PDA

View Full Version : Nelson, Jones stand to explode against Denver

smuggler
09-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Denver is the 28th ranked team in the league defending against a #2 receiver. They are #24 at defending receivers #3 - #5.

I expect we will see a lot of 3 and 4 WR sets in this game. And, more of Finley in the WR positions.

Go Pack!

red
09-30-2011, 09:46 AM
i'm gonna guess, 1 catch for jones and 2 drops

mmmdk
09-30-2011, 10:06 AM
I'd put $$ on DD and Cobb rather than JJ. Even Craptree!

bobblehead
09-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Absolutely can not believe the JJ hate on this site. Yes, he had a few big drops. He also is very talented and has made some spectacular plays.

retailguy
09-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Absolutely can not believe the JJ hate on this site. Yes, he had a few big drops. He also is very talented and has made some spectacular plays.

Fans gotta have somebody to hate. If all they can find is Jones, I'm good with that.... What it says about the rest of the team is pretty telling.

Now that Colledge is gone, I can't find anything to complain about.

mmmdk
09-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Well, I don't hate JJ, he's just huffin'n'puffin to get even get on the field. JJ got love from AR & then got paid to stay in Green Bay by TT. McCarthy sees something else and PRESTO, JJ just ain't seeing the field that much. It's all about pleasing the HC & McCarthy is judging it differently than JJ lovin' fans. I tend to agree with Stubby & Edgar Bennett.

red
09-30-2011, 11:01 AM

he's had a lot more then a "few" big drops. he's had many drops and fumbles at the absolute worst times. then he throws a fit for not playing enough? we got 4 other receivers that are more reliable and do more with the ball after they catch it

really, when was the last time you actually saw him make a spectacular play? honestly. when have you ever seen him break a tackle and take it long? when was the last time you saw him break or avoid a tackle?

i don't see much special in him anymore, he's a JAG. a JAG with a lot of drops at really bad times

rbaloha1
09-30-2011, 11:53 AM

Dude signed a fat contract. Its time to step-up. Appears heavier and less explosive.

A few big plays should get the ball rolling.

Upnorth
09-30-2011, 11:56 AM
I really hope JJ step's up, its time he earned the contract. I think he is good, now he should prove it.

MadScientist
09-30-2011, 11:59 AM
really, when was the last time you actually saw him make a spectacular play? honestly. when have you ever seen him break a tackle and take it long? when was the last time you saw him break or avoid a tackle?

The TD catch against Atlanta in the playoffs was a hell of a catch.

I'd like to see him catch a long one Sunday, quiet the critics and really give defensive coordinators something to fear.
Torch the Bronco's early so the whole second half is just beating a dead horse.

Smidgeon
09-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Paid too much to stay? I thought people were surprised at how cheap his deal was...

Fritz
09-30-2011, 12:46 PM
"Nelson, Jones stand to explode against Denver"

I think sexually explicit headlines like this are uncalled for in a family site like Packerrats.

denverYooper
09-30-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm not sure that those numbers will stay that way. Champ Bailey has been out for 2 games and practiced yesterday. If he's back, that should change things for the Broncos back there. Dumervil has been practicing this week, also. He played about 5 snaps this year so far. He can affect the passing game if he's a go. He's a just a little bit better than Jason Hunter.

Overall, the donks' D is better than last last year's sieve and look as though they might even make the middle of the pack this year there, which would be a huge upgrade for them. Von Miller has been awesome. Their defensive improvement alone might lift them into the bottom of the mediocre teams as they'll fight to keep the team in many games.

Their O is pretty weak, though, and IMO doesn't match up very well with GB. They have some good receivers but Orton has been pretty ineffective when his protection breaks down and that has happened a lot thus far. Their line is not very good. Clady's one of the better LTs but even he has struggled some. The interior line is getting beat like Kerouac. I won't be surprised to see Wynn and Raji get some this week because that interior unit is the weakest they've seen this year. Their running backs are a few shades below what GB has seen so far. Their TEs group is nothing to worry about, either. In fact, the Pack's pass D might end up looking much better because of the matchups at those 2 positions.

I would be tempted to take the points on this game (13.5 as of last night) were I a betting man, but I don't Denver winning this matchup 95% of the time. More than likely, GB will build up a 2.5 score lead into the 3rd quarter and then cruise on their 8 minute O until Denver puts Tebow in and scores a garbage time TD to beat the spread and cause more idiot fans to throw money away on pro-Tebow billboards.

Guiness
09-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Fans gotta have somebody to hate. If all they can find is Jones, I'm good with that.... What it says about the rest of the team is pretty telling.

Now that Colledge is gone, I can't find anything to complain about.

Yup. And Bush has been playing well, so the favorite whipping dog is off limits!

You know who I'm disappointed in? Flynn. What has he shown this year? Get rid of the bum!:satan:

MadScientist
09-30-2011, 12:58 PM
You know who I'm disappointed in? Flynn. What has he shown this year? Get rid of the bum!:satan:

How can you say that. He hasn't fumbled the clipboard once all season.

MJZiggy
09-30-2011, 01:03 PM
I say we never get around to Jones. Finley and Rodgers have some making up to do and I expect them to do it this week.

Fritz
09-30-2011, 01:54 PM
I nominate Brad Jones for the new whipping boy. He's about as useless as tits on a bull.

Guiness
09-30-2011, 01:58 PM
How can you say that. He hasn't fumbled the clipboard once all season.

I wanted to post his completion percentage, but all I got was this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_by_zerohttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/43/Hyperbola_one_over_x.svg/220px-Hyperbola_one_over_x.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_by_zerohttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_by_zero

denverYooper
09-30-2011, 02:50 PM
I wanted to post his completion percentage, but all I got was this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_by_zerohttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/43/Hyperbola_one_over_x.svg/220px-Hyperbola_one_over_x.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_by_zerohttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_by_zero

f(x) = 1/x?

Guiness
09-30-2011, 03:10 PM
f(x) = 1/x?

Yup. It summarizes one of my favorite prof quotes: "you can divide by zero for very large values of zero"

Smeefers
09-30-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure that those numbers will stay that way. Champ Bailey has been out for 2 games and practiced yesterday. If he's back, that should change things for the Broncos back there. Dumervil has been practicing this week, also. He played about 5 snaps this year so far. He can affect the passing game if he's a go. He's a just a little bit better than Jason Hunter.

Overall, the donks' D is better than last last year's sieve and look as though they might even make the middle of the pack this year there, which would be a huge upgrade for them. Von Miller has been awesome. Their defensive improvement alone might lift them into the bottom of the mediocre teams as they'll fight to keep the team in many games.

Their O is pretty weak, though, and IMO doesn't match up very well with GB. They have some good receivers but Orton has been pretty ineffective when his protection breaks down and that has happened a lot thus far. Their line is not very good. Clady's one of the better LTs but even he has struggled some. The interior line is getting beat like Kerouac. I won't be surprised to see Wynn and Raji get some this week because that interior unit is the weakest they've seen this year. Their running backs are a few shades below what GB has seen so far. Their TEs group is nothing to worry about, either. In fact, the Pack's pass D might end up looking much better because of the matchups at those 2 positions.

I would be tempted to take the points on this game (13.5 as of last night) were I a betting man, but I don't Denver winning this matchup 95% of the time. More than likely, GB will build up a 2.5 score lead into the 3rd quarter and then cruise on their 8 minute O until Denver puts Tebow in and scores a garbage time TD to beat the spread and cause more idiot fans to throw money away on pro-Tebow billboards.

What makes you such an expert on the Broncos Anyway?

Iron Mike
09-30-2011, 07:12 PM
http://trialx.com/curetalk/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/2011/07/sports/Robert_Ferguson-2.jpg

MJZiggy
09-30-2011, 07:14 PM
somehow this thread title makes me think of burritos...

Joemailman
09-30-2011, 08:38 PM
"Nelson, Jones stand to explode against Denver"

I think sexually explicit headlines like this are uncalled for in a family site like Packerrats.

It's okay because we're a dysfunctional family.

MJZiggy
09-30-2011, 09:14 PM
It's okay because we're a dysfunctional family.

You've missed the obvious irony here...

Guiness
09-30-2011, 09:30 PM
You've missed the obvious irony here...

Or you missed his Steven Wright-like response.

Pugger
10-01-2011, 08:06 AM
I doubt Jones drops substantially more balls than the others but the timing of these drops come at the absolute worst times! I'm sure we can think of 4 or 5 sure TDs off the top of our head that he let slip thru his fingers. These plus the fumbles in a few bare games make us pull our hair out.

Upnorth
10-01-2011, 09:03 AM
I would really like to see Jones and Cobb explode, err have big games (for the sake of a PG audience), to make other teams worry just a bit more about our depth. It would be nice to make them a least tink about taking some double teams of of Jennings. On two of his catches last week if it wasn't for the saftey cheating to his side he could have gotten 6 it looked like.

mraynrand
10-01-2011, 10:09 AM
John Fox can coach the hell out of a defense. But does Denver have the horses? Their D line and LBs aren't better than Chicago, are they?

denverYooper
10-02-2011, 12:56 PM
John Fox can coach the hell out of a defense. But does Denver have the horses? Their D line and LBs aren't better than Chicago, are they?

No. They have very good players in Dumervil and Von Miller but they're nowhere near as complete as that Bears front 7.

denverYooper
10-02-2011, 12:57 PM
I would really like to see Jones and Cobb explode, err have big games (for the sake of a PG audience), to make other teams worry just a bit more about our depth. It would be nice to make them a least tink about taking some double teams of of Jennings. On two of his catches last week if it wasn't for the saftey cheating to his side he could have gotten 6 it looked like.

I would not be surprised to see Cobb get more touches today.

gbgary
10-02-2011, 01:31 PM
i'm gonna guess, 1 catch for jones and 2 drops

you're relentless. lol

gbgary
10-02-2011, 01:32 PM

no jj hate from me!

gbgary
10-02-2011, 01:36 PM
somehow this thread title makes me think of burritos...

I think sexually explicit posts like this are uncalled for in a family site like Packerrats.

denverYooper
10-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Local news was interviewing Jason Hunter on Friday about his INT of Orton back in '08.

This:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d80c85ac4/WK-11-Can-t-Miss-Play-Hunted-down