PDA

View Full Version : Which of these is a more true statement?

RashanGary
09-29-2011, 09:13 PM
?

MJZiggy
09-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Ya kinda know which way this one is going...There's really no need to make a poll out of it because you already know exactly how the vote will fall.

Joemailman
09-29-2011, 09:35 PM
I voted Earns Respect because he has had to do that. He has turned skeptics into believers. Now that he has won a Super Bowl, and has to be a favorite to win MVP, he is getting close to Can Do No Wrong.

MJZiggy
09-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Beware, we had one who could do no wrong and in the end, he did plenty wrong.

Harlan Huckleby
09-29-2011, 09:47 PM
How hard would it be to add a sobriety tester to a computer? Not very. You blow into a sensor powered by a usb cable. The forum software gets a blood alchohol reading before authorizing a poll. No big deal.

I apologize for unnecessary roughness. I have launched dumber polls recently. But I want to vote for both options because they are exactly equally true.

GrnBay007
09-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Rodgers has definitely earned respect no doubt. It's kind of an odd poll in that the other choice is true to a degree due to him coming off a Superbowl year + all the fans that were very angry at his predecessor.

pbmax
09-29-2011, 10:42 PM
"Packer fans need to get on board or shut up"
"This is just embarrassing" on Mark Sanchez
"And as gifted and talented as that boy is"

How about option three, Aaron Rodgers needs to keep his trap shut sometimes. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt". He is a QB, not the Pope or President and he doesn't need to speak on all topics.

I mentioned on another thread that Milwaukee radio (the station that is paying him) is already playing the "he's just being honest" card. We know this doesn't end well. He is human, imperfect and should dial it back a little.

Harlan Huckleby
09-30-2011, 12:16 AM
jeez, pbmax, rodgers is robotic enough in interviews. i don't want him being even more guarded.

Freak Out
09-30-2011, 01:06 AM
He's earned respect with his on the field actions.....dedication and winning. Off the field a little humility can go a long way.

bobblehead
09-30-2011, 04:57 AM
"Packer fans need to get on board or shut up"
"This is just embarrassing" on Mark Sanchez
"And as gifted and talented as that boy is"

How about option three, Aaron Rodgers needs to keep his trap shut sometimes. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt". He is a QB, not the Pope or President and he doesn't need to speak on all topics.

I mentioned on another thread that Milwaukee radio (the station that is paying him) is already playing the "he's just being honest" card. We know this doesn't end well. He is human, imperfect and should dial it back a little.

Honestly....the boy thing. You are too obsessed with this. I have watched track meets and said "that boy can flat out fly". I watch boxing and say "that boy is bringing it." In each case the guy I referred to was not black. I have watched football and said "that dude almost killed him"....is dude a racist term?

sheepshead
09-30-2011, 05:06 AM
Living in Chicago, Packer fans are FAR more knowledgeable and conduct themselves accordingly. Just Sayin'

Deputy Nutz
09-30-2011, 07:45 AM
Rodgers worked his ass off and absolutely deserves respect, but with Favregate Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy put Rodgers in a protective bubble.

hoosier
09-30-2011, 08:00 AM
I think we need a Chester Marcol poll.

ThunderDan
09-30-2011, 08:07 AM
I think we need a Chester Marcol poll.

Chester had the best TD in Packer history!!!! (I say its a tie with the Majikman and the replay TD)

hoosier
09-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Maybe that's it: a best TD in Packer history poll.

Zool
09-30-2011, 09:19 AM
As always I request an additional option of who gives a fuck.

Mark me down for 1.

mmmdk
09-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Maybe that's it: a best TD in Packer history poll.

Good idea. How about the '95 "Mark Carrier" ankle breaking/knee jerking TD by Robert Brooks versus Bears? Or '86 Thanksgiving return TD by Walter Stanley with 41 seconds to go?

denverYooper
09-30-2011, 12:57 PM
As always I request an additional option of who gives a fuck.

Mark me down for 1.

Finally, a viable 3rd party candidate!

+2

Fritz
09-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Beware, we had one who could do no wrong and in the end, he did plenty wrong.

This is what I keep thinking.

pbmax
09-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Honestly....the boy thing. You are too obsessed with this. I have watched track meets and said "that boy can flat out fly". I watch boxing and say "that boy is bringing it." In each case the guy I referred to was not black. I have watched football and said "that dude almost killed him"....is dude a racist term?

I don't think its necessary to explain how boy and dude have different connotations. But perhaps Finley would be offended by being compared to a SoCal surfer?

More importantly, were you being broadcast to 3 million people? Were your comments able to be picked up by tens of millions more?

Comments over the public airways are far different from private conversations. I am not saying he is playing a racist trope, but why leave the opening? One that he clearly knew right away was a wrong step?

And I am not so much concerned about that one statement as I am the newly evolving pattern of saying too much, then the outlet downplaying it. Because I have seen this movie before and I don't wish to see it again.

pbmax
09-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Rodgers worked his ass off and absolutely deserves respect, but with Favregate Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy put Rodgers in a protective bubble.

Evidence? Holmgren ran a press conference for Favre and Sherman and McCarthy excused him from weekly media obligations. Where is the bubble for Rodgers?

Zool
09-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Evidence? Holmgren ran a press conference for Favre and Sherman and McCarthy excused him from weekly media obligations. Where is the bubble for Rodgers?

How can we possibly have a viable forum if you keep interjecting facts and logic? Jesus H, PB, this is the internet.

hoosier
09-30-2011, 04:03 PM

I read recently in JSO (I think) that MM doesn't make his coordinators and assistants available on Sunday after the game. Is that new? Did Holmey have a similar policy? Prophylactic or just managing the coordinators' time?

I was also struck by Rodgers's "boy" comment and how quickly he backpeddaled from it. But I don't have alarms going off in my head. I have the sense that his rapport with his teammates is strong enough that a few "friendly critical" remarks to the media are not going to create rifts. Especially not when you're a TE and there are five other receivers breathing down your neck wanting the ball.

Bretsky
09-30-2011, 07:13 PM
he won a super bowl; he can do no wrong for a while in my eyes

Pugger
10-01-2011, 07:57 AM
How can we possibly have a viable forum if you keep interjecting facts and logic? Jesus H, PB, this is the internet.

:lol:

Pugger
10-01-2011, 07:59 AM
But seriously as long as AR isn't doing anything stupid embarrassing the organization and is winning football games what more do we want him to do?

pbmax
10-01-2011, 08:51 AM
I read recently in JSO (I think) that MM doesn't make his coordinators and assistants available on Sunday after the game. Is that new? Did Holmey have a similar policy? Prophylactic or just managing the coordinators' time?

I was also struck by Rodgers's "boy" comment and how quickly he backpeddaled from it. But I don't have alarms going off in my head. I have the sense that his rapport with his teammates is strong enough that a few "friendly critical" remarks to the media are not going to create rifts. Especially not when you're a TE and there are five other receivers breathing down your neck wanting the ball.

He doesn't and to be honest, I am not sure about Holmgren's policy.

But M3 does make them available Tuesday, which has a certain logic to it. Its the players' off day and everyone has seen the film. That leaves the immediate and emotional reaction to McCarthy, Thompson and McKenzie.

Upnorth
10-01-2011, 08:54 AM
So my opinion is since Rodgers has earned the respect of the fans (fanatics) he now can do no wrong. He won a SB for GB, lets face it unless he snubs us in a very bad way we will love him for a very long time. That is what being a fan is all about, suspension of logic and replace it with passion.