PDA

View Full Version : Somebodies and nobodies

Harlan Huckleby
10-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Aaron Rodgers was off the hook, we can't say his name without bowing our heads, leave him out of the discussion.

Morgan Burnnett was somebody, again.
James Jones had two beautiful catches.

Starks didn't have a bad game, but he was nobody. He can do much better.
Eric Walden is nobody.

Newhouse was playing such a great player, Von Miller, that I can't tell if he is somebody. You know Von trained under Mike Sherman at Texas A&M

red
10-02-2011, 06:51 PM
jones had a good game, was it 2 or 3 nice catches?

but i'd like to see the replay of that int again. yest it was a horrible pass, but could jones have tried a little harder to get it? also after the int, he just stood there looking at the guy instead of touching him down

overall though, good game for him, showed very nice hands

Bossman641
10-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Walden has been a real disappointment. He locks on to ol like they are magnets

red
10-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Walden has been a real disappointment. He locks on to ol like they are magnets

i would almost have to say all 4 of our staring lb's have been real disappointments, even clay. what did he do, get off the juice this offseason?

Old School
10-02-2011, 07:06 PM
The idea the CMIII might be juiced was something I didn't want to think about, but I'm beginning to wonder. The effort is still there. He's a superior athlete. But he just isn't beating the tar out of people the way he did last year. Last year he banged on blockers arms until they could barely lift them. This tear is seems mostly speed rushes and second effort that comes up a little short.

But then can we single out Clay when there were too many times it looked like a 7 on 7 drill?

denverYooper
10-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Aaron Rodgers was off the hook, we can't say his name without bowing our heads, leave him out of the discussion.

Morgan Burnnett was somebody, again.
James Jones had two beautiful catches.

Starks didn't have a bad game, but he was nobody. He can do much better.
Eric Walden is nobody.

Newhouse was playing such a great player, Von Miller, that I can't tell if he is somebody. You know Von trained under Mike Sherman at Texas A&M

Everyone interviewed on the Denver post-game here also bowed their heads to ARod. Even the Denver coach.

Von Miller is for reals and could be the best SLB in the league eventually. They rushed him more than usual today, trying to get some heat on Rodgers.

pbmax
10-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Matthews was single teamed at the beginning of last year and he was lights out early. Then teams decided it wasn't a fluke and doubled him. That gave room to Jenkins, Raji and Jones/Zombo.

Walden seems fine with his bull rush containing a Tackle so the QB's pocket shrinks without giving him room to run, but he doesn't get off that technique fast enough for quick pressure. Jenkins is gone and Wynn is not quite him (plus Pickett has seen a lot of the nickel snaps). Raji seems lost on the shuffle.

Is it Jenkins? Well, the pass rush suffered similarly when teams started to DT Clay last year and multiple players made the O pay. This year they do seem a player short and all the rest are suffering.

Those blitzes are no longer exotic and teams know its Woodson coming, so Denver screened away from him. So its a whole bunch of things and having Jenkins would at least help.

I hold out the most hope for Zombo or So'oto on the OLB pass rush. Then maybe Neal can do something second half.