PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Meyer, Marine Medal of Honor Recipient, Says He’s No Hero

mraynrand
09-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Yes he is. If you haven't heard the story, read it here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903927204576572450813188390.html

swede
09-16-2011, 04:40 PM
We could use a movie like this. A careful re-enactment would make a Rambo movie look realistic.

Instead of exploring the dark side of American aggression we can explore the Special Effects' Department's ability to explore the gooey pink inside of bad guys.

mraynrand
09-16-2011, 04:46 PM
I was listening to the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" The lyrics include:

"As He died to make men holy, let us die to make men free"

Holy cannolis, how many centuries ago was that written? People go apoplectic if you even say Jesus in public these days. Give up my life to free others? WTF? I'm gaming, leave me alone.

Freak Out
09-16-2011, 05:00 PM
A couple of years ago I stumbled upon the CMOH website and ended up reading the entire list....very emotional stuff. Every once in awhile I'll reminisce and think what a bad ass I was back in the day....and then I remember what I read that night.

MJZiggy
09-16-2011, 05:15 PM
A couple of years ago I stumbled upon the CMOH website and ended up reading the entire list....very emotional stuff. Every once in awhile I'll reminisce and think what a bad ass I was back in the day....and then I remember what I read that night. Funny I had just looked it up and was about to post it. And he thinks he's no hero?

http://www.cmohs.org/recipient-detail/3480/meyer-dakota.php

Deputy Nutz
09-19-2011, 08:09 AM
I read stuff like this and I realize how fucked up everyone else is. Shitfuck this guy is a hero, these are the guys we should idolize, our fathers did so when they were just boys, not some fucking basketball player or football player making millions of dollars because we spunk all over ourselves every Sunday afternoon becasue they can play a game. We should all go out and buy ourselves a Dakota Myers' jersey.

Partial
09-19-2011, 09:54 AM
I read stuff like this and I realize how fucked up everyone else is. Shitfuck this guy is a hero, these are the guys we should idolize, our fathers did so when they were just boys, not some fucking basketball player or football player making millions of dollars because we spunk all over ourselves every Sunday afternoon becasue they can play a game. We should all go out and buy ourselves a Dakota Myers' jersey.

Well said.

Zool
09-19-2011, 09:56 AM

Weird to buy a jersey for a guy who doesnt play a sport. Maybe we should all go buy a camo jacket with his name on the front?

Deputy Nutz
09-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Zool, you missed the point.