PDA

View Full Version : Respect for Rodgers

3irty1
09-19-2011, 03:10 PM
So I thought it was worth bringing up the effect Rodgers is having for us while just being on the field. I couldn't believe that Carolina declined a 10 yard penalty because they would rather give us 3rd and 7 instead of 2nd and 17. That's the football equivalent of pitching around a guy with nobody on base. Agree with Carolina's decision or not, there is no denying that MM and Rodgers have NFL defensive coordinators shitting their pants. Is the Packers offense that scary?

I can't help but wonder if hitting Rodgers in the head and taking the fine and 15 yards warrants some premeditated consideration from opposing players.

mraynrand
09-19-2011, 03:27 PM
I can't help but wonder if hitting Rodgers in the head and taking the fine and 15 yards warrants some premeditated consideration from opposing players.

I'm sure somebody would consider that:

http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/history/gregg_forrest_coach.jpg
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago-pain/assets_c/2010/09/charles%20martin-thumb-572xauto-230576.jpg

MadScientist
09-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Except that shit comes with fines, suspensions and a shortened life expectancy for your own QB. When your QB is Randy Wright, who gives a shit if he gets killed?

Pugger
09-19-2011, 06:57 PM
So I thought it was worth bringing up the effect Rodgers is having for us while just being on the field. I couldn't believe that Carolina declined a 10 yard penalty because they would rather give us 3rd and 7 instead of 2nd and 17. That's the football equivalent of pitching around a guy with nobody on base. Agree with Carolina's decision or not, there is no denying that MM and Rodgers have NFL defensive coordinators shitting their pants. Is the Packers offense that scary?

That decision by Carolina to not make it 3rd and 17 was one of the dumber things I've seen football coaches make.