PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers makes NFL History!

mr_blonde
10-02-2011, 06:55 PM
First NFL player to throw for 400 yards, throw for 4 touchdowns and rush for 2 touchdowns in one game.

pbmax
10-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Almost Gale Sayers six touchdowns in one game. Pretty impressive.

gbgary
10-02-2011, 08:38 PM
he IS the man.

Brandon494
10-02-2011, 08:57 PM
But he throws his teammates under the bus...blah blah blah...I'm in love with Brett Favre's micro penis

pbmax
10-02-2011, 09:19 PM
He might have been worth the 24th pick of the draft.

MJZiggy
10-02-2011, 09:22 PM
He might have been worth the 24th pick of the draft.

I'm pretty sure you're right.

Joemailman
10-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Time will tell.

gbgary
10-02-2011, 09:27 PM
he must feel flynn breathing down his neck.

mission
10-02-2011, 09:40 PM
he must feel flynn breathing down his neck.

Rodgers might have more talent but I think Flynn is just a better fit at QB for the Packers.

(someone please dig up that thread after/during Patriots game so we can tar and feather the clowns who said that)

Partial
10-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Rodgers has been unreal. Continuing his playoff excellence into this season. Flynn is a talent. A JSO reporter said he was most improved in camp. He'll be a starter somewhere next year.

pbmax
10-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Rodgers might have more talent but I think Flynn is just a better fit at QB for the Packers.

(someone please dig up that thread after/during Patriots game so we can tar and feather the clowns who said that)

Ouch! :)

The truth would hurt there.

mission
10-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Ouch! :)

The truth would hurt there.

And I'm only in a jerk in good fun or I'd bump them myself. Judging by Partial's response, he probably had to be in on it though :lol:. Oh well.

Just amazing how awesome Rodgers is. Really been thinking about that tonight watching Flacco and Sanchez perform about as bad as I've ever seen an NFL QB--the difference is huge!!

Partial
10-02-2011, 10:44 PM
What's scary is with the team around ARod this isn't the pinnacle. He can do this consistently and have the occasional better game than this. So many weapons!

RashanGary
10-03-2011, 12:14 AM
What's scary is with the team around ARod this isn't the pinnacle. He can do this consistently and have the occasional better game than this. So many weapons!

It's sick. Honestly, it's kind of boring. I'm researching how many interceptions Woodson has and how close he is to breaking into the top 10-20 all time. . . . I'm basically rooting for stats. I don't even feel worried about losing.

And on defense. . . . It's crazy, but I'd rather we give up big plays than give up the run. Teams do tend to move on us in chunks, but that just puts our offense right back on the field and we're so dominant, we just wear teams down. If we were out there letting teams run on us, that would be 8 minute drives and closer games. The way we're going, our redzone offense is awesome and our redzone defense is really good. An up and down game really plays to our advantage.

Fosco33
10-03-2011, 08:19 AM
It's sick. Honestly, it's kind of boring. I'm researching how many interceptions Woodson has and how close he is to breaking into the top 10-20 all time. . . . I'm basically rooting for stats. I don't even feel worried about losing.

And on defense. . . . It's crazy, but I'd rather we give up big plays than give up the run. Teams do tend to move on us in chunks, but that just puts our offense right back on the field and we're so dominant, we just wear teams down. If we were out there letting teams run on us, that would be 8 minute drives and closer games. The way we're going, our redzone offense is awesome and our redzone defense is really good. An up and down game really plays to our advantage.

That's a really good point - if your RD Defense is tight and you are successful on offensive possessions - a fast game works. That TD at the half was a clinic.

In looking ahead - the next game we may lose would be 11/2 at SD. Chargers are decent at home and get much better as the year goes on (better than playing there in December). Scary.

Smeefers
10-03-2011, 08:40 AM

Yes, it IS crazy that you'd rather give up big plays than give up the run. We'd give our defense a chance to stop them on downs if we didn't keep giving up the big play. The goal of a defense isn't "Boy, we should let them score, so we can get on the field and score too."

Fosco33
10-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Ehhh - this Defense is by no means dominating. But we're as good/bad as most teams in terms of points. At least 10 teams have allowed more points - and another 6-8 are same as Pack. That's half the league.

The only other teams in our same spot regarding Score minus Allowed are the Ravens at (+62) and Lions (+59). Pack is +51.

Kiwon
10-03-2011, 10:16 AM
First NFL player to throw for 400 yards, throw for 4 touchdowns and rush for 2 touchdowns in one game.

Is there a link to this stat somewhere?

Smeefers
10-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Is there a link to this stat somewhere?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/32082/wrap-up-packers-49-broncos-23
It was reported by Kevin Siefert on ESPN. That's all I got.

Deputy Nutz
10-03-2011, 03:02 PM
But he throws his teammates under the bus...blah blah blah...I'm in love with Brett Favre's micro penis

Tell me about it.

Freak Out
10-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Rodgers will be one of the most dominant QBs in Packers history. Heard it here for the two million, one hundred thirty seventh time.

Upnorth
10-03-2011, 08:38 PM
If Rodgers at some point can even be mentioned in a realistic comparision to Starr we will be in the midst of a dynasty right now.