PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Packer Storyline

Smidgeon
09-08-2011, 12:57 PM
I've been thinking about it, and there seem to be a lot of good player stories on the team this year. I know every year has its stories, but some resonate more than others.

What are your favorites? Donald Driver's rags to riches? Aaron Rodgers' fall to 24? Shakey raising his brother? Chastin West and his mom? Charles Woodson's return to relevance? Etc, Etc.

My favorite is Howard Green. Cut 10 times in his NFL career, every cut probably felt to him like his career could be over. Yet, after the last cut, he gets a phone call before he even gets home, boards a plane, and helps shut out his former team a scant few days later. Not only that, but the team goes on to win a Super Bowl in which he made one of the biggest plays of the game, causing Roethlisberger's interception and Nick Collins' Super Bowl pick 6. That's my favorite.

KYPack
09-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah, Smidgeon, that's mine, too

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=howard+green+after+the+superbowl&hl=en&sa=X&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&tbm=isch&prmd=ivnso&tbnid=g16lKXmelKrKQM:&imgrefurl=http://www.daylife.com/topic/Howard_Green/photos&docid=vH2jo1Rh0vmYRM&w=439&h=344&ei=SAVpTsODD7TisQL40eWhDg&zoom=1&biw=792&bih=367&iact=rc&dur=141&page=1&tbnh=120&tbnw=165&start=0&ndsp=6&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0&tx=115&ty=80

This picture is Green right after the game.

See those tears, I did the same thing after the game. He isn't crying, they are just an involuntary reflex. He isn't sobbing or anything, he just has tears streaming down his cheeks. The guy's career has had a rebirth. He might not last this season, but they can never take his championship away from him

Guiness
09-08-2011, 01:26 PM
And that Cinderella story continues, with him making the team this fall. I really didn't give him much of a chance, I figured he'd get beat out by some kid. He was called because he was a serviceable guy who was walking the streets.

MadtownPacker
09-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Put me down for Green also. Can't hate on the underdog story.

Joemailman
09-08-2011, 01:37 PM
One of my favorites, which doesn't get talked about much is the ILB's. A year ago, Hawk was seen as a base defense only player, and Bishop couldn't get on the field. Barnett gets hurt, Hawk becomes the signal caller and Bishop replaces Barnett. Both prove to be an upgrade over Barnett. Now, Barnett and Chillar are gone, and Hawk/Bishop are one of the best ILB pairs in the league.

vince
09-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Tramon Williams - from undrafted, unwanted free agent to the practice squad to making the team to fighting his way onto the field as a nickel back to elite cornerback making big play after big play throughout the playoffs and Super Bowl to Super Bowl champion. Consumate team player and hard worker all the way from the outhouse to the penthouse.

mraynrand
09-08-2011, 01:54 PM
I like the Jerry Babb story

KYPack
09-08-2011, 03:07 PM
I like the Jerry Babb story

Too bad we cut him and kept twinkleytoes, eh?

Fritz
09-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Aaron Rodgers dating hot chicks.

Brings a tear to my eye every time I see another picture of him with a hot young babe.

Bossman641
09-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Rodgers and tramon are my favorite. So many to choose from though.

Cheesehead Craig
09-08-2011, 04:49 PM
I like that whole Super Bowl Champions story. I could listen to that one over and over and over and over...

TennesseePackerBacker
09-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Gotta go with Green as well. When he was signed last year no one thought he'd have the kind of impact he did. I don't think it's a stretch to say the Packers couldn't have won the Superbowl without him.

pbmax
09-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Last year Green, followed by Tramon.

This year, I am hoping for So'oto.

MJZiggy
09-08-2011, 05:16 PM
McCarthy. He was a freaking 3rd shift toll collector. He worked for free to get a start.

Fritz
09-08-2011, 05:42 PM
That's a good one. Dude took a whole lot of heat - caricatured as the pudgy, dopey same-ol-line (pad level! Knee bend! We'll fix that!) guy.

I'd say Ted, too, but he's just not a touchey-feeley kinda guy to get worked up about. Sometimes you wonder if those are really robot eyes in that head, or the eyes of a serial killer.

Joemailman
09-08-2011, 06:04 PM
That's a good one. Dude took a whole lot of heat - caricatured as the pudgy, dopey same-ol-line (pad level! Knee bend! We'll fix that!) guy.

I'd say Ted, too, but he's just not a touchey-feeley kinda guy to get worked up about. Sometimes you wonder if those are really robot eyes in that head, or the eyes of a serial killer.

Hate to be the genius to created this:

http://www.totalpackers.com/images/dumbanddumber.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2011, 06:41 PM
The Quinn Johnson story will always be near and dear to me.

Joemailman
09-08-2011, 06:49 PM
I miss Brandon Underwood already.