PDA

View Full Version : The Official Steve Jobs is Dog Thread

Freak Out
09-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Ok...enough is enough. Lets fight about Apple and Tech in here.

Now fuck off.

Freak Out
09-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Upgrade Ram (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1270)

Upgrade Hard Drive (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3419)

Thanks....I downloaded the user guide for the 15 pro. Interesting that it says 8 gigs is the maximum amount of memory. WTF Partial? :)

Freak Out
09-21-2011, 06:04 PM
How much are people willing to pay for an iPhone? Lives? Long term health problems? Major environmental impacts? Of course this applies to many of the suppliers in China but most consumers don't factor these issues into a purchase. Fuckers.

Partial
09-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Agreed. Apple is transitioning away from Foxconn to Pegratron and other providers because of those basic human rights issues. Then again, some the tea partiers here probably don't have a problem with workers not having any rights! It's disgusting when the solution to employees committing suicide is nets, not actually addressing the workplace issue.

Years ago, Apple came out with the notion of a magnetic power cable. Without a magnetic cable, a charging toddler/person/dog/whatever could easily A) damage the expensive electronics port or B) pull the machines right off the desk.

Why are all cables not magnetic yet? The Magsafe power adapter is one of those brain dead ideas that once you use a few times, you can't ever imagine going back. Why is USB NOT this way? Why are not all cables like this? It makes way too much sense.

mraynrand
09-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Then again, some the tea partiers here probably don't have a problem with workers not having any rights!

Yes, that's what the tea party is all about - taking away all personal freedoms and rights. Stick to the iPhones.

Little Whiskey
09-22-2011, 09:49 AM
FYI Forum get ready for you newest moved thread.

mraynrand
09-22-2011, 10:09 AM
FYI Forum get ready for you newest moved thread.

Hopefully Partial can show some discipline and - if he wants to talk tea party - he can go to FYI.

Freak Out
09-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Agreed. Apple is transitioning away from Foxconn to Pegratron and other providers because of those basic human rights issues. Then again, some the tea partiers here probably don't have a problem with workers not having any rights! It's disgusting when the solution to employees committing suicide is nets, not actually addressing the workplace issue.

Years ago, Apple came out with the notion of a magnetic power cable. Without a magnetic cable, a charging toddler/person/dog/whatever could easily A) damage the expensive electronics port or B) pull the machines right off the desk.

Why are all cables not magnetic yet? The Magsafe power adapter is one of those brain dead ideas that once you use a few times, you can't ever imagine going back. Why is USB NOT this way? Why are not all cables like this? It makes way too much sense.

First of all I this is about the consumers truly holding the producer (Apple) accountable for their business practices, whether it's the contractors they hire to manufacture/assemble the products they sell or the company corporate philosophy. The bottom line is the majority of consumers or shareholders does not care. This is not political it's pure business. They buy the products Apple designs and sells in astounding numbers and the company stock is the darling of wall street. I know many extremely liberal thinkers who own a pile of Apple products, and when I bring up all the issues with the manufacture of the devices they use they all have blank stares. Yep...it's bad....but I'm still using it. Greed overrides all here....would anyone pay for a better manufacturing process? We know Apple won't when it affects the company profits and stock value....so it's up to the consumer again. How much will someone pay for the iPhone?
It's not just Apple though...there are many big names that have the same philosophy. Whether it's having a shirt made or a computer.

I love the idea of the magsafe adapter. I could be wrong but the reason it's not in widespread use is because of Apple patents. They patented that great idea and I can understand why they would want to keep it theirs alone for as long as possible. Apple engineers and designers have done an amazing job recently....the bar for all other devices is set very high in the markets they compete in.

Zool
09-22-2011, 12:32 PM
I've had really terrible luck with Foxconn boards in the past. I stick with ASUS almost exclusively now. Thats why I bought an ASUS laptop.

Freak Out
09-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Foxconn supplies boards for a load of folks...or at least they used to....but I have never used them. Always Asus or Gigabyte.

Partial
09-22-2011, 04:03 PM
I've had really terrible luck with Foxconn boards in the past. I stick with ASUS almost exclusively now. Thats why I bought an ASUS laptop.

What boards do they make? I've only used Asus and ABit.

Zool
09-22-2011, 04:07 PM
What boards do they make? I've only used Asus and ABit.

I've actually had 2 branded Foxconn boards. It was in the P3 slot processor era. Both had FSB problems within weeks. Returned the second and paid $30 more for the Asus. Never looked back.

I have used 2 Gigabyte boards and they are rock solid as well.

MJZiggy
09-22-2011, 05:56 PM
First of all I this is about the consumers truly holding the producer (Apple) accountable for their business practices, whether it's the contractors they hire to manufacture/assemble the products they sell or the company corporate philosophy. The bottom line is the majority of consumers or shareholders does not care. This is not political it's pure business. They buy the products Apple designs and sells in astounding numbers and the company stock is the darling of wall street. I know many extremely liberal thinkers who own a pile of Apple products, and when I bring up all the issues with the manufacture of the devices they use they all have blank stares. Yep...it's bad....but I'm still using it. Greed overrides all here....would anyone pay for a better manufacturing process? We know Apple won't when it affects the company profits and stock value....so it's up to the consumer again. How much will someone pay for the iPhone?
It's not just Apple though...there are many big names that have the same philosophy. Whether it's having a shirt made or a computer.

I love the idea of the magsafe adapter. I could be wrong but the reason it's not in widespread use is because of Apple patents. They patented that great idea and I can understand why they would want to keep it theirs alone for as long as possible. Apple engineers and designers have done an amazing job recently....the bar for all other devices is set very high in the markets they compete in.

Nike went through hell with this and they're going through it again now that they've bought Converse. Most don't care, but the ones who do can be very vocal...

Little Whiskey
09-22-2011, 06:44 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Slavery-Becomes-a-Personal-nytimes-3128497430.html?x=0&.v=1

thought this was interesting.