PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up woth Woodson's sucker punch?

CaptainKickass
09-09-2011, 12:54 AM
I just wanna know what the fuck was up with that. Was the other dude on his case all night? I've never seen Chuck do anything like that. I'd just hate for him or our team to become known as dirty. Will he get fined? Suspended?

Gunakor
09-09-2011, 01:19 AM
I don't think there's any question he'll be fined. I don't think he'll be suspended though. This was completely out of character for Woodson, and with his record being pretty clean I really doubt a suspension will be forthcoming.

PA Pack Fan
09-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Sucker punch? Do you even kmow what a sucker punch is? It was an uppercut!

bobblehead
09-09-2011, 06:03 AM
I would use the "Suh" defense of: I am trying to give my team a tougher image.

woodbuck27
09-09-2011, 06:05 AM
Sucker punch? Do you even kmow what a sucker punch is? It was an uppercut!

Ohh that's worse. An upper cut sucker punch doubles the penalty over a straight right. SHIT!

woodbuck27
09-09-2011, 06:10 AM
I just wanna know what the fuck was up with that. Was the other dude on his case all night? I've never seen Chuck do anything like that. I'd just hate for him or our team to become known as dirty. Will he get fined? Suspended?

Charles Woodson avoids ejection after punching David Thomas

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/08/charles-woodson-avoids-ejection-after-punching-david-thomas/

Fritz
09-09-2011, 06:47 AM
At first glance I thought Woodson punched the guy in the nuts. Well, in the cup.

smuggler
09-09-2011, 06:53 AM
I think the guy gave him a shove in the shoulder/head area right before the punch, so it's not like it was unprovoked. He'll still get fined, though, but he won't be suspended.

Deputy Nutz
09-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Graham continued to block Woodson after the play and wouldn't get out of his face. All that Boxing in the off-season has Woodson wired.

sheepshead
09-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Woodson's a pro and he was getting unnecessarily manhandled. I dont blame him for getting pissed. However his punch was against the rules and he should know better then to put his team in that position.

denverYooper
09-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Thomas was up to something before the punch. We thought maybe he was squeezing Chuck's sack but couldn't really see.

mmmdk
09-09-2011, 08:37 AM
I don't think there's any question he'll be fined. I don't think he'll be suspended though. This was completely out of character for Woodson, and with his record being pretty clean I really doubt a suspension will be forthcoming.

I don't know; it all started at the White House when some guy said he was a Bears fan. Chuck let him "have it" too :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2011, 10:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k-a033kBos
Fast forward to around 1:30 to see the punch clearly

Its not that big of a deal, heat of the moment, although guess you'd have to ask the guy who took the punch about that.

SkinBasket
09-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Last night, I thought he was just trying to get his hand up and it just looked like a punch, but nope. He totally punched that guy. Awesome.

ThunderDan
09-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Kind of disappointed in CWood because of that play.

I agree with the comment that I don't want the Packers to be a "dirty" team. Let's rough the other team up within the rules!

pbmax
09-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Kind of disappointed in CWood because of that play.

I agree with the comment that I don't want the Packers to be a "dirty" team. Let's rough the other team up within the rules!

I agree, except I would add an exception that if no one is looking, its legal.

mission
09-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Dirty is when you fall on someone's legs when they're engaged. Dirty is when you smack a QB in the head long after he throws the ball.

Woodson and Graham (?) were in engaged after a play and Wood punched him in the stomach. Have any of you ever been punched in the stomach? If yes, do you have at least 6-pack abs? That shit doesn't hurt, come on.

Don't disagree that he should be fined since it's against the rules but it's hardly "dirty". The guys were face to face essentially...

Ever been on the bottom of the pile? What other players do to you *down there* is dirty.

Some of you guys are real Sallys. :lol:

pbmax
09-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Its also smarter than punching in the helmet, which is going to hurt you more than him.

red
09-09-2011, 12:44 PM
did he even land the punch? you really didn't see the other guy react like you would think. usually you bend over when you get hit or even poked there

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2011, 12:50 PM
did he even land the punch? you really didn't see the other guy react like you would think. usually you bend over when you get hit or even poked there take a look at the video, the guy grimaces, he took a punch, although not exactly a Joe Frazier body blow

mraynrand
09-09-2011, 01:23 PM
take a look at the video, the guy grimaces, he took a punch, although not exactly a Joe Frazier body blow

http://www.catsandbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/grimace.jpg

Kiwon
09-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Last night, I thought he was just trying to get his hand up and it just looked like a punch, but nope. He totally punched that guy. Awesome.

I thought Wood used good technique; Used his left arm to create space and then, boom!, gave the guy a quick shot in the gut. Kinda cool, actually, for a future HOFer.

red
09-09-2011, 04:12 PM
after watching the replay, it looks like he threw two to the body

MadtownPacker
09-10-2011, 12:41 PM
If Woodson had been a fool and went off and got ejected I would have issue. But all he did was get in a shot or two. Isn't the dumbass he hit the same one that did the championship belt after a TD? I bet he was talking shit the whole time, sorry white mfer.

Brandon494
09-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Had no problem with it, only wish some of that BAMF attitude would rub off Mr. looks like Tarzan plays like Jane a.k.a. A.J. Hawk.

MJZiggy
09-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Had no problem with it, only wish some of that BAMF attitude would rub off Mr. looks like Tarzan plays like Jane a.k.a. A.J. Hawk.

One well-placed comma and I might know what the hell you're trying to say here.

gbgary
09-10-2011, 04:28 PM
the guy kept f'ing with chuck after the play and chuck lost his cool. he admitted he lost it. shit happens. i'll bet it's a long time before it happens again...if ever. someone might try to bait him though.

mraynrand
09-10-2011, 04:30 PM

I saw enough to keep liking - not loving - Hawk. He had plenty of gusto on the second to last play.

smuggler
09-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Isn't the dumbass he hit the same one that did the championship belt after a TD? I bet he was talking shit the whole time, sorry white mfer.

Not the same dumbass, that was Jimmy Graham with the championship belt imitation fail. This was David Thomas with the late block fail.

But, what's that shit about white dudes?

MadtownPacker
09-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Not the same dumbass, that was Jimmy Graham with the championship belt imitation fail. This was David Thomas with the late block fail.

But, what's that shit about white dudes?My mistake you all look alike.

Oh my bad I meant sorry cracka mfer. :lol:

KYPack
09-11-2011, 10:21 AM
My mistake you all look alike.

Oh my bad I meant sorry cracka mfer. :lol:

Smuggler already busted you on this one, but....

Jimmy Graham is over there with "you guys" (the Third World), not with 'us' (AKA The Master Race).

Now get over there and square up them hedges, oh "Big Gardener".

MadtownPacker
09-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Smuggler already busted you on this one, but....

Jimmy Graham is over there with "you guys" (the Third World), not with 'us' (AKA The Master Race).

Now get over there and square up them hedges, oh "Big Gardener".
Dont worry senor, Im about to trim that bush real good..

http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/gallery/marijuana-girls/marijuana-girl-1.jpg

KYPack
09-11-2011, 01:02 PM
I do believe in Santa Claus.

Fresno 1 - Kentucky 0.

Rutnstrut
09-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Everyone needs to stop calling it a punch, it was more of a back the fuck off me shove.

rbaloha1
09-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Everyone needs to stop calling it a punch, it was more of a back the fuck off me shove.

That was not a shove. Fortunately not ejected. Woodson knows better and must remain calm in close games.

rbaloha1
09-12-2011, 10:45 AM

Generally agree with you about Hawk. For all the 40 freaks -- what is Hawk's 40 time compared to Sproles?

Hawk is starting to some recklessness -- the play in the endzone was nice and imo not a penalty.

Hawk needs better timing and instincts when beating a blocker. Great when unblocked. Nonetheless improved player combined with Bishop.

MadtownPacker
09-12-2011, 11:09 AM

You must get shoved all the time. :lol:

Welcome to the forum.

sharpe1027
09-12-2011, 11:09 AM
It was a dumb play by Woodson because it could have led to an ejection/suspension under a strict interpretation of the rules. It didn't and there is no reason to believe it will happen again. That is all. ;)

sharpe1027
09-12-2011, 02:55 PM

I agree that it looked like he trying to get the guy off out of his face. It wasn't a haymaker to the skull, but he did hit the guy with a closed fist. I would call it a back the fuck off me punch.

CaptainKickass
09-12-2011, 07:19 PM
..and what kind of retard uses the word "woth" in the title? Jeezus y'all let in some real trash 'round these parts.