PDA

View Full Version : We're 4-0, stop bitching!!!

Iron Mike
10-02-2011, 06:13 PM
That's all. :)

Upnorth
10-02-2011, 06:17 PM
4-0 is awesome, We ARE JUST OVER 1/5 of the way to a perfect season.

MJZiggy
10-02-2011, 06:18 PM
I remember when we used to complain that we couldn't find a way to win. I think we found one. (or two.)

Lurker64
10-02-2011, 06:43 PM
4-0 is awesome, We at 1/5 of the way to a perfect season.

I think if we go 16-0, we'll get a bye week... so the best we could do is 19-0.

Guiness
10-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Am I allowed to bitch about the DL???? lol

Saw an article and Jenkins doesn't seem very happy at all. Said the Eagles weren't 'mentally tough. Maybe we can trade for him! I know, I know, midseason trades never happen.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/31180/eagles-dream-team-may-not-wake-up

mission
10-02-2011, 07:14 PM
But why can't we have the world's greatest defense AND the world's greatest offense?!?!

AtlPackFan
10-02-2011, 07:20 PM
But why can't we have the world's greatest defense AND the world's greatest offense?!?!

I would settle for a good defense.

denverYooper
10-02-2011, 07:20 PM

We almost did once. It didn't end well...

rbaloha1
10-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Its sure nice considering the average/poor secondary play.

denverYooper
10-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I think this team has a great chance at repeating.

That said, their pass rush is a major weakness for that team right now and could hurt them against a dangerous arm at some point.

MadtownPacker
10-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Last year several where bitching about the offense having issues. As long as the winning continues it doesn't matter to me.

denverYooper
10-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Its sure nice considering the average/poor secondary play.

Thing is, you can probably count the number of better secondaries right now on one hand...

Upnorth
10-02-2011, 08:30 PM
In terms of take aways we are the best, but the takeaways come at the expense of big plays. That is not sustainable in the postseason. I realize it is a long way away and we need to play 12 more games, however when going against teams with better def and off we can't expect turnovers. With that mentality you can expect to give up big plays.

Sorry for bitchin where i'm not supposed to bitch. Maybe I am surley about the lions and bears games

gbgary
10-02-2011, 08:34 PM
if you remember last year the d had a much better second half of the season. the same thing may happen this year.

rbaloha1
10-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Thing is, you can probably count the number of better secondaries right now on one hand...

Not currently. The secondary is minus Collins and given up more explosive plays (20 yards plus) than any NFL team.

Anytime Jarrett Bush is on the verge of starting its a concern.

rbaloha1
10-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Last year several where bitching about the offense having issues. As long as the winning continues it doesn't matter to me.

Thank goodness you are not part of the coaching staff.

rbaloha1
10-02-2011, 08:43 PM
if you remember last year the d had a much better second half of the season. the same thing may happen this year.

True. Can not expect the offense to continually play unbelievable.

MJZiggy
10-02-2011, 08:49 PM

I think Rodgers does...

mission
10-02-2011, 09:01 PM

I'm not sure why not. They're executing, not playing above their head.

It's hardly "unbelievable" -- there's nothing I've seen in the first four weeks that I couldn't believe.

Cheesehead Craig
10-02-2011, 10:48 PM
We're 4-0, stop bitching!!!

That's all. :)

You stop bitching about our bitching you bitch!

rbaloha1
10-02-2011, 10:56 PM

It's hardly "unbelievable" -- there's nothing I've seen in the first four weeks that I couldn't believe.

Sometime this season the offense shall sputter and the defense has to win the game.

No high scoring offense with a poor defense has won a super bowl (i.e. Chargers, run and shoot offenses and Patriots).

rbaloha1
10-02-2011, 10:57 PM

AR just set a record THAT NO ONE HAS EVER ACCOMPLISHED. Should not expect every weekend.

rbaloha1
10-02-2011, 10:57 PM
I think Rodgers does...

6 tds every week -- c'mon.

pbmax
10-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Sometime this season the offense shall sputter and the defense has to win the game.

No high scoring offense with a poor defense has won a super bowl (i.e. Chargers, run and shoot offenses and Patriots).

Colts? They played three good defensive games and they were all in the playoffs. Its all timing.

And the Packers are four games into the season. The defense will not be the same as it is now for Week 17.

RashanGary
10-02-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm proud of McCarthy. This is the first year since 2007 that we've come out of the gates on fire. There's none of that bumbling and stumbling on offense. It seems like year after year they struggle, then when their backs are against the wall, they talk about simplifying things and it all takes off. For whatever reason, they're ready right now.

gbpackfan
10-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Some people are never happy. The other 31 teams have really good football players too, that is why they are called professionals. We thrashed the Broncos today. Use every game as an opportunity to improve, but Packer fans should not be complaining. We are a very, very good team. Enjoy the ride.

rbaloha1
10-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Colts? They played three good defensive games and they were all in the playoffs. Its all timing.

And the Packers are four games into the season. The defense will not be the same as it is now for Week 17.

I think you are right.

rbaloha1
10-02-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm proud of McCarthy. This is the first year since 2007 that we've come out of the gates on fire. There's none of that bumbling and stumbling on offense. It seems like year after year they struggle, then when their backs are against the wall, they talk about simplifying things and it all takes off. For whatever reason, they're ready right now.

True -- offense is smoking. Just trying to be realistic that to expect this type of offensive performance every week is ridiculous. No bitching here.

MadtownPacker
10-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Thank goodness you are not part of the coaching staff.
Wow you really got me there. Maybe if you where on the coaching staff things would be better?

MadtownPacker
10-03-2011, 02:53 AM
And the Packers are four games into the season.t The defense will not be the same as it is now for Week 17.
Exactly, but until then some posters made need diapers in case they shit themselves.

Iron Mike
10-03-2011, 06:53 AM
You stop bitching about our bitching you bitch!

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! :)

Ballboy
10-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Someone earlier mentioned that we are close to having Bush starting and thats not a good thing.

Well, I've actually been wishing he would start.....at safety. One good thing he does is blitz. With the DL getting nothing, I would like to see both Woodson and Bush getting off the edge, just to try and creat something. Neither Peprah or Burnett has been used that way which I can only guess is a coaching decision.

I'm very happy we are 4-0....this week will be interesting. Atlanta's record doesn't seem like much, but this will on paper seem like a great test for the Packers. The defense will have to step up.

Pugger
10-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Not currently. The secondary is minus Collins and given up more explosive plays (20 yards plus) than any NFL team.

Anytime Jarrett Bush is on the verge of starting its a concern.

Of course we were giving up big yards before Collins got hurt. :-(

pbmax
10-03-2011, 08:54 AM
We need a photoshop of Jarret Bush in a glass case, "Break In Case of Emergency".

Pugger
10-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Some people are never happy. The other 31 teams have really good football players too, that is why they are called professionals. We thrashed the Broncos today. Use every game as an opportunity to improve, but Packer fans should not be complaining. We are a very, very good team. Enjoy the ride.

We should all enjoy the ride. Our D has issues but EVERY team has issues. If you listen to the national media guys they sing Rodgers praises and nary a word about our D.

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Wow you really got me there. Maybe if you where on the coaching staff things would be better?

Oh yeah -- I forgot -- you are the wanna be comedian on the board. I shall notify Chuck Lorre about your credentials.

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 09:00 AM
We should all enjoy the ride. Our D has issues but EVERY team has issues. If you listen to the national media guys they sing Rodgers praises and nary a word about our D.

Okay the packers are super bowl champs after 4 games.

ThunderDan
10-03-2011, 09:05 AM
The only thing to really bitch about yesterday was the 45 minute line to get into the stadium. We got in line at 2 and got into the stadium at 2:45. Glad we didn't wait until the usual 25 minutes before kickoff.

Joemailman
10-03-2011, 09:07 AM

No, but the previous 7 times they've started 4-0, they have won the title.

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 09:13 AM

7 out of 46 = 15.2 %. Go ahead and crown the Packers.

ThunderDan
10-03-2011, 09:15 AM
7 out of 46 = 15.2 %. Go ahead and crown the Packers.

7 of 7 is 100%.

K-town
10-03-2011, 09:18 AM

I seem to remember them starting 4 and 0 in 1999. I believe they finished the season 8-8. This 2011 team is better than that 1999 team. But I'm not penciling them in for the Super Bowl just yet.

ThunderDan
10-03-2011, 09:19 AM
I seem to remember them starting 4 and 0 in 1999. I believe they finished the season 8-8. This 2011 team is better than that 1999 team. But I'm not penciling them in for the Super Bowl just yet.

Nope, we lost to DET in week 2.

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 09:43 AM
7 of 7 is 100%.

The Detroit Lions love you!

ThunderDan
10-03-2011, 09:59 AM

The Detroit Lions love you!

Joe was talking about the Packers starting 4-0 in the past not about any other team.

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Joe was talking about the Packers starting 4-0 in the past not about any other team.

Have the Packers won 7 super bowls?

ThunderDan
10-03-2011, 10:05 AM

Did he say "Super Bowls" or titles?

mraynrand
10-03-2011, 10:11 AM

Hey they did win their final game 49-24 over Arizona. Bring back De'Mond Parker!

Joemailman
10-03-2011, 10:21 AM

No. Not yet. Perhaps you didn't know there were NFL titles before there were Super Bowls. Let me be clear. 7 times previously the Packers have started 4-0. Every time they have won the NFL Title. That included the first Super Bowl.

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 10:32 AM
No. Not yet. Perhaps you didn't know there were NFL titles before there were Super Bowls. Let me be clear. 7 times previously the Packers have started 4-0. Every time they have won the NFL Title. That included the first Super Bowl.

Okay if you want to use acme packers data to support your thesis be my guest. Since you are great historian how many other super bowl champions started 4-0? During the super bowl era -- what was the final result of 4-0 teams. Didn't the broncos started 4-0 last season?

ThunderDan
10-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Okay if you want to use acme packers data to support your thesis be my guest. Since you are great historian how many other super bowl champions started 4-0? During the super bowl era -- what was the final result of 4-0 teams. Didn't the broncos started 4-0 last season?

Do you consider records by Babe Ruth in baseball relavent? World Series Championships before the 1960s? Any NHL games when it was the original 6 teams?

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Do you consider records by Babe Ruth in baseball relavent? World Series Championships before the 1960s? Any NHL games when it was the original 6 teams?

know nothing about baseball and hockey. lets examine the super bowl era and see the statistical significance of 4-0 with winning a super bowl.

Making the playoffs is very high -- the Packers are almost assured a playoff spot.

ThunderDan
10-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Just five of the last 20 Super Bowl champions started the next season 4-0. Two of them, New England in 2004 and Denver in 1998, also were the last two teams to repeat as champions.

From Bossman's post in the GC.

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Just five of the last 20 Super Bowl champions started the next season 4-0. Two of them, New England in 2004 and Denver in 1998, also were the last two teams to repeat as champions.

From Bossman's post in the GC.

Okay good stuff - 2/5 40%. Now go place your bold bet on the Packers.

AtlPackFan
10-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Post has become a bit contentious, has it not? I think rbaloha1's point (which I share) is simply that at this point the D is a concern but I believe we all have faith in Dom and believe that it will be fixed...somehow.

Zool
10-03-2011, 11:11 AM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/fireandashes36/heatsmyballs.jpg

bobblehead
10-03-2011, 11:24 AM

Those games coincided with Bob Sanders being healthy. IMO bob is the best run defending safety I have ever watched. He is sick. CWood is probably second (distant). That colts D went from bleeding rushing yards all season long to Bob Sanders being a run stopping stud that transformed the D in the playoffs.

So you are correct, but the timing wasn't a coincidence.

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Post has become a bit contentious, has it not? I think rbaloha1's point (which I share) is simply that at this point the D is a concern but I believe we all have faith in Dom and believe that it will be fixed...somehow.

Mahalo Braddah!

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Those games coincided with Bob Sanders being healthy. IMO bob is the best run defending safety I have ever watched. He is sick. CWood is probably second (distant). That colts D went from bleeding rushing yards all season long to Bob Sanders being a run stopping stud that transformed the D in the playoffs.

Exactly! Maybe the Colts do not win without Sanders -- defense improved big time.

Pugger
10-03-2011, 02:10 PM

Who's saying we are SB champs after 4 games? Do we have issues on D? Yes. Am I wringing my hands over it? No.

pbmax
10-03-2011, 02:27 PM

Yep. But Bob, as good as he was, was also around for some stunning D collapses in the playoffs as well. So I am sure he helped, but there had to be help elsewhere. And none of it looked likely before the end of the season.

I am not sure Neal or So'oto are the Packers answer to Bob Sanders, but I hope they can plug some holes in the dam.

Guiness
10-03-2011, 02:32 PM
I would settle for a good defense.

wow did you ever channel your avatar with that comment :lol:

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Yep. But Bob, as good as he was, was also around for some stunning D collapses in the playoffs as well. So I am sure he helped, but there had to be help elsewhere. And none of it looked likely before the end of the season.

I am not sure Neal or So'oto are the Packers answer to Bob Sanders, but I hope they can plug some holes in the dam.

They are not. Current players need to play better.

Brandon494
10-03-2011, 08:02 PM
The are not the only team that are struggling on defense right now, its happening all over the league. The lack of training camp and OTAs is the reason for the slow start. Our defense will be fine by seasons end and So'oto coming back will help our pass rush more than you think.

Joemailman
10-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Packers are 28th in total defense if you just look at yards, but 18th in scoring defense. Not great, but not horrible either. I think there's a much better chance they'll get better than there is that they'll get worse. The pass rush should get better when they get Neal, Zombo and So'oto back. The secondary still seems a bit out of sync. Safeties not always in a position to give help that CB's seem to be expecting. The talent is there for this to get rectified as the season progresses.

Upnorth
10-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Packers are 28th in total defense if you just look at yards, but 18th in scoring defense. Not great, but not horrible either. I think there's a much better chance they'll get better than there is that they'll get worse. The pass rush should get better when they get Neal, Zombo and So'oto back. The secondary still seems a bit out of sync. Safeties not always in a position to give help that CB's seem to be expecting. The talent is there for this to get rectified as the season progresses.

We gave up a lot of points to NO and way too many to Car. Chi and Den are aren't good on o, so our d looked good.
Against bad to mid level offense, our d will prevail and make alot of picks. However against a high powered team like NO or NE, our d won't slow them This problem needs to be fixed.

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 08:40 PM
The are not the only team that are struggling on defense right now, its happening all over the league. The lack of training camp and OTAs is the reason for the slow start. Our defense will be fine by seasons end and So'oto coming back will help our pass rush more than you think.

Why are the offenses in sync?