PDA

View Full Version : Jags Sign Chastin West

vince
09-18-2011, 05:24 PM
My tweeps. I appreciate All you guys but I am no longer part of the pack nation. Jacksoville Jaguars here I come

Fritz
09-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Oh well. If James Jones can't get the ball, how could Chastin West?

red
09-18-2011, 06:11 PM
shit

good luck kid

Harlan Huckleby
09-18-2011, 06:18 PM
that's a shame

Patler
09-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Thank god! Jennings, et al. can breath a sigh of relief. Their jobs are safe.

pbmax
09-18-2011, 06:41 PM
We'll always love you "Toolbelt".

At least gbgary and I will ...

rbaloha1
09-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Good for West bad for the Packers. Anyone else disappointed with the JJ resigning?

Joemailman
09-18-2011, 08:33 PM
TT is an idiot.

mmmdk
09-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Good for West bad for the Packers. Anyone else disappointed with the JJ resigning?

Soon, I will be! The force is weak with this one [JJ].

red
09-18-2011, 08:34 PM

yup, we'll have to see how it all plays out. if jones only gets one pass to him a game then i would say it wasn't worth it

gbgary
09-18-2011, 08:55 PM
dang it! gotta stop saving for my toolbelt jersey now.

Deputy Nutz
09-18-2011, 09:00 PM
At least I recognized James Jones before the 4th quarter.

channtheman
09-18-2011, 11:01 PM
19 completions is going to mean that hardly anyone is getting many passes thrown their way. Come on people, JJ, despite the drops, has shown that he has the talent to succeed. If all he is is a 3-4 that's okay because we have a 1 and a 2. Chastin West impressed in the preseason but when Terrell Sutton did the same thing no one cared when he got cut. Why care when West signs with someone else?

bobblehead
09-19-2011, 08:38 AM
yup, we'll have to see how it all plays out. if jones only gets one pass to him a game then i would say it wasn't worth it

What if Jordy goes down with an injury? I know you can't predict such things, but when you can sign a quality receiver who knows your system to a very reasonable contract its a good signing....period.

Pugger
09-19-2011, 08:45 AM
I think the other WR, Gurley, on the PS might be the better receiver.

Good luck in Jax West. Once in a while they air Jax games down here so I hope I can see him play.

retailguy
09-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Thank god! Jennings, et al. can breath a sigh of relief. Their jobs are safe.

The voice of reason speaks quietly.

rbaloha1
09-19-2011, 11:00 AM
19 completions is going to mean that hardly anyone is getting many passes thrown their way. Come on people, JJ, despite the drops, has shown that he has the talent to succeed. If all he is is a 3-4 that's okay because we have a 1 and a 2. Chastin West impressed in the preseason but when Terrell Sutton did the same thing no one cared when he got cut. Why care when West signs with someone else?

That is not true. It was a bummer Sutton was released.

rbaloha1
09-19-2011, 11:02 AM
What if Jordy goes down with an injury? I know you can't predict such things, but when you can sign a quality receiver who knows your system to a very reasonable contract its a good signing....period.

True. What about resigning both Nelson and Finley? IMO it may not be possible to resign both to mega contracts.

rbaloha1
09-19-2011, 11:03 AM
I think the other WR, Gurley, on the PS might be the better receiver.

Good luck in Jax West. Once in a while they air Jax games down here so I hope I can see him play.

Gurley needs a chance.

prime311
09-19-2011, 11:28 AM
If for some reason Jennings went down we'll be really happy to have Jones. Nelson isn't fast enough to replace Jennings and we'd lose that deep speed that teams have to account for. Jones is excellent insurance. After winning a SB thanks to quality depth I'd think we should appreciate quality depth as much as anyone.

I should say though I was sad to see West go. Jags got a good WR right there. If the Pack weren't so stacked at the position I doubt they would've cut him.

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Was it me or did it seem like Jones was in the game a lot more this week than last week, and Nelson was not? Every time I looked at the 3 receiver set -- it seemed to be Jones in there. At this point, Nelson needs to play more than Jones. Until near the end of last year, I thought they were comparable. However, it appears Nelson has taken a step up and Jones a step back. Maybe Jones is bothered by his injury.

Smidgeon
09-19-2011, 11:37 AM

This, I agree with. Even his one catch yesterday, I thought, showed what a powerful runner he can be. I think he'll have good games. And maybe M3 can move JJ to the possession type role and let Finley, Jennings, and Nelson be the field stretchers. That would leave Driver, Cobb, and Jones for the shorts and mediums. And frankly, JJ catches better in traffic anyway...