PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need ammo?

SkinBasket
09-19-2011, 12:17 PM
I got 736 rounds of .223 tulammo branded ammunition that apparently only fires well in AK platform rifles, which I don't have, which means the casings get stuck in the barrel breach, as they probably will in a majority of AR platform rifles, according to reviews.

$50 takes the lot if you meet me at nutz's house, where I'll be staying unbeknownst to him, Oct 7th or 8th or at Silk exotic.

Deputy Nutz
09-19-2011, 12:21 PM
If you bring my tv you can stay.

SkinBasket
09-19-2011, 12:22 PM
I would love to make an ammunition sale in the parking lot of silk.

Freak Out
09-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Cheap stuff....but junk. I thought you had an AK?

Scott Campbell
09-19-2011, 05:30 PM
I got 736 rounds of .223 tulammo branded ammunition that apparently only fires well in AK platform rifles, which I don't have, which means the casings get stuck in the barrel breach, as they probably will in a majority of AR platform rifles, according to reviews.

$50 takes the lot if you meet me at nutz's house, where I'll be staying unbeknownst to him, Oct 7th or 8th or at Silk exotic.

Can you bring Harlan so we can take them for a test drive?

SkinBasket
09-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Cheap stuff....but junk. I thought you had an AK?

I've got a Sig556, which is closer to the AR systems, and shares the problems it has with with this ammo. Had to knock two empty casings out of the barrel with a cleaning rod after the extractor sheered the lip off. It was cheap as shit, something like 15 cents a round shipped, but turning my rifle into a modern day version of a barrel loading musket isn't ideal.

Freak Out
09-19-2011, 05:55 PM
I've got a Sig556, which is closer to the AR systems, and shares the problems it has with with this ammo. Had to knock two empty casings out of the barrel with a cleaning rod after the extractor sheered the lip off. It was cheap as shit, something like 15 cents a round shipped, but turning my rifle into a modern day version of a barrel loading musket isn't ideal.

lacquer coated steel is nasty and would ruin that fine weapon of yours....just stick with brass. I think Federal makes an inexpensive round that should work for your Kentucky "hunting" needs.

SkinBasket
09-19-2011, 06:43 PM
lacquer coated steel is nasty and would ruin that fine weapon of yours....just stick with brass. I think Federal makes an inexpensive round that should work for your Kentucky "hunting" needs.

I'm not big on hating on steel cased ammo. It's still softer than anything on the weapon, so it can't hurt it, and Wolf ammo runs without fail through the rifle, which is what I'll be sticking with for my range needs from now on. This was just bad ammo. Cabela's distributed it as Herter's, who have made a reliable name in steel cased ammo of all sorts. But you open the Herter's box, and it's tulammo inside. Which is why Cabela's refunded me, but I still can't use the ammo.