PDA

View Full Version : What did you learn from the Bears game?

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2011, 01:26 PM
I finally figured out that Clay MAthews is really good and totally indispensible. I know, I'm a little slow on the uptake, but it really hit me yesterday. He is so quick, powerful, able to change direction on a dime. They don't have another pass rusher.

Peprah played OK, but he is a slight liability. I am not surprised at Burnett, he helps fill the giant Nick Collins hole.

Newhouse is starter quality.

The Bears still suck. (just a little red meat for the boys)

Joemailman
09-26-2011, 01:29 PM
I learned Jermichael Finley is good.

I learned Jay Cutler overthrows receivers.

mmmdk
09-26-2011, 01:37 PM
I learned that Bears in red still suck. :lol:

Guiness
09-26-2011, 01:39 PM
I learned that there's always another trick play that will work.

That fake punt reception was something else. Don't think I've ever seen anything like that.

pbmax
09-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Its always a bad sign when your special teams are the best unit on your team.

hoosier
09-26-2011, 02:38 PM
In Chicago when they say "We need to return to a balanced offense" they mean the running game is going to have to get even worse if it is going to resemble what passes for a passing game there.

pack4to84
09-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Soldier Field sucks
"A foreign object sticking out the 18-yard line near the south end zone temporarily delayed play at Sunday's game between the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers. Officials called it a "dangerous situation." It appeared to be a thin, sharp, metal spike:"

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/be/bec926fba2cdc5091ea8adeaee925941/bears_game_delayed_briefly_because_of_dangerous_si tuation_on_field.jpg

Fritz
09-26-2011, 03:53 PM
I learned that the Packers' pass rush still needs work.

I learned that Marshall Newhouse is a serviceable player, at the least.

I learned that Ryan Grant may not lose all his carries to J. Starks this season after all.

I learned that my girlfriend knows nothing at all about football.

I learned that while VaJayJay Cutler throws some pretty passes, he overshoots his mark a lot, too.

I learned that Tramon's shoulder is still bugging him.

Packgator
09-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Soldier Field sucks
"A foreign object sticking out the 18-yard line near the south end zone temporarily delayed play at Sunday's game between the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers. Officials called it a "dangerous situation." It appeared to be a thin, sharp, metal spike:"

It looked like some sort of grotesque punji stake booby trap from the Vietnam War. The league should test the tip for human excrement....which is how the Viet Cong used to "decorate" them.

red
09-26-2011, 04:49 PM
our pass rush is in massive trouble, unless we send the house or have great coverage down the field, we won't even come close to the qb

finley is a god

grant=starks= which is good for us. when one sucks the other seems to play better

i still don't like jarrett bush

i'm still not convinced M3 is ever the smartest coach on the field even though we did win a super bowl with him and have one 10000 games under him

always drafting BPA does leave some holes

burnett will be a good one, a really good one, lets hope collins injury isn't career ending. those two together make a great tandem

we suck at covering the middle of the field

we can completely shut down the run when we feel like it

i'm still not sold on JJ

our other 4 wr's are really good

tramon does not seem to be playing at the same level as he did last year

newhouse is a solid player and will be an ok starter if baluga misses time

baluga is the key to our offense. after he went out our game plan completely changed to a more pussified attack

we still lack discipline, way too many dumb penalties

urlacher is a totally different player against us. honestly has he ever had a game against us without a pick, fumble recovery or td?

cutler is not elite. he can do a lot of elite things, but he can also do a lot of bad things. way more so than favre

martz know how to design a bomb, but nothing else

the turf at solders field is still a joke, install field turf for the love of god

mike carey still hates us

heads should roll for leaving a fucking metal spike in the middle of the field

hmm, i know i'm missing something

swede
09-26-2011, 04:54 PM
our pass rush is in massive trouble, unless we send the house or have great coverage down the field, we won't even come close to the qb

No worriies. That was deliberate. We do much better when we let Cutler throw.

The turf at solders field is still a joke, install field turf for the love of god. The ironworkers union already won the bid.

Scott Campbell
09-26-2011, 05:24 PM
I learned Jay Cutler overthrows receivers.

He made some beautiful throws to Morgan Burnett.

Joemailman
09-26-2011, 05:26 PM
our pass rush is in massive trouble, unless we send the house or have great coverage down the field, we won't even come close to the qb Zombo, Neal and So'oto will help eventually.

finley is a god He's good, not a god

grant=starks= which is good for us. when one sucks the other seems to play better Jury is still out on this one.

i still don't like jarrett bush You don't hate him? That's progress.

i'm still not convinced M3 is ever the smartest coach on the field even though we did win a super bowl with him and have one 10000 games under him How many Super Bowls would it take?

always drafting BPA does leave some holes Yes, but fewer than if you reach for immediate needs.

burnett will be a good one, a really good one, lets hope collins injury isn't career ending. those two together make a great tandem Yep.

we suck at covering the middle of the field Peprah needs to play better.

we can completely shut down the run when we feel like it Yep.

i'm still not sold on JJ I'm not sure he'll be here next year.

our other 4 wr's are really good Driver might be really average at this point.

tramon does not seem to be playing at the same level as he did last year With the exception of Burnett, I'm not sure anyone in the secondary is yet.

newhouse is a solid player and will be an ok starter if baluga misses time Yep.

baluga is the key to our offense. after he went out our game plan completely changed to a more pussified attack Bulaga went out midway in the 1st quarter. I didn't see much change until the 4th quarter.

we still lack discipline, way too many dumb penalties Something about Soldier Field.

urlacher is a totally different player against us. honestly has he ever had a game against us without a pick, fumble recovery or td? Not lately.

cutler is not elite. he can do a lot of elite things, but he can also do a lot of bad things. way more so than favre Yep.

martz know how to design a bomb, but nothing else Not sure he has enough to work with. Seems like an odd fit in Chicago though.

the turf at solders field is still a joke, install field turf for the love of god Nah. It's too much fun for us to make fun of it.

mike carey still hates us I don't see that.

heads should roll for leaving a fucking metal spike in the middle of the field The NFL needs to take over that field.

hmm, i know i'm missing something Slocum?

Pugger
09-26-2011, 05:35 PM
That horrid field in Chicago is a disgrace. Somebody is gonna get seriously hurt on that crap.

MJZiggy
09-26-2011, 05:37 PM
I learned that my girlfriend knows nothing at all about football.

She teachable? Otherwise you know you gotta dump her.

Freak Out
09-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Has the NFL said what the fucking spike was all about? That thing looked nasty...part of the sprinkler system perhaps? Un-exploded land mine?

Joemailman
09-26-2011, 06:03 PM

Everytime Fritz yelled "Touchdown", she said "Are you sure?"

Bossman641
09-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Stories of Grant's demise were premature

Based on the James Jones treatment, Driver is finished and should be cut and replaced by a PS player

Peprah needs to step up, he was a step slow

For whatever reason, the secondary is still having mental breakdowns they did not have last year

MJZiggy
09-26-2011, 06:33 PM

If he had to yell touchdown, then she needs help.

pittstang5
09-26-2011, 06:55 PM

finley is a god

grant=starks= which is good for us. when one sucks the other seems to play better

i still don't like jarrett bush

i'm still not convinced M3 is ever the smartest coach on the field even though we did win a super bowl with him and have one 10000 games under him

burnett will be a good one, a really good one, lets hope collins injury isn't career ending. those two together make a great tandem

we suck at covering the middle of the field

we can completely shut down the run when we feel like it

i'm still not sold on JJ

our other 4 wr's are really good

tramon does not seem to be playing at the same level as he did last year

newhouse is a solid player and will be an ok starter if baluga misses time

baluga is the key to our offense. after he went out our game plan completely changed to a more pussified attack

we still lack discipline, way too many dumb penalties

urlacher is a totally different player against us. honestly has he ever had a game against us without a pick, fumble recovery or td?

cutler is not elite. he can do a lot of elite things, but he can also do a lot of bad things. way more so than favre

martz know how to design a bomb, but nothing else

the turf at solders field is still a joke, install field turf for the love of god

mike carey still hates us

heads should roll for leaving a fucking metal spike in the middle of the field

hmm, i know i'm missing something

Red, it's like your in my head or something.

Fritz
09-26-2011, 07:07 PM

She is. And better yet, she was very patient as I gnashed my teeth and yelled at the TV. I did inform her that watching the Packers is a, uh, very high priority in my life.

Upnorth
09-26-2011, 07:36 PM
I learnt that we are a special teams screwup from messing up a game (Fire Slocum) and that Carolina was a trap game. Lets hope they dont get caught l,ooking ahead again.

hoosier
09-26-2011, 07:41 PM

If he had to yell touchdown, then she needs help.

I think the Mailman's humor was lost on everyone. That's too bad, cuz it was really quite funny. :lol:

pbmax
09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
She is. And better yet, she was very patient as I gnashed my teeth and yelled at the TV. I did inform her that watching the Packers is a, uh, very high priority in my life.

But have you told her about us? :hug:

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure about mailman's weird sexual inuendo there, maybe skinbasket can explain.

I do argue with Mailman for saying Finley is "good" rather than "god". Finley looked like a man playing with boys out there. that didn't come out right, but you get my point.

MJZiggy
09-26-2011, 08:04 PM
I think the Mailman's humor was lost on everyone. That's too bad, cuz it was really quite funny. :lol:

No, but for a change I took the high road. There is definitely wrong with me.

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2011, 08:23 PM
No, but for a change I took the high road. . I honestly don't get the joke. "Touchdown!" "Are you sure?"

maybe you can whisper the explanation in my ear

mmmdk
09-26-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure about mailman's weird sexual inuendo there, maybe skinbasket can explain.

I do argue with Mailman for saying Finley is "good" rather than "god". Finley looked like a man playing with boys out there. that didn't come out right, but you get my point.

That you're a [yet another] catholic pervert? :wink:

denverYooper
09-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Finley is pretty awesome but I am starting to think he may have the best quarterback in the league throwing to him. Rodgers has stepped up his game yet again (and has a running game, Finley, and a pretty good looking line to boot) and he's killing it out there.

bobblehead
09-26-2011, 08:42 PM

Not drafting the BPA leaves bigger holes down the line.

mmmdk
09-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Finley is pretty awesome but I am starting to think he may have the best quarterback in the league throwing to him. Rodgers has stepped up his game yet again (and has a running game, Finley, and a pretty good looking line to boot) and he's killing it out there.

AR is such a Ninja QB; throwing Shurikens into the hands of receivers. No wonder they stick!

CaliforniaCheez
09-27-2011, 11:10 AM
If the Bears can beat the Falcons by a large margin; then life should be good until the bye week rest.

Morgan Burnett is still inexperienced.

Winning the game glosses over a lot of problems.

Fritz
09-27-2011, 11:55 AM
I dunno. I don't see much glossing going on anwhere.

rbaloha1
09-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Learned the Packers are not going 16-0 and the Bears shall not make the playoffs.

pack4to84
09-27-2011, 12:15 PM
The right call was made on the field by ref for holding on the now famous punt return that wasn't.

http://i.imgur.com/P6qbq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/78Rv1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/To5yl.jpg