PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers Continues to Steam Roll Opponents and his own Team.

Deputy Nutz
09-29-2011, 03:18 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/130753208.html

Speaking out: Rodgers continues to speak openly about a couple of mistakes tight end Jermichael Finley made during this three-touchdown performance against the Chicago Bears on Sunday.

Rodgers remarked after the game that Finley had made a couple of mental errors and when asked about it Wednesday did not back off his comments.

"I think I hold everybody to the same standard," Rodgers said Wednesday. "I hold myself to a high standard. I think the mental mistakes are the ones that I believe can be cured through preparation.

"And as gifted and talented as that boy is - and he's an incredibly talented man, the big fella - I think he needs to tighten it up a little bit with some of the mental mistakes."

Rodgers didn't detail what the mistakes were, and they definitely weren't apparent to those not privy to the Packers' plays. Whatever the case, there weren't that many, and they didn't hurt Finley's production.

"A mental mistake by him can easily turn into a touchdown, which it did during the game," Rodgers said. "So you have to kind of understand, you're dealing with an extremely gifted player. So we're talking about one or two plays.

"But I think he can be great, and I wouldn't be saying that if I didn't believe he could be one of the greatest tight ends to ever line it up."
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Rodgers shouldn't be saying it to the press regardless. Finley is the Packers number one priority to resign and Rodgers is tossing him under the bus. I don't think Rodgers likes to share the spot light with anyone else.

RashanGary
09-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Aaron Rodgers rapport with Finley

AR is in the elite group of Packers who prepare at the highest level
AR is in the elite group of Packers who's most accountable on the field and in the offseason
AR is in the elite group of Packers as far as being simply a great player
AR is a friend

With all of that in mind, I think he has enough rapport to do something like this.

In the past, the QB wasn't in the elite group who prepare (especially in the offseason.) He wasn't one of the most accountable players on the field working in the offense, he was a great player and wasn't a friend. That type of guy doesn't have the right. AR is walking a thin line, but it's not quite inappropriate IMO. We'll have to see how Finley reacts. It will say something about whether or not Finley has that kind of relationship with AR.

pbmax
09-29-2011, 03:39 PM
You can see where his self editor caught up with him mid sentence and said you should have gone with 'kid' rather than 'boy'. Time to compensate.

I think Rodgers has shown he has an understanding of leadership. He clearly won over his young teammates in his first three years. He took over starting in a very precarious position and managed it very well even among veteran teammates. So I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this topic.

I much prefer things like this to be handled behind closed doors. That said, there is a tremendous media surge to annoint Finley as the second coming of Kellen Winslow, Sr. Pair that with an overabundance of WR talent, and some tempering of expectations might be necessary in public to keep the peace. Should it be the coach's job? Ideally, but coaches have had trouble with this situation before and it might take the QB to sort it out player by player.

Someone has to stand up as the public leader on the offense and the QB is a natural fit. Finley I thought has handled himself well so far this season, but Rodgers might think its time to focus on where they are right now.

As for the spotlight, he won a Super Bowl without Finley. He can have all the spotlight he wishes to. There are a lot of Ford dealers around.

swede
09-29-2011, 03:53 PM
You can see where his self editor caught up with him mid sentence and said you should have gone with 'kid' rather than 'boy'. Time to compensate.

Howard Cosell could have used that self-monitoring system to find a word other than "monkey" to describe an elusive African-American runner one Monday night in the dark past. I cannot remember who he thought the "monkey" was,* but I do remember the player in question could sure run. Howard deflected the criticism by assuring everyone he referred to his grandchildren as "monkeys", and given Howard's physiognomy, his description of the offspring's offspring may well have been apt.

As far as Rodgers and Finley...meh. Writers got to write stuff. If they get lucky, they get to write new stuff about the other stuff they wrote, as in: "Finley says he's 'not worried' about Rodgers racial epithets and lack of respect!" (Complete story page 2)

*I checked. It wasn't hard to find. Did you remember it was 1983? Did you remember it was the Redskins? DId you remember it was Alvin Garrett?

pbmax
09-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Howard Cosell could have used that self-monitoring system to find a word other than "monkey" to describe an elusive African-American runner one Monday night in the dark past. I cannot remember who he thought the "monkey" was,* but I do remember the player in question could sure run. Howard deflected the criticism by assuring everyone he referred to his grandchildren as "monkeys", and given Howard's physiognomy, his description of the offspring's offspring may well have been apt.

As far as Rodgers and Finley...meh. Writers got to write stuff. If they get lucky, they get to write new stuff about the other stuff they wrote, as in: "Finley says he's 'not worried' about Rodgers racial epithets and lack of respect!" (Complete story page 2)

*I checked. It wasn't hard to find. Did you remember it was 1983? Did you remember it was the Redskins? DId you remember it was Alvin Garrett?

I remembered Alvin but then became cofused about Alvin Roberston also playing running back. Other names under consideration: Joe Washinton, who I always think of first and then remember its not the correct answer.

Old School
09-29-2011, 05:10 PM
So Finley is so good; he's now above criticism. Say what you want about AR mentioning a Finley lapse in public, but who is the team leader? Maybe he's trying to motivate Finley to be all he's capable of. Let's not forget how many times he praised Finley and his ability - in public.

Go back and read the article about Finley's rehab and take note of the personal issues he worked on. More than one Packer player has said that AR chews out people in practice for 'PRACTICING" less than perfect. Fans at practice have heard it.

Rodgers believes that preparation and practice determine how you play on Sunday. And nobody studies and prepares more than he does. Nothing wrong with expecting 100% from everybody. While he waited for a diva to wear out his welcome, he wasn't sitting on the bench scratching his behind. He was preparing for greatness. The Packers can be darn glad they have him.

MJZiggy
09-29-2011, 05:26 PM
How many times do we whine because players don't say anything original in interviews and just repeat the company line? He said what was on his mind and said it honestly. If Finley has a rebuttal, I'm SURE we'll hear about that. Rodgers very rarely says things like this to the press. And he's not blaming Finley for his own mistakes, he's holding him accountable. So now instead of whining because the players say nothing, we're going to whine because they say something? Geez.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Good put him in his place.

mraynrand
09-29-2011, 05:43 PM
You can see from game film that Finley has lined up incorrectly, that he's had Rodgers tel him where to line up and that in the NO game he totally missed a blocking assignment that led to a sack. And that's just the stuff I recall off the top of my head. Imagine what the coaches are seeing.

Rodgers is complimenting Finley and admonishing him at the same time. It's a good leadership technique. The public aspect of it? Who knows - maybe it's because Finley doesn't listen in private. Some players respond well to a little public calling out. Others throw temper tantrums and do sit-ups during interviews with the press.

http://howigit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/terrell_owens-2-sit-ups-heykobe1.jpg

bobblehead
09-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Finley works pretty hard. Finley didn't have a problem with it. I don't have a problem with it. ARod also pointed out that his best play in the NFCC last year was tackling Urlicker so I think he holds himself accountable too.

mission
09-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Rodgers with the classic build-break-build. Can't perform as a top leader without this basic principle.

Finley's response:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/130808448.html

“He’s the quarterback. What he said was maybe one or two plays. … That’s his job. He’s the quarterback of this team and if he sees something, it’s his job to express it.”

“I can improve upon it, but I think I play my game, play fast and go for the ball when it is in the air. Every day, you can get better. You never want to come to work and say, ‘I’ve got this made’ and relax because there’s a guy behind you that’s shooting for you. I would never get comfortable. That’s one thing you never have to worry about me.”

mraynrand
09-29-2011, 08:33 PM
That's about as perfect a response as you can get from Finley right there. No Press sit-ups in his future.

vince
09-29-2011, 08:41 PM
So Finley is so good; he's now above criticism. Say what you want about AR mentioning a Finley lapse in public, but who is the team leader? Maybe he's trying to motivate Finley to be all he's capable of. Let's not forget how many times he praised Finley and his ability - in public.

Go back and read the article about Finley's rehab and take note of the personal issues he worked on. More than one Packer player has said that AR chews out people in practice for 'PRACTICING" less than perfect. Fans at practice have heard it.

Rodgers believes that preparation and practice determine how you play on Sunday. And nobody studies and prepares more than he does. Nothing wrong with expecting 100% from everybody. While he waited for a diva to wear out his welcome, he wasn't sitting on the bench scratching his behind. He was preparing for greatness. The Packers can be darn glad they have him.
Well said Old School. Rodgers knows this team and is embracing a strong leadership role by having the confidence to say what he needs to to expect and get greatness from a guy who has no ceiling.

Joemailman
09-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Finley seems to be growing up. Having his team win a Super Bowl without him may have been the best thing that could have happened to him.

vince
09-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Rodgers shouldn't be saying it to the press regardless. Finley is the Packers number one priority to resign and Rodgers is tossing him under the bus. I don't think Rodgers likes to share the spot light with anyone else.
www.FavreRats.com

RashanGary
09-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Finley seems to be growing up. Having his team win a Super Bowl without him may have been the best thing that could have happened to him.

Yup. It's hard to think you're above the team when the team achieved the highest goal without you. A few Packers have found that out the hard way. Finley gets to find it out when he's 24 and has a great career ahead of him.

And Finley likes to work through the media. It works both ways.

All that said, Finley is one of the special talents in the NFL. Some guys have a natural feel for space. When the ball is up, they can judge it and go get it. They have a sense where they are in relation to the ground, the ball and everything else going on around them. . . . It gets better with practice, but I think a good deal of that is born. Finley happens to have that special sense of what it is to be connected to the earth and the way things work. On top of that, he's a dominant athlete. There are not very many Jermichael Finley's in the NFL.

The Packers know what they have there. They want the best of Finley and Finley wants it too. I think he likes the challenge, honestly. He has that edge.

Joemailman
09-29-2011, 09:06 PM
"A mental mistake by him can easily turn into a touchdown, which it did during the game," Rodgers said. "So you have to kind of understand, you're dealing with an extremely gifted player. So we're talking about one or two plays.

"But I think he can be great, and I wouldn't be saying that if I didn't believe he could be one of the greatest tight ends to ever line it up."

This is throwing a guy under the bus? Sounds more like trying to get the best out of a guy. Now some will argue that this is the job of the coaches, not the QB. If MM had said this, I doubt it would be an issue. My guess is that MM doesn't have a problem with Rodgers doing it. If he does have a problem with it, you won't hear it again.

Brandon494
09-29-2011, 09:24 PM
www.FavreRats.com

this!

gbgary
09-29-2011, 10:42 PM
this is the first i've heard of this. my knee-jerk here is i wish AR wouldn't share this with the press. keep it in the room and in the huddle. i can't think of one positive aspect here.

pbmax
09-29-2011, 10:44 PM
this is the first i've heard of this. my knee-jerk here is i wish AR wouldn't share this with the press. keep it in the room and in the huddle. i can't think of one positive aspect here.

This is actually a replay of remarks he made after Sunday's game, a replay after he was asked about them again Wednesday. So there is nothing really new here, just a repeat.

Deputy Nutz
09-30-2011, 07:39 AM
I get it, Rodgers is now on level with Coach McCarthy and can compliment or critique who ever he wants to because he is elite. There was no reason for his poking of Finley. Finley knew that he screwed up Rodgers showed him on the field. News Flash to all players make mistakes. Nobody said shit to Rodgers when he got careless and forced a throw in to Finley that got picked. Nobody commented to the press that Rodgres had a sloppy foot work on the throw.

Rodgers is a great QB, no doubt about that, but all players make mistakes and they don't need to be called out by their own teamates.

Finley handled it the only way he could have or should have. Rodgers is the new "Golden Boy" in town and to say anything that opposes "Golden" then you will be strung up by the media and especially the fan base.

Deputy Nutz
09-30-2011, 07:42 AM
this!

You're gay, and not like the commercial starring Hillary Duff, you really are gay in the sense that you wear a skirt as a top.

MadtownPacker
09-30-2011, 08:16 AM
At first glance this could be seen negative but I think we have to base our judgement on the person. Finley is very public about everything and loves showboating. I think ARod is just reaching out to Finley in a way he feels would get maximum results. I think it was played correctly.

As for the boy comment, I would like to hear the audio. Betting he says more how a rapper say "them boys are crazy" versus how all you crackas here say "that BOY is crazy". You fucking rednecks.

MadtownPacker
09-30-2011, 08:21 AM
You're gay, and not like the commercial starring Hillary Duff, you really are gay in the sense that you wear a skirt as a top.

I thought he was more of the 80s bikershorts type of boy.
http://s3-media1.px.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/t-axLpvcuZgy7KZISkrIIw/l.jpg

RashanGary
09-30-2011, 08:37 AM
If we take each sentence as a stand alone sentence, the boy thing sounds a little insulting. But when you put it all together and you use the context that he was asked about Finley, I think you get something like this. . . .

"Yeah, Finley is an amazing talent and he had an amazing game. The thing is, he's not playing up to his potential. In his football career he's just a kid. He's barely scratched the surface. He has to clean up some of the mental errors and he can be one of the greatest TE's to ever suit up."

I don't think Finley minds a challenge and I don't think he minds the public forum either. He has nothing to hide about his game. If it's not perfect, he'll make it better. He knows he's young and he also knows Aaron gets him the fuckin ball. That's the ultimate respect. Look at James Jones. Now that's a problem. He never said a word about James, but actions speak louder. Finley has plenty of respect from AR and both of them know it. That's why this play works.

Now do it to James Jones and "uh oh."

Zool
09-30-2011, 09:18 AM
I get it, Rodgers is now on level with Coach McCarthy and can compliment or critique who ever he wants to because he is elite. There was no reason for his poking of Finley. Finley knew that he screwed up Rodgers showed him on the field. News Flash to all players make mistakes. Nobody said shit to Rodgers when he got careless and forced a throw in to Finley that got picked. Nobody commented to the press that Rodgres had a sloppy foot work on the throw.

Rodgers is a great QB, no doubt about that, but all players make mistakes and they don't need to be called out by their own teamates.

Finley handled it the only way he could have or should have. Rodgers is the new "Golden Boy" in town and to say anything that opposes "Golden" then you will be strung up by the media and especially the fan base.

Holy fuck don't say anything bad about anyone. Everyone gets a participation ribbon for playing the game. Everyone is a winner. Ya Finely. You did 3 good things and 7 things wrong but that's ok. You're a sensitive artist who can't take any criticism.

Fuck all the hand holding. Rodgers called out Cobb in week one for screwing up his route on the TD play but I didn't hear all this fucking whining about that. If the bitch can't take some criticism he might want to find a new line of work.

mraynrand
09-30-2011, 09:50 AM
This is getting out-of-control serious! Get on the red phone! Bring back Ari Fleischer!!

Deputy Nutz
09-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Holy fuck don't say anything bad about anyone. Everyone gets a participation ribbon for playing the game. Everyone is a winner. Ya Finely. You did 3 good things and 7 things wrong but that's ok. You're a sensitive artist who can't take any criticism.

Fuck all the hand holding. Rodgers called out Cobb in week one for screwing up his route on the TD play but I didn't hear all this fucking whining about that. If the bitch can't take some criticism he might want to find a new line of work.

You crazy inappropriate!. Fine I am all for players being critiqued, but let the coaches do it with th press and have players shut their mouths.

vince
09-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Rodgers is expected to be, is seen as, and is acting as the leader of this team. He and Charles Woodson, and to a lesser extent Hawk and Driver, are the leaders of this team. Sometimes leaders need to be vocal. Rodgers knows his relationship with Finley and this team better than any of us, and he knows his responsibilities and how to push individual buttons better than anyone - certainly any of us. If he, with all of his experience with this team, with Finley specifically, and with media relations, makes the decision that Finley will respond to public motivation in addition to the extensive discussions they have undoubtedly already had privately, then my money's on Rodgers knowing how to handle this situation better than any of us idiots in the stands and watching on TV.

Cheesehead Craig
09-30-2011, 11:09 AM
This is getting out-of-control serious! Get on the red phone! Bring back Ari Fleischer!!

Ok, now you've crossed the Rubicon!

Upnorth
09-30-2011, 12:02 PM

If he was wearing Hillary Duff's skirt and top would he be gay like that commercial then?

Fritz
09-30-2011, 12:42 PM

I think Rodgers has shown he has an understanding of leadership. He clearly won over his young teammates in his first three years. He took over starting in a very precarious position and managed it very well even among veteran teammates. So I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this topic.

I much prefer things like this to be handled behind closed doors. That said, there is a tremendous media surge to annoint Finley as the second coming of Kellen Winslow, Sr. Pair that with an overabundance of WR talent, and some tempering of expectations might be necessary in public to keep the peace. Should it be the coach's job? Ideally, but coaches have had trouble with this situation before and it might take the QB to sort it out player by player.

Someone has to stand up as the public leader on the offense and the QB is a natural fit. Finley I thought has handled himself well so far this season, but Rodgers might think its time to focus on where they are right now.

As for the spotlight, he won a Super Bowl without Finley. He can have all the spotlight he wishes to. There are a lot of Ford dealers around.

This is exactly what I thought when I read that bit, pb. He said it, he caught himself, he changed his tune quick.

This happened to me once when a woman I was dating took her top off. I said "You look like a boy! Err, man. Err, I mean girl. No, wait, woman. A woman. No, seriously, that's what I meant to say."

She got me back, though. She compared me to a former Packer quarterback. Said something about the number four being appropriate in my case. I'm not sure what she meant, but I was hurt and sad.

denverYooper
09-30-2011, 01:02 PM
At least he hasn't called his kicker a drunk.

MJZiggy
09-30-2011, 01:06 PM
I thought he was more of the 80s bikershorts type of boy.
http://s3-media1.px.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/t-axLpvcuZgy7KZISkrIIw/l.jpg

He needs medical attention.

Fritz
09-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Ziggy, do you mean "medical" attention?

Tony Oday
09-30-2011, 01:53 PM
AR is the leader of the team, Superbowl MVP, great QB, he can say whatever the f he wants because he has earned it! Good god look at his face when HE screws up he knows he did it and now he wants his buddy, who is also a stud TE, to clean it up so he can win the game AGAIN! Its not like AR is calling out some rookie on the practice squad he is calling out a guy in a contract year and in a year where we have a very good team.

Guiness
09-30-2011, 02:38 PM

Depends if it's been like that for more than 4 hours.

Bossman641
09-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Wow, talk about a complete overreaction.

Rodgers and Finley are obviously good friends. Let's not forget how much Rodgers was building Finley up last year. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Rodgers make multiple statements AFTER winning the super bowl about how much he was looking forward to getting Finley back and how dominant he thought he could be.

When Rodgers starts talking about other players' contracts or implying other plays should show up for minicamps and training camps while he rides his tractor around and sends out dick pix, THEN I will be worried.

Brandon494
09-30-2011, 05:11 PM
closed this thread, waste of time.

MJZiggy
09-30-2011, 06:01 PM

No, he needs a doctor.

LP
09-30-2011, 06:49 PM
This happened to me once when a woman I was dating took her top off. I said "You look like a boy! Err, man. Err, I mean girl. No, wait, woman. A woman. No, seriously, that's what I meant to say."

And that's where it all went bad between you and Drew right?

Iron Mike
09-30-2011, 07:37 PM
http://content6.flixster.com/question/36/71/25/3671256_std.jpg
Cannonball!!!!!!

Pugger
10-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Rodgers might be right but I'm with those who think this sort of thing should not be discussed in front of the media.

pbmax
10-01-2011, 08:43 AM
At first glance this could be seen negative but I think we have to base our judgement on the person. Finley is very public about everything and loves showboating. I think ARod is just reaching out to Finley in a way he feels would get maximum results. I think it was played correctly.

This.

As for the boy comment, I would like to hear the audio. Betting he says more how a rapper say "them boys are crazy" versus how all you crackas here say "that BOY is crazy". You fucking rednecks.

And probably this, but it also describes the precise problem. Most of the world isn't going to get to hear the audio.

Zool
10-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Next he'll be complaining to the media about Walker.....uh I mean Finley's handling of his contract situation.

gbgary
10-03-2011, 11:00 AM
did anyone run any wrong routes yesterday?

channtheman
10-03-2011, 11:18 AM
This.

And probably this, but it also describes the precise problem. Most of the world isn't going to get to hear the audio.

As long as Finley and Rodgers have dealt with this "issue" and are okay with each other, it won't matter who heard the audio.

bobblehead
10-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Rodgers might be right but I'm with those who think this sort of thing should not be discussed in front of the media.

Do we know that Rodgers hasn't discussed this with Finley 2 weeks ago and it didn't help?

HarveyWallbangers
10-06-2011, 12:00 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/130753208.html

Speaking out: Rodgers continues to speak openly about a couple of mistakes tight end Jermichael Finley made during this three-touchdown performance against the Chicago Bears on Sunday.

Rodgers remarked after the game that Finley had made a couple of mental errors and when asked about it Wednesday did not back off his comments.

"I think I hold everybody to the same standard," Rodgers said Wednesday. "I hold myself to a high standard. I think the mental mistakes are the ones that I believe can be cured through preparation.

"And as gifted and talented as that boy is - and he's an incredibly talented man, the big fella - I think he needs to tighten it up a little bit with some of the mental mistakes."

Rodgers didn't detail what the mistakes were, and they definitely weren't apparent to those not privy to the Packers' plays. Whatever the case, there weren't that many, and they didn't hurt Finley's production.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

I just got done reading an article about Rodgers. It was written before the start of the season. In the article it talked about how Rodgers knew he needed to work on his leadership skills being an 18-year-old freshman QB at Butte College. He had get the respect of guys that had been in jail, rejects from Div. I, kids fresh out of high school (like himself), guys that were 25-years-old, all sorts of different backgrounds at a JC. So, he took upon himself to take coaching classes while at Butte. A couple of things he learned was: 1) he had to lead all the players on the team. That means interacting with them, putting in the work (being the hardest worker), etc., and 2) that he had to learn how to push the right buttons for each individual player. Each player needed their buttons pushed in different ways. The article (again, written before the season) specifically stated that Rodgers knows that tough love works with Jermichael while James Jones is on the opposite end of the spectrum. He needs constant reassurance. I'm convinced more than ever, that this is all calculated by Rodgers--and he really does know how to push the buttons of his guys. You can criticize him for it, but I'm more on the side that he's become adept at doing this.

HarveyWallbangers
10-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Talk with Packers coach puts Finley at ease

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packnot06-131192803.html

Finley said he felt better about things after speaking with McCarthy.

"He just told me to keep running my routes hard, that the ball was going to come my way," Finley said. "It's going to come."

"Some games, teams are going to try to take away Jermichael and other guys are going to get involved," Rodgers said. "Some days, it's going to be like Chicago where he's going to get more opportunities and he'll make (the best of) those opportunities."

Rodgers said that he's always open to one of his receivers talking to him about his role in the offense.

Fritz
10-06-2011, 06:34 AM
And that's where it all went bad between you and Drew right?

Let me respond to that deragotory comment about Ms. Barrymore:

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebs/drewbarrymore/drew_barrymore_1.jpg

Deputy Nutz
10-06-2011, 08:06 AM
It has got to be very difficult to make her look sexy.

Deputy Nutz
10-06-2011, 08:08 AM
I just got done reading an article about Rodgers. It was written before the start of the season. In the article it talked about how Rodgers knew he needed to work on his leadership skills being an 18-year-old freshman QB at Butte College. He had get the respect of guys that had been in jail, rejects from Div. I, kids fresh out of high school (like himself), guys that were 25-years-old, all sorts of different backgrounds at a JC. So, he took upon himself to take coaching classes while at Butte. A couple of things he learned was: 1) he had to lead all the players on the team. That means interacting with them, putting in the work (being the hardest worker), etc., and 2) that he had to learn how to push the right buttons for each individual player. Each player needed their buttons pushed in different ways. The article (again, written before the season) specifically stated that Rodgers knows that tough love works with Jermichael while James Jones is on the opposite end of the spectrum. He needs constant reassurance. I'm convinced more than ever, that this is all calculated by Rodgers--and he really does know how to push the buttons of his guys. You can criticize him for it, but I'm more on the side that he's become adept at doing this.

Those coaching classes are a great spin for Rodgers. If you played college sports you took coaching classes. Hell I took three of them. Baseball, football, and ethics. Maybe he was the one guy who was actually taking those classes seriously. Well hats off to him.

HarveyWallbangers
10-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Those coaching classes are a great spin for Rodgers. If you played college sports you took coaching classes. Hell I took three of them. Baseball, football, and ethics. Maybe he was the one guy who was actually taking those classes seriously. Well hats off to him.

Regardless, I believe it's calculated, and I believe he knows how to push the buttons of his guys. He shows Finley tough love. He shows Driver reverence. He gives Jones constant reassurance. He mostly messes around and talks trash with Jennings. He doesn't have to do much with Nelson.

mraynrand
10-06-2011, 10:53 AM

You are a very BAD MAN!!!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfsb1t29Gp1qz9qooo1_500.jpg

channtheman
10-06-2011, 11:54 AM

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebs/drewbarrymore/drew_barrymore_1.jpg

Wow, I never thought someone could make Drew Barrymore hot. Unfortunately, at some point she will open her mouth and then you have to listen to her annoying ass voice.

Deputy Nutz
10-06-2011, 11:58 AM
What does an "ass voice" sound like? Bad breath?

Zool
10-06-2011, 12:04 PM

Did your pucker clinch up a little trying to admit Rodgers might actually know what he's doing?

Where is Javon's contract situation lately?

rbaloha1
10-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Rodgers numbers are insane (completion % and interception rate). Plus he refuses to engage in BF banter.

Deputy Nutz
10-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Did your pucker clinch up a little trying to admit Rodgers might actually know what he's doing?

Where is Javon's contract situation lately?

Javon is out of the league, and funny you should mention that, the Packers never gave him his contract and he then blew out his knee and was never the same player. In fact they traded him for a 2nd round pick. Grant it they took Colledge with the pick, but he started 45 games for them. So Favre's advice wasn't too bad, and he never refered to Javon as "boy".

Guess what Favre took heat for commenting on Javon Walker's contract. Way more heat than what Rodgers is taking. Did I think Favre should have said anything about Walker? No I didn't, but I also mentioned earlier in the thread that regardless if Favre commented about players or showed frustration on the field that it should be taking care of in the lockerroom. You can stop bringing up Walker and Favre because I didn't support that 10 years ag just like I don't agree with Rodger saying shit about his teammates from a negative perspective to the media.

gbgary
10-06-2011, 01:14 PM

there are a few good ones in here...http://www.google.com/search?q=drew+barrymore&hl=en&qscrl=1&nord=1&rlz=1T4ADSA_enUS401US439&biw=1330&bih=721&site=webhp&prmd=imvnsol&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=6e6NTquwG6KJsALRx_yqAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CE0QsAQ

HarveyWallbangers
11-26-2011, 11:30 PM
I'm convinced more than ever, that this is all calculated by Rodgers--and he really does know how to push the buttons of his guys. You can criticize him for it, but I'm more on the side that he's become adept at doing this.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rodgers-learns-52-ways-to-motivate-teammates-ep36nlo-134545253.html

channtheman
11-27-2011, 12:09 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rodgers-learns-52-ways-to-motivate-teammates-ep36nlo-134545253.html

Packerrats does it again. Good call!

Fritz
11-27-2011, 07:01 AM

Now, now. You know you'd like her to lick your Nutz, Deputy.

http://www.topnews.in/light/files/Drew-Barrymore.png

Deputy Nutz
11-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Sure I would, but her look isn't a sexy vixon, for god sakes she was in ET.

Deputy Nutz
11-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Rodgers is a bitch.:)

RashanGary
11-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Rodgers is a bitch.:)

Jermichael Finley is overrated.

pbmax
11-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Driver should consider bowing out gracefully next offseason.

And the comparison here is not exactly apple to apples. Favre was commenting on a teammates contract negotiation. Rodgers was calling out a pass receiver. One topic falls under the QB's purview, the other does not.

Still prefer it be handled behind closed doors.

Cheesehead Craig
11-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Still prefer it be handcuffed behind closed doors.
Pb you dirty bastard.

pbmax
11-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Pb you dirty bastard.

That was supposed to be a PM! :shock:

:lol: