PDA

View Full Version : Bulaga and Grant out for Sunday

Tony Oday
10-01-2011, 01:49 PM
http://sports.mobile.msn.com/en-us/nfl/article.aspx?aid=1005448&acid=2&afid=5

Nice having Starks and Kuhn!

Upnorth
10-01-2011, 01:53 PM
So Newhouse is starting, good thing Denver's dline is not as good as expected this year.

MJZiggy
10-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Newhouse did well enough against Julius Peppers last week that they moved Peppers back to his own side. I think he's capable of holding his own.

Brando19
10-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Is Alex Green going to be active?

Guiness
10-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Is Alex Green going to be active?

I guess it's possible. I'd like to see that.

I wonder what they're going to do with guys like House and Neale? It's week 4, and they're still not available. How long can you carry guys that are not available, hurting your depth. Williams and Lee are both listed, if they were both out, there could be a problem. If Pickett weren't available, the DL would be thin! Down to Wilson and Wynn at DE, have to rotate Raji out and put Green in at NT? Or keep running the nickle with two linemen.

Actually, I see that House isn't listed on the injury report, so he should be available.

pittstang5
10-01-2011, 03:57 PM
I saw Neal is expected to be back after the bye, whenever that it is....I can't remember, I like living week to week

rbaloha1
10-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Its Green time.

Lets hope AG has a better performance than ex Warrior teammate Greg Salas for the Rams.

Brando19
10-01-2011, 05:03 PM
I saw Neal is expected to be back after the bye, whenever that it is....I can't remember, I like living week to week

The Packers have the Broncos tomorrow, then the Falcons next Sunday night, then the Vikings, and then the bye.

Joemailman
10-01-2011, 05:25 PM
The Packers have the Broncos tomorrow, then the Falcons next Sunday night, then the Vikings, and then the bye.

They play the Rams between the Falcon and Viking games.

Guiness
10-01-2011, 06:56 PM

Back for week 9? Wow, I can't believe they didn't IR him.

Wouldn't it have made sense to be bringing someone along, and at least have them available? I wonder how ready Johnny Jones is?

Brando19
10-01-2011, 09:32 PM
They play the Rams between the Falcon and Viking games.

You're right..I tried going by memory...I guess my memory is starting to suck. lol

Joemailman
10-01-2011, 09:47 PM

Wouldn't it have made sense to be bringing someone along, and at least have them available? I wonder how ready Johnny Jones is?

They don't have another DL with his skill set. He's worth tying up a roster spot for if he can make it back for the 2nd half of the season.

bobblehead
10-02-2011, 03:31 AM

think james starks from last season.

Brandon494
10-02-2011, 07:43 AM
I don't think we'll see anything from Alex Green today. Look for Starks to get the majority of the carries with Kuhn coming in for short yardage and goal line situations.

Patler
10-02-2011, 08:18 AM

think james starks from last season.

Bobblehead's point about potential late season impact is valid, but there is a big difference between Starks' situation last year and Neal this year. Starks was on the PUP list, and was not moved to the 53 man roster until week 10.

That said, I don't think keeping Neal on the 53, or even Collins at this point matters much, since 7 are inactive for each game anyway. Until they have more than 7 that are too injured or to ill-prepared to be active for games, keeping Neal, Collins, etc. doesn't hurt.

I think the fact that TT didn't run out and sign an OT this week with Bulaga out is an encouraging sign about the readiness of Sherrod to play. If they didn't think he could play, it would have been easy to IR Collins and sign someone like Moll. Apparently the Packers are comfortable with Sherrod on the game day roster.

bobblehead
10-02-2011, 08:34 AM
Its kinda weird, but I LIKE minor injuries like this. Now we get to see if Newhouse is indeed a player. We get to see Green on the field some. I don't want any more collins type injuries though, blue chippers with career threatening injuries isn't what I am talking about.

sheepshead
10-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Its kinda weird, but I LIKE minor injuries like this. Now we get to see if Newhouse is indeed a player. We get to see Green on the field some. I don't want any more collins type injuries though, blue chippers with career threatening injuries isn't what I am talking about.

I know what you mean. It gives a little comfort looking ahead. The knowledge that if someone is maybe going to miss a playoff game for instance, we have the horses.

Packers4Glory
10-02-2011, 10:50 AM
I don't think we'll see anything from Alex Green today. Look for Starks to get the majority of the carries with Kuhn coming in for short yardage and goal line situations.

disagree. I think it would be a perfect time to get Green some action. They should roll over this defense today and it should allow some time for Green to get in the game.

pbmax
10-02-2011, 11:22 AM
According to Rob Demovsky of the GBPG, So'oto could be active today. Might just be speculation on his part, but there it is.

Packers4Glory
10-02-2011, 11:35 AM
According to Rob Demovsky of the GBPG, So'oto could be active today. Might just be speculation on his part, but there it is.
I hope he is. I think he would improve the ST units which this team can always use. We've already seen how much better the coverages can be w/ just one guy returning.

Guiness
10-02-2011, 02:50 PM
That said, I don't think keeping Neal on the 53, or even Collins at this point matters much, since 7 are inactive for each game anyway. Until they have more than 7 that are too injured or to ill-prepared to be active for games, keeping Neal, Collins, etc. doesn't hurt.

PACKERS

RB Ryan Grant
S Nick Collins
LB Jamari Lattimore
LB Frank Zombo
LB Brad Jones
OT Bryan Bulaga
DE Mike Neal

We're almost there now - all of those 7 are injured, and we've got 3 guys dressing who've never been on the field - Sherrod, House and So'oto. I wonder if the coaches want to dress those guys, or just have no choice.

Obviously, Collins can be IR'd at any time, as soon as they find someone they want to add to the 53.

Packers4Glory
10-02-2011, 03:18 PM

pbmax
10-02-2011, 08:06 PM
They put Lattimore on the PS in place of So'oto.

EDIT: Not PS, Inactive I meant.

Brandon494
10-02-2011, 09:15 PM
disagree. I think it would be a perfect time to get Green some action. They should roll over this defense today and it should allow some time for Green to get in the game.

Would have been a perfect time and would have been nice to see Green to get some carries but MM did exactly what I thought he would do.

Packers4Glory
10-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Would have been a perfect time and would have been nice to see Green to get some carries but MM did exactly what I thought he would do.yup. you were correct. I thought Green should have gotten some to send a message to Starks to quit dancing so much.