary
09-07-2011, 10:30 PM
i'm rooting for a repeat...and then a threepeat (to make it a trifecta of threepeats)...and then...

vince
09-08-2011, 01:42 AM
Woodson is also 2 pick-6's away from the all-time record of 12 career INT for TD's held by the other Woodson also did that a bunch for Dom Capers - Rod Woodson. That would be a very nice record for him to attain before he retires on his way to Canton. He got 3 in 2009, 1 last year, and 2 in 2008. If he can stay healthy, he looks like he's ready to have a good year. Hopefully the turf toe or whatever he's been suffering from the last couple years it seems isn't chronic.

mraynrand
09-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Charles Woodson is currently tied for 8th with 30 interceptions. With 1 INT, he passes Don Hutson.....

WTF? I had to look it up - He got those in 6 mostly WWII years, 1940-45. 6 in 40, 7 in 42, and 8 in 43. I know, it was during the war, and it was the two-way era, but still - 30INTs in 6 years is pretty good. What an athlete!

Joemailman
12-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Maybe I missed it, but did the announcers mention Sunday night that Rodgers set the Packers record for passing yards in a season?

I haven't seen the Gameday thread, so maybe it was mentioned there.

MJZiggy
12-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Maybe I missed it, but did the announcers mention Sunday night that Rodgers set the Packers record for passing yards in a season?

I don't remember hearing anything about it, but if it's the case that it wasn't mentioned, then I'm very disappointed in Bob Costas.

Tarlam!
12-30-2011, 09:19 PM
I don't remember hearing anything about it, but if it's the case that it wasn't mentioned, then I'm very disappointed in Bob Costas.

No mention of DD's TD's now this. Methinks, the organisation has changed a little.

gbgary
12-30-2011, 10:39 PM

i think they did...i think.

Pugger
12-31-2011, 09:20 AM
WTF? I had to look it up - He got those in 6 mostly WWII years, 1940-45. 6 in 40, 7 in 42, and 8 in 43. I know, it was during the war, and it was the two-way era, but still - 30INTs in 6 years is pretty good. What an athlete!

This is why he is considered the greatest Packer in the history of the franchise. He had records that stood for decades and I think he still has a couple on the NFL books.

Tarlam!
12-31-2011, 09:56 AM
This is why he is considered by many the greatest football player in the history of the league. He had records that stood for decades and I think he still has a couple on the NFL books.

Fixed ;)

Bretsky
12-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Woodson is also 2 pick-6's away from the all-time record of 12 career INT for TD's held by the other Woodson also did that a bunch for Dom Capers - Rod Woodson. That would be a very nice record for him to attain before he retires on his way to Canton. He got 3 in 2009, 1 last year, and 2 in 2008. If he can stay healthy, he looks like he's ready to have a good year. Hopefully the turf toe or whatever he's been suffering from the last couple years it seems isn't chronic.

This is one I'd LOVE to see him hit but I don't think he's moved since early this year.
With a near invisible pass rushing and a lower level of play from T Williams and Sam Shields he does not seem to be as free to roam and make the great plays

Patler
12-31-2011, 10:27 AM

This is one I'd LOVE to see him hit but I don't think he's moved since early this year.
With a near invisible pass rushing and a lower level of play from T Williams and Sam Shields he does not seem to be as free to roam and make the great plays

Unfortunately, he dropped a fairly easy one right after he tied the record. As I recall, it was one of those sideline opportunities deep in the other team's territory, where if he had secured the ball it would have been an easy stroll into the endzone.

Fritz
12-31-2011, 11:02 AM
It says a lot about the quality or lack of quality of Packer coaches that MM has passed Bart Starr and Mike Sherman on the all-time Packer coaches wins list. Fourth? Wow. Bart Starr was a great, great QB and quality human being, but a lousy coach. And Sherman really wasn't here that long, was he?