PDA

View Full Version : What does the future hold in the NFCN

Upnorth
09-14-2011, 09:38 AM
So if we project out to the 1/4 way point of the season here are the upcoming games

GB : @ Car, @ Chi, vrs Den

CHI : @NO, vrs GB, vrs Car

Det: vrs KC, @ Min, @ Dal

Our toughest game is by far @ Chi.
Chicago has two tough games, NO and us.
Detroit has Dallas.

@ Chi will probably be our toughest game of the year, lets say we don't win. I think we stand a good chance of winning as our D is better than there O, our O is better than there D, there ST's is better than our ST's when half of them are taking a nap (thanks Slocum, jab jab).
NO should beat Chi at home,
Det should beat Dallas.
Is it possible that the Pack could be 3-1 and tied for second, looking up at 4-0 Det?

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Yes, it's possible. The question I have is: should I root for the Bears over the Saints? In the long run it might be more beneficial in securing home field advantage in the playoffs (should we get there). It's hard to be completely sold on the Bears--even though they looked good in week 1. Then again, winning the division is first priority, so go Saints. And KC and Dallas.

It's sad that I'll likely be rooting for the Vikings over the Lions. Probably not. I'd like to knock out the Vikings as early as possible.

Packgator
09-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Doubt Detroit wins at both Minn. & Dallas. Detroit has three of first four games on the road. Unlikely to win all three road games. Trouble if they do.

bobblehead
09-14-2011, 11:55 AM
I predict that if we win both games Vs. Detroit we end up winning 14 regular season games (or more). Detroit looks good....real good. I don't usually jump on popular bandwagons like this, but they seem to have all the tools necessary to win. I never liked Stafford, he is reckless with the football, but he has looked real good all preseason and in week 1.

Harlan Huckleby
09-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Yes, it's possible. The question I have is: should I root for the Bears over the Saints? In the long run it might be more beneficial in securing home field advantage in the playoffs (should we get there). It's hard to be completely sold on the Bears--even though they looked good in week 1. Then again, winning the division is first priority, so go Saints. And KC and Dallas.

It's sad that I'll likely be rooting for the Vikings over the Lions. Probably not. I'd like to knock out the Vikings as early as possible.

I'm having a hard time deciding who to root for in these games too. But not because of playoff possibilities. Later in the season I'll start caring about homefield advantage in the playoffs. Packers have proven they can win on the road in the playoffs, so its not end of the world stuff.

I want all the NFC North teams to do well. And I want the Packers to have some strong rivals in New Orleans, Atlanta. My problem with the New Orleans-Chicago game is I want them both to win! I don't want things to be too easy for the Packers. Its more fun to have some giants to slay.

Packers look really, really good. No need to fear any team. Let Chicago get on a roll, it'll make the season that much more exciting. And I certainly don't want the Vikings to tank, what fun will it be to beat them up if they are pathetic?

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm having a hard time deciding who to root for in these games too. But not because of playoff possibilities. Later in the season I'll start caring about homefield advantage in the playoffs. Packers have proven they can win on the road in the playoffs, so its not end of the world stuff.

I want all the NFC North teams to do well. And I want the Packers to have some strong rivals in New Orleans, Atlanta. My problem with the New Orleans-Chicago game is I want them both to win! I don't want things to be too easy for the Packers. Its more fun to have some giants to slay.

Packers look really, really good. No need to fear any team. Let Chicago get on a roll, it'll make the season that much more exciting. And I certainly don't want the Vikings to tank, what fun will it be to beat them up if they are pathetic?

:crazy:

MadScientist
09-14-2011, 12:23 PM

The Vikings were pathetic last year, and beating them was plenty fun.

Fuck close nail-biting division races. I want the Packers to run away with it. I want them chasing legends not other teams in the division.

ThunderDan
09-14-2011, 12:27 PM

Root for the Saints. We need divsion first than conference. Also we have the head-to-head against NO in case of a tie.

Upnorth
09-14-2011, 12:56 PM
I will without a doubt be cheering for NO to win because screw you bears.

I think that if what we saw from detroit is real, they are a real threat to the pack in the nfc this year, and is the real reason I started this post.
I really hope packgator is right with his prediction as I do not want to get behind the lions this year.

Harlan Huckleby
09-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Fuck close nail-biting division races. I want the Packers to run away with it. I want them chasing legends not other teams in the division.

Nah, nail biting races are fun, both in the division and the conference.

It seems that you and Harvey want to see a league of 8-8 teams, with the Packers 16-0 and the Vikings 0-16.

Shit. I'd be falling asleep in my easy chair. I'd rather watch the NBA regular season.

This reminds me of the discussion on the Badgers easy preseason. Seems like some people love watching the Badgers playing community colleges, just as long as they don't have to worry about them having a chance of losing.

What it comes down to is manhood. I am a warrior, operating the TV remote without fear, watching competitive games. You and Harvey are big pussies.

MadScientist
09-14-2011, 01:09 PM
It seems that you and Harvey want to see a league of 8-8 teams, with the Packers 16-0 and the Vikings 0-16.

No, I want the Vikings 1-15, the Bears 1-15 and the Lions 2-14 :)

What it comes down to is manhood. I am a warrior, operating the TV remote without fear, watching competitive games. You and Harvey are big pussies.
The only thing you know about manhood is how to suck it.

Upnorth
09-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby

The only thing you know about manhood is how to suck it.

LOL

ThunderDan
09-14-2011, 01:51 PM
This reminds me of the discussion on the Badgers easy preseason. Seems like some people love watching the Badgers playing community colleges, just as long as they don't have to worry about them having a chance of losing.

That would be me. Apparently you missed my three reasons in that thread.
1. A loss in college football pretty much elimantes you from the national title, 4 wins verses cupcakes doesn't hurt you
2. Games are scheduled 3-5 years out in college football, teams that were good at the time scheduled might suck when you play them
3. MONEY FOR UW TO RUN THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT

I would rather watch LSU-Oregon, but without a "real" college playoff system what is the payoff?

LP
09-14-2011, 02:02 PM
with the Packers 16-0 and the Vikings 0-16.

That would be awesome! Almost as good as taking the Halas Trophy out of Soldier Field!

RashanGary
09-14-2011, 03:14 PM

I kind of like what the Bears did. They went for toughness. Big guys on both sides, Marion Barber. . . . Whether or not they're winners, they're going to punch you in the mouth.

RashanGary
09-14-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm kind of with HH. I don't want to see the Packers beat, but boy, I love when a team comes in riding high, getting all the hype. I love it when we whip their ass. . . . .

Beating the Panthers, I know it's an NFL game and all that. I know it's supposed to feel like an accomplishment. To be honest, if we win, I probably won't feel any jubilation at all. If we lose, I'll be disappointed in whoever F'd it up. The only victories I take is AR and Matthews racking up stats / highlights. That's always fun.

I want the Bears to start whipping teams asses. The two games we play them, I want to whip their ass and send Lovie packing. For some reason, that guy's lack of emotion urks me. When we win, I want to see the grimace on his face. Instead, he has the same steady, heroine induced comma look.

pbmax
09-14-2011, 04:33 PM
I kind of like what the Bears did. They went for toughness. Big guys on both sides, Marion Barber. . . . Whether or not they're winners, they're going to punch you in the mouth.

Barber is only dangerous in this regard if you suffer a concussion and wrongly wander over to the Bear's bench where he sits, injured and inactive, similar to his last year as a Cowboy.

Fritz
09-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Fuck the Bears, fuck the Lions, fuck the Vikings.

There. That was easy.

Harlan Huckleby
09-14-2011, 06:32 PM
1. A loss in college football pretty much elimantes you from the national title, 4 wins verses cupcakes doesn't hurt you
2. Games are scheduled 3-5 years out in college football, teams that were good at the time scheduled might suck when you play them
3. MONEY FOR UW TO RUN THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
Who cares about changing your odds of winning a national title from 1 in 1000 to 1 in 1300?
And who gives a damn about the athletic department milking one half extra home game by playing South Dakota State instead of doing home-away series with Arkansas, Oklahoma or Stanford?

I would rather watch LSU-Oregon, but without a "real" college playoff system what is the payoff?

What is the payoff? What is the purpose of being a sports fan? ENTERTAINMENT

Some people seem to treat the packers like an extra job or something. As if a loss is going to take money out of their family budget.

As Justin Harrell points out, who looks forward to games, in college or pros, against crappy teams? Everybody in Badgerland can't wait until Nebraska comes to town. Packer fans want to see the Bears or New England or some other challenge. Nobody remembers any of the blowout games from last year, the wins against good teams are legendary.

mraynrand
09-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Nobody remembers any of the blowout games from last year, the wins against good teams are legendary.

Well, one: The 31-3 Blow out in Minnesota. But the first game at Green Bay was more exciting:

http://answers.bettor.com/images/Articles/thumbs/extralarge/2010_11_19-2010_11_19_14_22_31-jpg-42369.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Against Minnesota or Chicago, I'd take 31-3 over a close game in every game we play them.

gex
09-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Lets not forget last year when we lost some of those cupcake games that were supposed to be an easy win.

superfan
09-15-2011, 12:00 AM
No, I want the Vikings 1-15, the Bears 1-15 and the Lions 2-14 :)

I disagree, I prefer that all three teams finish 8-8 every year, missing the playoffs and drafting in the 14-18 range. Don't need any more Suhs or Megatrons in the division.

Freak Out
09-15-2011, 01:58 AM
No doubt...even with a pathetic front office it's hard not to load up when you pick top three every year.

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2011, 11:57 AM
No doubt...even with a pathetic front office it's hard not to load up when you pick top three every year.hard, but not impossible.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/motion/2009/0922/dm_090922_nfl_matt_millen.jpg
It is absolutely eerie to listen to MM's analysis during games. He breaks-down every players game, from their cone time, to their knee bend, motor, vertical jump, vision, pad level and eating habits. He simply will not admit that the GM gig is over.

Fritz
09-15-2011, 04:18 PM
No doubt...even with a pathetic front office it's hard not to load up when you pick top three every year.

See: Millen, Matt

Fritz
09-15-2011, 04:20 PM
hard, but not impossible.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/motion/2009/0922/dm_090922_nfl_matt_millen.jpg
It is absolutely eerie to listen to MM's analysis during games. He breaks-down every players game, from their cone time, to their knee bend, motor, vertical jump, vision, pad level and eating habits. He simply will not admit that the GM gig is over.

He does that as part of his job as announcer. He never fooled with that crap when he was a GM.

mraynrand
09-15-2011, 04:33 PM
He does that as part of his job as announcer. He never fooled with that crap when he was a GM.

I think it's like a trained squirrel kind of thing. Millen knows those terms are "GM terms 'n stuff" so he sez 'em to remind you that he was a GM and talked all that "Combine Lingo."

Millen drafted like a fan who just read 6 draft trade magazines, with his googly eyes spinning over guys who made "Big hits" and had "great plays" and "turned heads" in practices, etc. If Brent Musburger drooled over a player "He's one heckuva player," you can bet that meant more to Millen than a great three cone.

Upnorth
09-15-2011, 11:27 PM
I think it's like a trained squirrel kind of thing. Millen knows those terms are "GM terms 'n stuff" so he sez 'em to remind you that he was a GM and talked all that "Combine Lingo."

Millen drafted like a fan who just read 6 draft trade magazines, with his googly eyes spinning over guys who made "Big hits" and had "great plays" and "turned heads" in practices, etc. If Brent Musburger drooled over a player "He's one heckuva player," you can bet that meant more to Millen than a great three cone.

But did he stay awake at the combine???