PDA

View Full Version : It's Bear Week I

Joemailman
09-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Like last year, the Packers are 2-0 going into Chicago. Unlike last year, the Bears are 1-1. This will be a huge game for them. A loss would put them down 2 games to the Packers.

My guess is the Packers are going to get Tramon Williams back, but probably have to play without Nick Collins. My biggest concern defensively is Matt Forte. 2 weeks in a row, the Packers have been gashed by backs catching passes out of the backfield. Forte has the ability to turn a screen pass into a long TD.

Offensively, the key is protecting the football. The Packers will move the football against the Bears. The Bears though are probably the best at stripping the ball. Right? James Jones? Urlacher always seems to make a big play against the Packers. Having Finley back should help.

hoosier
09-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Agreed about containing Forte and ball security on offense. They will also need a repeat performance from Masthay and the punt coverage unit. It will be interesting to see whether they can generate consistent pressure on Cutler with the Bears's substandard OL.

Joemailman
09-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Gabe Carimi was hurt yesterday, and all of Saint's sacks came after he went out. His status is uncertain for Sunday. Of course, one big difference is that in this game the Bears O-Linemen will be able to hear the snap count, which likely was not the case in New Orleans.

hoosier
09-19-2011, 10:20 AM
The Chicago Tribune has an article today in which the writer claims that Martz yesterday reverted to the "egomaniacal" coordinator who tries to make the team fit his system rather than the other way around. He continued to ignore the run and ran slow developing deep routes even after it became clear that the Bears OL couldn't keep the Saints defenders off Cutler. The Packers chances will improve greatly if they can generate pressure with three or four while keeping Forte in check as a reciever.

smuggler
09-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Definitely agree on Forte. No word on Camini yet, but he seems questionable at best. Major Wright and Nick Collins are both out at least this week.

rbaloha1
09-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Gabe Carimi was hurt yesterday, and all of Saint's sacks came after he went out. His status is uncertain for Sunday. Of course, one big difference is that in this game the Bears O-Linemen will be able to hear the snap count, which likely was not the case in New Orleans.

Good point. Expect hard fought typical Packer-Bear game.

rbaloha1
09-19-2011, 10:57 AM
The Chicago Tribune has an article today in which the writer claims that Martz yesterday reverted to the "egomaniacal" coordinator who tries to make the team fit his system rather than the other way around. He continued to ignore the run and ran slow developing deep routes even after it became clear that the Bears OL couldn't keep the Saints defenders off Cutler. The Packers chances will improve greatly if they can generate pressure with three or four while keeping Forte in check as a reciever.

Good info. This plays right into the Packer's hand.

Smidgeon
09-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Is it just me, or does Cutler look thinner this year? No more neck fat. I wonder if the criticism he got this offseason got to him and he worked out harder than he ever has before. Has anyone watched any games? Is he playing better? Will this one be extra tough?

pbmax
09-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Is it just me, or does Cutler look thinner this year? No more neck fat. I wonder if the criticism he got this offseason got to him and he worked out harder than he ever has before. Has anyone watched any games? Is he playing better? Will this one be extra tough?

He broke up with his fiance, so he had to get back into dating trim.

mmmdk
09-19-2011, 12:17 PM

Funny stuff :lol:

Joemailman
09-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Maybe he's a bad enough cook that he's eating less.

smuggler
09-19-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm guessing he got a little more trim to better avoid knee injuries. And the horrible, horrible criticism they bring.

Speaking of knee injuries: http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/6993009/chicago-bears-offensive-tackle-gabe-carimi-dislocated-right-knee

Bears rook Gabe Carimi is, best case scenario, out for about 4 weeks. I haven't anything on the results any diagnostic imaging, but I imagine this is because he tore his LCL. If he damaged other ligaments as well, he could be out 6-10 weeks or, in the worse case, for the rest of the year.

Not that I want the Bears to have an excuse, but this makes their game with us next week quite an uphill battle.

buchunter03
09-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Bears first rounder Gabe Carimi dislocates knee... per ProFootballTalk on twitter

sheepshead
09-19-2011, 02:17 PM

A buddy of mine that was watching the games with me (a bears fan) said the same thing

Joemailman
09-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Bears first rounder Gabe Carimi dislocates knee... per ProFootballTalk on twitter

Which probably means a lot of double teams on Matthews. I would look for a lot of blitzing from Woodson next week, if T-Will is back.

mraynrand
09-19-2011, 02:30 PM
The Packers chances will improve greatly if they can generate pressure with three or four while keeping Forte in check as a reciever.

Ya think?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060506205303/uncyclopedia/images/5/51/CaptObviousTitanic.jpg

TennesseePackerBacker
09-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Well, the Packers have a clear advantage against a weakend Bears secondary. Can the Packers O-line keep Rodgers upright? Peppers and Idonje (sp?) could create pressure problems. It'll be interesting to see what kind of blitz packages Capers prepares for this week.

In the end I see another hard fought Packers/Bears game, with turnovers being the deciding factor. I believe we'll see a higher scoring game than usual between these two teams, with both teams looking to take advantage of under-performing secondaries.

As a gambler, I love the early line on the game total 45.5. I expect it to reach 47 or so by game-time. This one's going over folks.

3irty1
09-19-2011, 02:41 PM
If the Packers lose this it will probably have something to do with Julius Peppers. Forte is good but the Packers don't get beaten by running backs.

Dom consistently brings out the worst in Cutler and despite unlucky execution, I usually like MM's gameplan against the Bears. Having legit running backs is going to make this one a little easier methinks. Lovie's defensive philosophy is that offense is hard. If you take away the explosive plays and make the offense run a million small plays, they'll probably make some mistakes. I look for Ryan Grant to get the majority of carries in this one. He's had a lot of success against the Bears in his career and excels at moving the chains without making mistakes. Establishing the run will do a lot for Clifton who will be sitting in the chair all day vs Peppers.

smuggler
09-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Unfortunately, Peppers and Idonije are both coming off a pretty poor game, so they will be hungry to forget all about that.

MadtownPacker
09-19-2011, 04:38 PM

I was thinking he is thinner cuz he gets to keep all his crackrocks to himself.

sheepshead
09-19-2011, 04:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG5h7qIUbfc&feature=related

CaliforniaCheez
09-20-2011, 06:04 AM
As always it is a big game. The Packers have to keep pace with the Lions who are playing with the viklings.
Divisional games are always big and the Bears will be fired up after losing a to a Packers common game, and conference opponent(key tiebreakers).

The Packers D-line should have an advantage over the Bears O-line. The Packers O-line needs a big game.

Iron Mike
09-20-2011, 07:21 AM
From the opposite side of the fence:

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/1/2788282/ShowThread.aspx

Bossman641
09-20-2011, 09:45 AM
If you remember last year, the Bears started out the year very similar to how Sunday’s Saints’ game went: a lot of 5 and 7 step drops, an out of whack run/pass ratio, pass plays without extra protection, etc. Once they figured out that couldn’t work, it swung back the other way to being more conservative. That’s how I see Sunday playing out. I expect a heavy dose of Forte, screens, and quick passes from the Bears.

Offensively, Forte has been carrying the Bears. He has looked really good this year with a burst that I didn’t think he had. The Bears still can’t run block worth a shit for the most part, Forte does his best work on dump-offs. The Bear offense was all out of sorts Sunday – Cutler wasn’t getting the ball out quickly and the OL were missing blitzers and allowing free runs at him. You have to believe Capers will try the same and attempt to confuse the protection. The Saints had a ton of success blitzing DB’s off the corners and blitzed on something like 65% of Cutler’s attempts. They were bringing 6 and even 7 on a large percentage of those. I have a hard time seeing Capers being as aggressive as Williams was but obviously it will be key to get Cutler flustered. By the end of the game he was throwing off his back foot on almost every attempt. He also left his receivers out to dry 2-3 times when the Bears tried to beat the blitz and he led them directly into safeties.

The Bear defense has been playing well. I was impressed how they were able to shut down the Saints offense in the first half. It will be the same as always with them. It will be important for the Packer players to protect the ball as the Bears swarm to the ball. Rodgers will have to take what is given to him and be patient with the offense. I’m really anxious to see what Finley is able to do as he is supposed to be the ultimate cover 2 breaker. I’m also interested in seeing how much more effective the Packers can be running the ball then they were last year. The interior of the OL should be able to get some push.

hoosier
09-20-2011, 09:55 AM
From the opposite side of the fence:

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/1/2788282/ShowThread.aspx

They actually had one or two reasonable sounding Bears fans posting in that thread. What is this world coming to?

Upnorth
09-20-2011, 10:22 AM
So is this the week we finally get a good pass rush? If we have troubles against the bears oline, it won't be pretty this year.
I think Caper's knows how to limit the Forte Screen's and if that is the beares biggest weapon we wont give up 400 yards again.

Is this the week Jones has a big game? I could see him and Finley getting used a lot in the pasing game. I don't think Grant or Starks will be much of a factor in the game except to keep the Bears D off balance.

This is our biggest game until we meet Detroit, and we need a win to keep pace with what appears to be a great lions team.

mmmdk
09-20-2011, 01:02 PM
I was wearing my Packers # 12 SB championship cap in my local [danish] supermarket today, as a young guy stopped me and said "congrats with the championship...hope you beat the Bears sunday". It turned out the youngster was turning on to the NFL and Packers gave him a glow in his eyes; furthermore he said: "I love Rodgers but I hate Favre". Now, I've shortened the conversation but the essense is there. The soon to be Green'nGold fan loved the history & proud foundation the Packers are built upon and had no love for selfishness or malicious brouhaha provided by a certain individual. He's Packer people; he's becoming a part of the grand Packer fan culture that spands the entire world. Being a Packer fan is special but not for everybody; it's for Packer people.

mmmdk
09-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Btw; Packers at Bears will be shown LIVE on danish TV-3 next sunday! As will a noon game, SNF & MNF.

denverYooper
09-20-2011, 02:01 PM
So is this the week we finally get a good pass rush? If we have troubles against the bears oline, it won't be pretty this year.
I think Caper's knows how to limit the Forte Screen's and if that is the beares biggest weapon we wont give up 400 yards again.

Is this the week Jones has a big game? I could see him and Finley getting used a lot in the pasing game. I don't think Grant or Starks will be much of a factor in the game except to keep the Bears D off balance.

This is our biggest game until we meet Detroit, and we need a win to keep pace with what appears to be a great lions team.

RK TEAM ATT COMP PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK YDSL RATE YDS/G
1 Dallas 68 42 61.8 447 7.6 33 4 2 10 67 92.4 224
2 Philadelphia 63 35 55.6 361 6.4 32 4 2 9 43 83.0 181
3 New Orleans 80 46 57.5 482 7.0 36 4 0 8 74 95.6 241
4 Green Bay 95 60 63.2 800 9.0 62 4 3 7 51 92.9 400

Is pass rush the biggest problem? Green Bay is 4th in sacks right now. I know that measuring sacks is not necessarily the best indicator of pass rush effectiveness but it seemed to me that they had pressure that forced Newton into some bad throws on Sunday. Those fatties really pushed the line pretty well. Brees is one of the hardest QBs to sack (26 last year in 16 gms) and Newton's newness and ability pose some problems for would-be sackers.

Green Bay is 19th in passer rating against (they were 1 last year) but part of that might be a distortion from Brees (112.5) because he makes up 1/2 of the current year's sample. The Bears are just behind the Packers (94.8) after playing the Saints and people (rightly) feel the Bears have a pretty good D. Newton's rating was 72.0, even without Tramon in the game.

Fun extra fact about Sunday's game from Football Outsiders:

Cam Newton in the first quarter: 10-of-12, 151 yards, 1 touchdown, 111 DYAR. In the last three quarters: 18-of-34, 281 yards, 3 interceptions, -65 DYAR.

Most troubling so far about the defense might be that Green Bay has the worst 3rd down conversion rate against, at 56%. That should come down, though, as they face worse and/or less mobile QBs.

Now, I'm not excited about the pass rush, I'm just not sure it's a huge problem. Walden is underwhelming as a rusher and guys seem to get into him pretty easily and neutralize him but he doesn't kill us. Those guys on Philly's wide 9 front looked awesome tearing ass up the field until Atlanta started running right by everyone just hunting for sacks.
Hopefully So'oto or Neal will come back healthy and start crushing QBs but if they don't, I still think the D will hold it's own.

I feel like it takes a good 4 games to see how Os/Ds are really looking because there's not a good tape base yet, teams are getting into the rhythm of regular season games, and injuries peak early. And for the Packers, it seems to take about 8 games to really get rolling.

denverYooper
09-20-2011, 04:07 PM
One thing I've noticed lately: Packers seem to have given up tons of yards receiving to running backs. I was waiting for Football Outsiders DVOA to come out today because they break down the yards given up to 1 WR, 2 WR, Other WR, TE, and RB.

Check it.

Defense DVOA (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef)

vs. #1 WR vs. #2 WR vs. Other WR vs. TE vs. RB
Rk Team DVOA Rk Pa/G Yd/G DVOA Rk Pa/G Yd/G DVOA Rk Pa/G Yd/G DVOA Rk Pa/G Yd/G DVOA Rk Pa/G Yd/G
26 GB -38.0% 2 13.0 96.5 -25.9% 7 9.7 29.2 56.7% 28 7.8 61.1 25.2% 22 8.2 54.5 57.1% 28 9.8 114.6

114.6 yards per game receiving to running backs. The numbers fall off quite a bit after the 1 & 2 receivers, actually, and they look pretty bad right now against TEs and 3+ WR also. But the thing that really jumps out is that they've given up 30 yards per game more than the next (New England) and 70 ypg more than the league average (44.1)

This *could* be a big problem as Forte is Cutler's favorite target in the receiving game and teams are making hay right now throwing to RBs against this front. I feel like they'll specifically game plan for Forte, though, and hopefully will be successful in blunting his impact.

Joemailman
09-20-2011, 04:29 PM
I thought the Packers pass rush against New Orleans was decent. I thought Brees did a great job, as usual, of getting rid of the ball quickly. Against Carolina, it wasn't as good, but it looked to me like they were concentrating on keeping Newton in the pocket. On one of the interceptions, it looked like Matthews could have had a chance at a sack with an inside move, but stayed outside and was still able to rush the throw a bit.

Freak Out
09-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Btw; Packers at Bears will be shown LIVE on danish TV-3 next sunday! As will a noon game, SNF & MNF.

Awesome.

Smidgeon
09-20-2011, 04:54 PM
One thing I've noticed lately: Packers seem to have given up tons of yards receiving to running backs. I was waiting for Football Outsiders DVOA to come out today because they break down the yards given up to 1 WR, 2 WR, Other WR, TE, and RB.

Check it.

Rk Team DVOA Rk Pa/G Yd/G DVOA Rk Pa/G Yd/G DVOA Rk Pa/G Yd/G DVOA Rk Pa/G Yd/G DVOA Rk Pa/G Yd/G
26 GB -38.0% 2 13.0 96.5 -25.9% 7 9.7 29.2 56.7% 28 7.8 61.1 25.2% 22 8.2 54.5 57.1% 28 9.8 114.6

114.6 yards per game receiving to running backs. The numbers fall off quite a bit after the 1 & 2 receivers, actually, and they look pretty bad right now against TEs and 3+ WR also. But the thing that really jumps out is that they've given up 30 yards per game more than the next (New England) and 70 ypg more than the league average (44.1)

This *could* be a big problem as Forte is Cutler's favorite target in the receiving game and teams are making hay right now throwing to RBs against this front. I feel like they'll specifically game plan for Forte, though, and hopefully will be successful in blunting his impact.

It could also just be a product of protecting the back end from a big play. Brees is notorious for throwing daggers deep, and Cam already showed a propensity to at least attempt to stretch the field. I don't know if that's the reason, but it's the one that came to mind when you first made that point.

Pugger
09-21-2011, 09:10 AM

You're lucky. Tampa is playing at the same time and because the NFL considers southwest FL in the Tampa and Miami broadcast area the Bucs game will most likely be aired here so my hubby and I will have to go back to the local Packer bar to catch the game again this week.

Pugger
09-21-2011, 09:13 AM

Check it.

And this has me concerned because Forte has been running wild so far this season.

Upnorth
09-21-2011, 10:03 AM

Check it.

So my previous statement was very very wrong. I don't remember running backs getting that many yards on us. Wow talk about selective memory.

Upnorth
09-21-2011, 10:06 AM
One other thing, are most of our sacks due to pass rush, or are they coverage sacks? It does not look like they are getting a good rush at first, but once the pocket moves they shake off the pass blocker. This pushes me towards thinking they are coverage sacks,

pbmax
09-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Sacks are also a matter of opportunity this early in the season. So the fact that they Panthers couldn't run and the fact that the Saints were far behind might make those sack numbers look inflated compared to the quality of the pass defense.

denverYooper
09-21-2011, 12:05 PM
One other thing, are most of our sacks due to pass rush, or are they coverage sacks? It does not look like they are getting a good rush at first, but once the pocket moves they shake off the pass blocker. This pushes me towards thinking they are coverage sacks,

Yea, it sure seemed that way vs. the Saints. Vs the Panthers, not as much. 1 out of 4 (red zone) looked like a coverage sack. Newton's mobility got him out of some sacks. But then again, maybe his mobility made him subject to more sacks.

Your post brings up a good point: our secondary looks better than most I've seen this year, even despite the Breesplosion.

Bossman641
09-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Earl Bennett is looking like he will be out Sunday

denverYooper
09-21-2011, 02:54 PM
So'oto, Pickett, and Tramon were limited. Woodson and Matthews were out.

hoosier
09-21-2011, 03:55 PM
What is with Matthews now?

Joemailman
09-21-2011, 04:02 PM
What is with Matthews now?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/130293293.html

reen Bay - CB Charles Woodson has a foot injury and LB Clay Matthews a thigh injury, coach Mike McCarthy said after practice Wednesday afternoon.

Neither practiced, but both are expected to play on Sunday against the Bears, McCarthy said. The two injuries are from the game against Carolina.

Woodson's is a recurrence of a foot injury he's dealt with before.

Matthews won't practice Thursday and possibly Friday. Woodson will be evaluated in the morning.

Returning to practice were CB Tramon Williams and LB Vic So'oto. Both were limited.

hoosier
09-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Matthews appears to be the kind of leg injuries. Hamstrings, stress fractures, thigh. Hopefully he skips the knee.

Jimx29
09-22-2011, 03:50 AM
It took 45 posts before any of this showed up here?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/numbnutz/297069_278232768873068_100000590427634_1059770_116 8709037_n.jpg

You're all slipping

gbgary
09-22-2011, 12:23 PM
hope we can avoid the obligatory handing of the ball to urlacher that ALWAYS seems to occur.

rbaloha1
09-22-2011, 12:38 PM
hope we can avoid the obligatory handing of the ball to urlacher that ALWAYS seems to occur.

Beast. Always a cat and mouse game with #54.

Iron Mike
09-22-2011, 01:22 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0KHX_C0x7bE/TToxGANNDZI/AAAAAAAAACU/2XlNMI3Y_4w/s1600/bears+suck.jpg

mraynrand
09-22-2011, 01:27 PM
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/typicalbearstroll1.jpg

mraynrand
09-22-2011, 01:27 PM
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/Bearsdownandout.jpg

mraynrand
09-22-2011, 01:28 PM
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/grossman1.jpg

mraynrand
09-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Think these guys will dress warmly for the game?

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/dabears.jpg

Iron Mike
09-22-2011, 01:29 PM
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/m/msN8iq-tVD5yBKkWlhhPpNQ/140.jpg

mraynrand
09-22-2011, 01:35 PM
I believe your Chicago Bears QB coach wants to have a word with the Packers pass rush....

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/BarneyTicecopy.jpg

Joemailman
09-22-2011, 04:14 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs024.snc4/33544_10100256004396950_1913871_60517206_237009_n. jpg

Freak Out
09-22-2011, 05:29 PM
LOL@ KGB wheeling and dealing.

denverYooper
09-23-2011, 12:27 PM
I normally have a sense of dread that the Packers will shit the bed against the Bears. Urlacher always seems to have a game changing turnover, our RT becoms a turnstile, their ST seems to keep them in the game with a return or blocked FG, our O keeps bogging down against their D, the Packers set records for penalty yardage, it's so cold in Soldier field that our nancy-ass receiving corps stands around the heater all day, or some combination of these things occur.

But not this game. For some reason, I have the feeling that the Packers will come out and administer a serious ass kicking. Having a running game will help. The Bears Cover 2 is the real reason they loaded up on TEs and we'll see it on Sunday.

40-14.

sheepshead
09-23-2011, 12:48 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/heymike0308/cutler.jpg

Freak Out
09-23-2011, 12:52 PM
I would love to see a thorough Packer beating of the Cubs....but the Howells always seem to get the team ready and work a good game plan up.

mraynrand
09-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Packer offense - discipline and patience - reduce errors - penalties, dropped passes, turnovers; patience - take what the defense gives, don't get greedy. Protect Rodgers

Defense - pass rush and spy/contain Forte. Don't forget that Gimp has a strong arm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d7CKwUHWBo&feature=related

Freak Out
09-23-2011, 04:47 PM
I fucking hate the local FOX affiliate....97 percent of the country gets the Packers/Bears...not me. Oh no....the fucking Seasquawks vs the Cardinals will be shown here. Cockbites.

Joemailman
09-23-2011, 05:01 PM
I fucking hate the local FOX affiliate....97 percent of the country gets the Packers/Bears...not me. Oh no....the fucking Seasquawks vs the Cardinals will be shown here. Cockbites.

None of these places close to you?

Alaska
1. Club Oasis 4801 Old Seward Highway Anchorage 99503 907-561-9157
2. Crossroads Lounge 1402 Gambel Anchorage 907-276-5613
3. Marlintini's Lounge 9121 Glacier Highway Juneau 99801 (907) 789-0799
4. Moose Creek Lodge, 3560 Old Richardson, North Pole 99705 (907)488-9378
5. Panhandle Bar 312 West 4th Ave. Anchorage 99501 907-277-9311
6. The Elmendorf Air Force Base NCO Club Anchorage (907) 753-5205
7. The Hilton Hotel 500 W. 3rd Ave. Anchorage (907) 272-7411
8. The Peanut Farm 5227 Old Seward HWY Anchorage (907) 563-3283
9. The Petroleum Club 3301 C. Street, Suite #120 Anchorage 99503 (907) 563-5090
10. The Whaler 171 Muldoon Road Anchorage 907-338-9466

Freak Out
09-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Sure....I'll walk over to Humpys though.

http://www.humpys.com/anc/

MJZiggy
09-23-2011, 05:06 PM

Oh quit whining. I get Iggles/Giants. And the only true Packer bar in town is closing its doors in two weeks.

Freak Out
09-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Have you seen the Seasquawks? :)

MJZiggy
09-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Have you seen the Seasquawks? :)

The only decent bar in town is closing in two weeks!!! You should fly out and we can go watch, then we can hit dogfish.

MadtownPacker
09-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Too bad. Sounds like you need to quit smoking your meth and start selling it so you can pay for Sunday ticket.

Shits playing locally down here, fox game of the week. Come down and get locced and watch it.

Guiness
09-24-2011, 12:58 AM
The only decent bar in town is closing in two weeks!!! You should fly out and we can go watch, then we can hit dogfish.

Dogfish. Wow, first beer you mention. You are indeed a woman after my own heart. I thought so, but now I'm sure.

mmmdk
09-24-2011, 07:29 AM
Great thread; I'm pumped up for sunday. :pack:

MJZiggy
09-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Dogfish. Wow, first beer you mention. You are indeed a woman after my own heart. I thought so, but now I'm sure.

Dogfish has an alehouse right near my house. Freak and I have been talking about going there for years.

Iron Mike
09-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Sure....I'll walk over to Humpys though.

http://www.humpys.com/anc/

We'll be happy to visit with you HERE sometime:

http://www.humpys.com/anc/about/humpys-in-hawaii

Looks like the old Kona Hard Rock Cafe.....

Iron Mike
09-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks, Lambeau Lampoon.....

WINDY SHITTY
If any of you feel like driving on the worst roads in America and having to pay tolls for the privilege, let me help you plan your weekend in Illinois. Allow for plenty of extra time because driving in Illinois is a fate worse than death. Construction is unavoidable, as are assholes. Anyone attempting to traverse the country in a motor vehicle comes to a screeching halt the moment he or she crosses the Illinois border. Why? Because Illinois ought to wiped from the face of the planet. It is a wretched shit-hole of pure awfulness. Cars do not move on Illinois highways. They remain in park for weeks on end. Should traffic clear for a moment and your car is able to pass 35 mph, you will be treated to spectacular Illinois views of power lines, landfills, assholes, and soy fields. No one can stand to live there, which is why everyone runs to Wisconsin on the weekends. Fuck these people with their shitty roads and ridiculous mustaches.

Their team lost the NFC championship game to the Packers, who went on to win the Super Bowl. No matter what they say, shove that back in their stupid, fucking faces. Urlacher sucks. Lovie's cover-2 sucks. Jay Cutler will be pissing in a bag before the end of September from all the abuse his poor excuse for an offensive line subjects him to. Devin Hester sucks. Virginia McCaskey sucks pole for $5 on the brown line El train.

FIBS like to tailgate and honk at visiting fans on game weekends. Slow way down. Swerve and do not let them pass. Cause delays. The FIBS are obviously in a rush to experience the panoramic views of landfills and power lines the Illinois horizon offers. Be sure to tell all the toll booth operators exactly how and where they can fuck themselves. Reminding them about the Packers victory in the NFC championship game is also a good idea.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FjAl0RT9AUg/TnkPC-KzbaI/AAAAAAAAAqQ/EVcJ6msE8h8/s400/SCAN0207.JPG

swede
09-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Chicago is surrounded by a concrete ring of hell that sucks money out of innocent motorists at the rate of thousands of dollars a minute 24 hours a day to feed the mob and corrupt politicians. It would be worth the radiation sickness to have the terrorists nuke Chicago first.

Pugger
09-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Every summer when we return to GB we don't bother going thru Chicago anymore. We go to Paducah, KY and then up thru Illinois to Rockford. It is a long day to spend in FIB land but those highways aren't too congested.

pbmax
09-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Every summer when we return to GB we don't bother going thru Chicago anymore. We go to Paducah, KY and then up thru Illinois to Rockford. It is a long day to spend in FIB land but those highways aren't too congested.

No need! They finally finished most construction on the Dan Ryan and 294. And it'll be a least a year until they start something huge again. Though Indiana is already tearing up their portion of the Skyway.

My last two trips around the Cape of Good Chicago weren't bad at all, actually.

Pugger
09-25-2011, 11:15 AM
That's good to hear, pb! It ain't fun spending that many hours in FIB land.

mraynrand
09-25-2011, 11:27 AM
No need! They finally finished most construction on the Dan Ryan and 294. And it'll be a least a year until they start something huge again. Though Indiana is already tearing up their portion of the Skyway.

My last two trips around the Cape of Good Chicago weren't bad at all, actually.

We go directly through every time we head back to WI. Usually it's not too bad, but we mostly avoid weekday rush hours.

How bad is the Skyway?

pbmax
09-25-2011, 11:40 AM
We go directly through every time we head back to WI. Usually it's not too bad, but we mostly avoid weekday rush hours.

How bad is the Skyway?

They are tearing it down to one lane in Indiana so its slow, but its also near Gary, so its not as busy as the Ryan.

More troubling was the report from a family member who traveled through earlier this year and saw signs of the Dan Ryan getting another makeover north of the previous work. Which is worse and more congested.

So my last two trips I took 294 and blew through like I was in Nebraska.

* All information is at least a month out of date. I get the newsletter with my iPass, but I can't seem to find the time to read it.

denverYooper
09-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Chicago is surrounded by a concrete ring of hell that sucks money out of innocent motorists at the rate of thousands of dollars a minute 24 hours a day to feed the mob and corrupt politicians. It would be worth the radiation sickness to have the terrorists nuke Chicago first.

I thought they sold most of that to Spain and Australia.

3irty1
09-25-2011, 11:04 PM
I look for Ryan Grant to get the majority of carries in this one. He's had a lot of success against the Bears in his career and excels at moving the chains without making mistakes.

Starting tomorrow I'm going to have a horoscopes thread.

Iron Mike
09-26-2011, 07:12 AM
And the whinefest about the officiating begins to the South.....

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/2799532.aspx

Joemailman
09-26-2011, 08:54 AM
And the whinefest about the officiating begins to the South.....

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/2799532.aspx

Now we know where all the deep thinkers post after the game. :lol:

ThunderDan
09-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Sad that Bearman and DaBadestBear don't show up any more even for Bear's week. I am pretty sure they would have been here had the Bears somehow managed to win yesterday.

pbmax
09-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Starting tomorrow I'm going to have a horoscopes thread.

Forget that, how about some lottery numbers?!

mraynrand
09-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Forget that, how about some lottery numbers?!

For $9.99/minute, I can give you some really HOT numbers. Call 1-877-543-6180

Partial
09-26-2011, 12:16 PM
So, if you wave for a fair catch but you're not the one catching the ball (but the defenders don't know that), the ball is dead, correct? It should be since the defenders are likely to stop pursuit at that point. That was quite the jacked up punt return by the Bears. Great idea but it seemed super cheap.

mraynrand
09-26-2011, 12:29 PM
So, if you wave for a fair catch but you're not the one catching the ball (but the defenders don't know that), the ball is dead, correct? It should be since the defenders are likely to stop pursuit at that point. That was quite the jacked up punt return by the Bears. Great idea but it seemed super cheap.

You are correct. However, in this case, Hester did not signal a fair catch. He only moved as though locating the ball in the air and preparing to catch it.