PDA

View Full Version : An oddity from the New Orleans Game Highlights

mraynrand
09-14-2011, 11:06 PM
So I'm watching the ESPN highlights of last Thursday's game, and they show Turgovic celebrating the last defensive stop, and I see this smudge on his mouth. At first, I think it's a drop of water on the camera. Was it raining? No. Then I look closer and it looks like they deliberately digitally blotted his mouth out. So what was he doing? I go and check the DVR of the broadcast game, and there he is, mouthing what looks to be the F-bomb. The only audio is Al Michaels yapping, and I can't read lips, so I don't know what he said other than the obvious F-bomb. So I can reach no other conclusion than ESPN actually took the trouble to blot out the silent F-bomb - for what? For the sensibilities of all the lip readers out there? Is it now an FCC violation to (re) broadcast a silent F-bomb. You gotta be kidding me.

Joemailman
09-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Turgovic (Trgovac) requested it because he was afraid if his mother saw it he would get mouth washed out with soap.

King Friday
09-15-2011, 07:46 PM
If this were true, then Coach Kelly at Notre Dame would have to be in a constant state of blurring.

Jaws dropped the S bomb on the air on Monday night, so methinks you are trying to find things that aren't really there.