PDA

View Full Version : Tramon Williams injury updates????

gbpackfan
09-08-2011, 11:55 PM
I didn't get to see a replay of Tramon's injury but MM said on the radio that the replay "didn't look good." Tramon was walking around the field after the game, with his pads on, and upwrapping the tape from his wrists. No trainers were around him. Anyone have an update on his injury?

imscott72
09-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Prob won't get anything until tomorrow.

Lurker64
09-09-2011, 12:28 AM
We won't get anything until tomorrow, but we know it's a shoulder and not a wrist or an elbow, for what it's worth. There are a lot of seriously painful shoulder injuries that wouldn't cause him to miss much (if any) time, let's hope it's one of those.

bobblehead
09-09-2011, 05:30 AM
Carolina next week and a rookie QB that didn't get the benefit of an offseason at all. Rest him if there is any need at all.

Fritz
09-09-2011, 06:16 AM
A shoulder injury though can be troubling and serious. When he went down, I just got so mad. I mean, seriously? After all the injuries last year?

pbmax
09-09-2011, 09:39 AM
He was not in a sling, cast or harness after the game. For a shoulder injury, that is the best that could be hoped for. Now the wait is for an MRI.

I am worried about McCarthy seeming so downcast about it, though. Not his style normally.

Fosco33
09-09-2011, 10:26 AM
He was not in a sling, cast or harness after the game. For a shoulder injury, that is the best that could be hoped for. Now the wait is for an MRI.

I am worried about McCarthy seeming so downcast about it, though. Not his style normally.

It didn't look like a shoulder - maybe an elbow? In the past, when he alludes to serious injury - it is just that. I'm hoping it's not.

SkinBasket
09-09-2011, 10:34 AM
It looked like most of the twisting and hyper-extension occurred at the elbow.

red
09-09-2011, 10:36 AM

he also thought the neal injury was very serious, like season ending serious

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2011, 10:39 AM
It looked like most of the twisting and hyper-extension occurred at the elbow.
yes, agreed, perhaps a contusion of the humeroradial joint while in pronation, with some stretching of the trochlea of the humerus

its wonderful having you here on staff

SkinBasket
09-09-2011, 11:06 AM
yes, agreed, perhaps a contusion of the humeroradial joint while in pronation, with some stretching of the trochlea of the humerus

Some of us have a context to put it into. Others... can't see their feet anymore. It's not rocket science.

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2011, 11:08 AM
us?

pbmax
09-09-2011, 11:29 AM

I thought you did your medical commentary under the AynRand login name? :)

Farley Face
09-09-2011, 11:31 AM
jasonjwilde Good news. RT @SWilliams2138: Tramon is doing well everyone. Thanks for the concern. :-) 21 minutes ago · reply · retweet

pbmax
09-09-2011, 11:38 AM
jasonjwilde Good news. RT @SWilliams2138: Tramon is doing well everyone. Thanks for the concern. :-) 21 minutes ago · reply · retweet

Ask him for a copy of his MRI.

VegasPackFan
09-09-2011, 11:39 AM
OK - but what is the injury? And will he miss time or be hampered in his play?

mraynrand
09-09-2011, 11:48 AM
I thought you did your medical commentary under the AynRand login name? :)

Any old hack can go to Wikihealth or WebMD. I have the inside connections!

denverYooper
09-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Ask him for a copy of his MRI.

Just in case, we'd better start tracking flights into Green Bay to see if Dr. James Andrews is flown in.

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Just in case, we'd better start tracking flights into Green Bay to see if Dr. James Andrews is flown in.
Oh no, I just had a flashback of flight tracking on the local news, dotted line going from Mississippi up to Green Bay. But I can't talk about F**** because N*** gets mad at me.

imscott72
09-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Never trust what the player himself says.

SkinBasket
09-09-2011, 01:11 PM
us?

Why do you have such trouble with plural pronouns? I know you lead a lonely existence, but come on, this is 1st grade English.

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2011, 01:17 PM
I just note that "us" seems to be your favorite word

guess you are a people person or sometin

Farley Face
09-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Per Rotoworld:

Packers coach Mike McCarthy is characterizing RCB Tramon Williams' right shoulder injury as a "bruise."
"It was positive from what we thought," said McCarthy. "Tramon's a Pro Bowl-caliber football player. He allows us to play certain ways." The Packers caught a break here after Williams appeared to suffer a potential serious injury in the fourth quarter Thursday night. He should be available for Week 2.

SkinBasket
09-09-2011, 03:40 PM
I just note that "us" seems to be your favorite word

guess you are a people person or sometin

Yes, it's all about the evil cabal out to get you. But the Jews in Israel are the ones with paranoia issues...

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2011, 03:47 PM
If this is true, I feel so much better. I've been checking the site all day to find an update. I was thinking: if he's out for awhile, it's 2010 all over again from an injury standpoint. If it comes through without being seriously injured, then luck may be on our side this year.
:)

retailguy
09-09-2011, 03:50 PM
<exhale>

hoosier
09-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Still, MM couldn't say that TW will practice on Wednesday. A bruise sounds like the best you could hope for but then again so did Neal's report and look at him now. Hopefully the bruise doesn't become "Tramon is day to day."

mraynrand
09-09-2011, 03:57 PM
<exhale>

I never inhaled in the first place

http://www.judiciaryreport.com/images/bubba-clinton-6-23-08.jpg

Fritz
09-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Well, as Dick the Bruiser used to say on Detroit radio, "What does this mean?"

I'm not hearing anything definite except "it's not as bad as we thought it might be." But what does that mean? He's going to be troubled by this all season? He'll heal up fine in a week? He's day to day? What? Or I suppose they don't want the other team to know...it'll turn into hockey: "he has an injury....somewhere on his body."

red
09-09-2011, 04:10 PM
thank god, that would have been a big blow

we dodged a big one there

pbmax
09-09-2011, 04:17 PM
<exhale>

Exactly.

Lurker64
09-09-2011, 04:19 PM

"Bruise" means that nothing is torn or broken. It can be pretty much anything, but there are no tears or breaks.

Kiwon
09-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Since when are personal tweets official communication? Did the team ever come out with an injury comment on TW?

Lurker64
09-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Since when are personal tweets official communication? Did the team ever come out with an injury comment on TW?

The tweets were from media members in attendance at McCarthy's 3PM press conference with the media, they are reporting what McCarthy said. That's more or less an official communication.

Fritz
09-09-2011, 04:27 PM
"Bruise" means that nothing is torn or broken. It can be pretty much anything, but there are no tears or breaks.

My feelings are bruised. . .

Kiwon
09-09-2011, 04:29 PM
The tweets were from media members in attendance at McCarthy's 3PM press conference with the media, they are reporting what McCarthy said. That's more or less an official communication.

Okay, if MM commented on it then it's kosher. The secondary gave up 419 yards to Brees. Losing TW would not have helped anything.

pbmax
09-09-2011, 04:29 PM

I'm not hearing anything definite except "it's not as bad as we thought it might be." But what does that mean? He's going to be troubled by this all season? He'll heal up fine in a week? He's day to day? What? Or I suppose they don't want the other team to know...it'll turn into hockey: "he has an injury....somewhere on his body."

All good questions, but right now I am just glad he is not in a cast or a sling.

imscott72
09-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Whewwwww...We lucked out..give him the week off..

Fritz
09-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Do you, if you're MM, dare to give Williams the whole week and the game off, in hopes you get by Newton and Carolina?

Of course, I am asking your opinion though none of us know how badly he is hurt...

Bossman641
09-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Do you, if you're MM, dare to give Williams the whole week and the game off, in hopes you get by Newton and Carolina?

Of course, I am asking your opinion though none of us know how badly he is hurt...

Most definitely. If I'm MM I hold Neal out as well to give him another week of recovery.

Joemailman
09-09-2011, 04:57 PM
I think MM should tell him to stop being a candy ass wimp and cover some kicks or recover an onside kick.

KYPack
09-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Most definitely. If I'm MM I hold Neal out as well to give him another week of recovery.
I'll sing with the chorus on this one. Sit Tramon against Caroline. Cam Newton will have enough trouble getting out of his own way, he won't burn any of our corners.

Get T ready for the Bears in Soldier.

hoosier
09-09-2011, 09:00 PM
When my bananas get bruises that is usually a sign that they are starting to go south on me. I say use 'em while you got 'em.

Joemailman
09-09-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm more worried about Mike Neal. Knee swelled up on Thursday. The guy has been day to day longer than Qaddafi.

gbgary
09-09-2011, 10:19 PM
glad he's said to be much better and will be "ready for week two." hell...i'd set him down for the next game against car just to give it more time. newton will be more of a run threat than an aerial one.

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm more worried about Mike Neal. Knee swelled up on Thursday. The guy has been day to day longer than Qaddafi.

Life is never easy for a man in uniform.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01422/ghadaffi-uniform_1422008i.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2009/5/27/1243429900344/Michael-Jackson-in-milita-001.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/packers/images/c/c8/Mike_Neal.jpg

RashanGary
09-09-2011, 11:16 PM
It's not a bruise unless you're using bruise in the most general sense possible, which is pretty much what MM does. I'll bet he's out a good couple weeks or more.

Brandon494
09-09-2011, 11:27 PM
glad he's said to be much better and will be "ready for week two." hell...i'd set him down for the next game against car just to give it more time. newton will be more of a run threat than an aerial one.

Agreed and Wynn looked solid taking his spot. We'll be fine, this defense only struggles against elite passers which Newton is far from.

Guiness
09-10-2011, 12:07 AM

No way on Neal.

He's missed a lot of time, and is going to be rusty, at best. If he can go, Carolina is a good tune-up game for him, get him some snaps.

If he can't go...well, maybe the ghost of Harell is not gone yet. He really needs to get on the field.

Fritz
09-10-2011, 07:11 AM
Yeah, the Neal thing is starting to bother me. It's that vague "well, maybe" thing here that is troubling. It seems as if he plays a few games...then he's gone. Is this going to be a situation in which the team finally admits it was hoping the knee would heal on its own, but it hasn't so they've decided they'll do surgery and lose the guy for the year?

The guy so far just cannot stay on the field. Hell, what am I saying? So far this year he can't even get on the field. And his past is similar. Not the pattern you hope for from a 2nd round guy you'd hoped to have develop into a monster.

Yup, this is starting to smell like Justin Harrell - although in this case Neal seems to really, really want to play, whereas Harrell seemed like a really nice guy who didn't particularly love the game but had a lot of talent. Either way, though, Neal's situation is troubling.

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Ahhh, the coaches said Justin Harrell worked really, really hard to be the best player he could be. The guy had a bad back, or he'd be collecting millions with some NFL team.

I'm not too worried about Neal's knee. Its a sprain, a slight tear. Annoying waiting for it to heal, but he will be 100% before long.