PDA

View Full Version : Collins Injury

SkinBasket
09-18-2011, 04:18 PM
So... is he dead or what?

red
09-18-2011, 04:21 PM
got this from rotoworld

CBS Sports' Charley Casserly reports that a CT test on Packers FS Nick Collins' neck game back negative.

Collins has movement in all of his extremities. All of the early signs are positive for Collins, who left Sunday's game on a stretcher but was waving to fans as he was carted off. His status for Week 3 at Chicago is uncertain.

Jimx29
09-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Here's the post from the Pack at FB: Nick Collins has normal feeling and complete movement in his extremities. As is standard protocol, he will be kept in the hospital overnight for observation. When he returns to Green Bay, he will undergo further testing and evaluation.

gbgary
09-18-2011, 06:23 PM
good news!

Harlan Huckleby
09-18-2011, 06:29 PM
a CT test on Packers FS Nick Collins' neck game back negative

negative!!! oh my God. oh my God. Sweet Jesus, please let Nick walk again, if you do I'lll never use your name in vain again. I will turn the other cheek when Skinbasket strikes out at me. I'll, I'll never wish bad things for Ryan Grant.

SkinBasket
09-18-2011, 08:07 PM
I will spread the other cheek when Skinbasket strikes out at me.

fixed, as it were.

mmmdk
09-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Get better soon, Collins! :pack:

channtheman
09-18-2011, 09:12 PM
I think he'll be completely fine, tbh. He was wiggling his leg after he went to the ground.

Little Whiskey
09-18-2011, 09:25 PM
I think he'll be completely fine, tbh. He was wiggling his leg after he went to the ground.

I've shot deer who's legs are still "wiggling" as they go to the ground. they aren't fine. just sayin

channtheman
09-18-2011, 11:16 PM
I've shot deer who's legs are still "wiggling" as they go to the ground. they aren't fine. just sayin

Yeah I know. I think a lot of this is just extreme precaution, which is fine. I'm just saying he wasn't completely motionless like you see with people who have had serious injuries. And of course he was waving on the cart.

Deputy Nutz
09-19-2011, 08:00 AM
I thought he has faking it the whole time.

SkinBasket
09-19-2011, 09:13 AM
I thought he has faking it the whole time.

Could be. Maybe he's fatigued from fucking up so often this season.

smuggler
09-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Considering the rules regarding player returns from head injuries, it is highly doubtful that Collins plays against the Bears.

pbmax
09-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Is it a concussion or actually a neck injury, like a stinger?

rbaloha1
09-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Expect Collins and Williams starting next week.

Joemailman
09-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Collins likely has a concussion or a sprain the neck area. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he plays against the Bears, given how cautious the Packers are with returning guys from injuries.

denverYooper
09-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Is it a concussion or actually a neck injury, like a stinger?

When I saw it I thought (hoped) it was a stinger and they were being cautious with the backboard. He hit the guy's leg, so it didn't seem to be the kind of hard surface strike that usually causes a concussion.

Guiness
09-19-2011, 11:35 AM
When I saw it I thought (hoped) it was a stinger and they were being cautious with the backboard. He hit the guy's leg, so it didn't seem to be the kind of hard surface strike that usually causes a concussion.

No, you're wrong. He hit the guy's butt, and he's in trouble because Stewart follows the 'Buns of Steel' routine. :lol:

Seriously though, I also think it's going to be his neck. It got twisted around pretty good, so it could be some sort of a muscle strain.

Little Whiskey
09-19-2011, 05:16 PM

Yeah I know. I think a lot of this is just extreme precaution, which is fine. I'm just saying he wasn't completely motionless like you see with people who have had serious injuries. And of course he was waving on the cart.

looks like it was the bad "wiggling" and not so much the good "wiggling"