PDA

View Full Version : Up and Coming Players League Wide

Partial
08-14-2006, 10:47 AM
After watching the game Saturday, I think #1 on my list is Shawne Merriman.

The dude was everywhere and is huge. He will be like Urlacher in a few years. If Hawk turns out to be as good as Merriman, then we will be in luck!! The dude has the moves of a premiere pass rusher (not blitzer, pass rusher. Though he is an excellent blitzer as well) and appeared to do quite well in space defending the pass.

Partial
08-14-2006, 10:59 AM
the Vikes have 3 Up and Comers on their DL. Kevin Williams will likely return to form this year now that Udeze and James will be healthy and blazing off the edges. I have a hunch Pat Williams is gonna start to slip this year, but still, it shouldn't matter since they have two lightening quick, good ends that are vastly underrated in my opinion.

The talk of camp has been the LBs, but my guess is they're only looking so great since the offensive line is very, very caught up and struggling with that wicked pass rush.

Rastak
08-14-2006, 11:01 AM
the Vikes have 3 Up and Comers on their DL. Kevin Williams will likely return to form this year now that Udeze and James will be healthy and blazing off the edges. I have a hunch Pat Williams is gonna start to slip this year, but still, it shouldn't matter since they have two lightening quick, good ends that are vastly underrated in my opinion.

The talk of camp has been the LBs, but my guess is they're only looking so great since the offensive line is very, very caught up and struggling with that wicked pass rush.

Udeze hasn't shown me much, but then again he's been hurt for two years. They say he's down 20 pounds and is looking good in camp. I think James will be a very good defensive end. He took alot of shots at the previous coaching staff (James did) and he really likes the new DL coach..that's starting to become a common theme, players ripping Tice and company.

woodbuck27
08-14-2006, 11:12 AM
" that's starting to become a common theme, players ripping Tice and company. " Rastak

Rastak. I'll bet you'll agree here.

Time to get past that . . . is past. :mrgreen:

Patler
08-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Rastak;

What's the word on James' health? Has he ever had to miss practices or anything because of a hip problem? The hip injury that he suffered in 2003 at one time was rumored to be career-threatening. Obviously he came back from it, but I have been curious about any lingering effects.

Partial
08-14-2006, 11:26 AM
lol, I looked at the thread and saw Patler's name was the last post with fear. I must say, if theres one person you don't want to debate with, it's got to be patler. The man is outstanding!!

Rastak
08-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Rastak;

What's the word on James' health? Has he ever had to miss practices or anything because of a hip problem? The hip injury that he suffered in 2003 at one time was rumored to be career-threatening. Obviously he came back from it, but I have been curious about any lingering effects.

His health is fine this year, so far at least.

HarveyWallbangers
08-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Merriman was defensive rookie of the year last year, so it's hard to say he's an up-and-comer. I think most think he'll be a Derrick Thomas type force for many years.

The jury is out on James and Udeze. They both had injury concerns coming out of college. There's obviously good potential there, but every team has young players who are high on potential. It's up to them to prove they deserve the pub.

Patler
08-14-2006, 12:09 PM
lol, I looked at the thread and saw Patler's name was the last post with fear. I must say, if theres one person you don't want to debate with, it's got to be patler. The man is outstanding!!

I try to be gentle, but firm! :lol:

Bretsky
08-14-2006, 12:31 PM

what a suck @ss :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

packrulz
08-14-2006, 12:37 PM
How is Troy Williamson doing, since he was the 7th overall pick of the Vikes? A guy I've been following is Charlie Frye of the Browns since many publications had the Packers taking him in the 1st round, (they took Rogers), and the Browns took Frye in the 3rd. Frye played good last year when Dilfer went down. This year he's struggling but he'll be the starter and have Braylon Edwards & Jurevicus to throw to. Remember they said his hands were too small, yea, right.

Patler
08-14-2006, 12:40 PM

what a suck @ss :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bretsky;

Partial has been placed on my "Be Kind To" list. You, however, have been placed on a completely different list! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-14-2006, 12:42 PM
DeAanglo Hall is also a up and coming player in my mind. I think he's is in the top 3 in corners in the NFC. Also, Heath Miller had a great rookie year for pit.

Rastak
08-14-2006, 12:54 PM
How is Troy Williamson doing, since he was the 7th overall pick of the Vikes? A guy I've been following is Charlie Frye of the Browns since many publications had the Packers taking him in the 1st round, (they took Rogers), and the Browns took Frye in the 3rd. Frye played good last year when Dilfer went down. This year he's struggling but he'll be the starter and have Braylon Edwards & Jurevicus to throw to. Remember they said his hands were too small, yea, right.

Troy has been good so far but it's just camp at this point...I want to see him in this new offense during game conditions....word is he's #2 on the depth chart right now behind Koren Robinson.

Terry
08-14-2006, 01:46 PM
I try to be gentle, but firm!

...said the actress to the bishop.