PDA

View Full Version : Is our D getting caught Looking?

Upnorth
10-02-2011, 06:08 PM
So looking at our D, Are we selling out for the TO which is why they puke up the yards? Seems like playing with fire, however every chance to get the ball in our O is a good thing.
A lot of our secondary is looking into the back field quite often instead of just watching the man they are covering. That will work against den, but what happens against good offence?

denverYooper
10-02-2011, 06:15 PM
So looking at our D, Are we selling out for the TO which is why they puke up the yards? Seems like playing with fire, however every chance to get the ball in our O is a good thing.
A lot of our secondary is looking into the back field quite often instead of just watching the man they are covering. That will work against den, but what happens against good offence?

Our offense will probably outscore them. Probably.

Upnorth
10-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Has any one else noticed this in the replays? Guiness and I noticed it during the game and mentioned it in the game day thread. When ever you look in to the backfeild it does increase the chance of a turn over, but it increases the chance of giving up a big gain even more. I am starting to think this is the problem with our pass d, that and a weak pass rush.

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Great pass rush masks problems in the secondary.

ThunderDan
10-03-2011, 09:57 AM

Does NO count in the first game as a good offense?

gbgary
10-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Great pass rush masks problems in the secondary.

but the lack of a great pass rush also puts pressure on a secondary without problems. fix the pass rush and things will look brighter. one thing though...it might keep mm's playcalling aggressive throughout the game.

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 10:09 AM
but the lack of a great pass rush also puts pressure on a secondary without problems. fix the pass rush and things will look brighter. one thing though...it might keep mm's playcalling aggressive throughout the game.

True. The defense is a concern and needs fixing. Failure to fix may cause future problems. Fortunately the early season schedule is soft.

Upnorth
10-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Does NO count in the first game as a good offense?

Yes it does. Do you want our games to come down to last second defensive stops? I don't because I have no trust in this defence. You fix our pass d and more games will be like chi and den, a route that doesn't put my heart at risk.

ThunderDan
10-03-2011, 10:43 AM
I am pointing out that our O has outscored the one offensive juggernaut that we have played.

I would like our D to play much better and generate consistant pressure on the other team's QB.

denverYooper
10-03-2011, 12:02 PM
but the lack of a great pass rush also puts pressure on a secondary without problems. fix the pass rush and things will look brighter.

Agree 100%. I still think GB has one of the top units in the league back there but the weak pass rush is making their job more difficult.

I also think that outside of Brees, the passer rating against has been declining. Then again, maybe the opponent passer rating has been strictly decreasing as a function of QB quality since week 1.