PDA

View Full Version : Driver could miss some time

Brando19
10-02-2011, 09:13 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/130948658.html

Looks like we'll know tomorrow how much (if any) time Driver will miss. I'm glad we have good depth at WR. This will give Jones and Cobb an opportunity to step up.

gbgary
10-02-2011, 09:26 PM
hyper extended it looked to me so i immediately thought acl or pcl. lucky guy if it's not an acl.

channtheman
10-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Oh nooooooo. I was actually a little disappointed to see him back in the game. He's just taking valuable reps from Cobb at this point.

red
10-02-2011, 10:11 PM
now that's a man

in obvious pain with what might be a serious knee injury

he basically rubbed some dirt on it and went back in and caught a td

a true packer great

smuggler
10-02-2011, 10:20 PM
I think he has a shin contusion. He may miss some time, but it's not something that will limit him. Just pain management.

jmbarnes101
10-02-2011, 10:27 PM
I wonder if he somehow knows it might be his last chance and playing at home wanted to go out on top.

MJZiggy
10-02-2011, 10:34 PM
I wonder if he somehow knows it might be his last chance and playing at home wanted to go out on top. I think at worst he has a bruised bone from the impact or a hyperflexed knee. I think we're overreacting and I don't think he'll be out more than a couple weeks much less a career.

pbmax
10-02-2011, 10:35 PM
I think he has a shin contusion. He may miss some time, but it's not something that will limit him. Just pain management.

Driver in the JSO report said they can't do an MRI at the stadium but the Doc agreed he couldn't do more damage. Doesn't sound just like a shin contusion.

Maybe why Ted caved and gave Jordy an extension? :lol:

swede
10-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Another freaky injury. My guess is a bursa sac, similar to Neal's. He got kicked near the knee cap in a way that was unlikely to do any injury to a structural part of the knee, other than the patellar tendon maybe. But that kick could have irritated the hell out of one the knee's bursa sacs. He'll be back in two weeks.

RashanGary
10-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Great career.

The way Cobb looks, 4 games from now, Driver is going to come back to a leadership / bench role.

mmmdk
10-03-2011, 06:36 AM
now that's a man

in obvious pain with what might be a serious knee injury

he basically rubbed some dirt on it and went back in and caught a td

a true packer great

:lol: Well put & DD will always bring a smile to beat the odds. Fabulous guy.

Smeefers
10-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Another freaky injury. My guess is a bursa sac, similar to Neal's. He got kicked near the knee cap in a way that was unlikely to do any injury to a structural part of the knee, other than the patellar tendon maybe. But that kick could have irritated the hell out of one the knee's bursa sacs. He'll be back in two weeks.

Looked like a bad case of the HIV to me.
-Doctor Smeefers.

KYPack
10-03-2011, 09:18 AM

It does sound like a bursa. A blow near the kneecap will pop a bursa pretty easily. A bursa is easily recognizable, seems like they would have commented about it right away if that's what it was.

Ballboy
10-03-2011, 09:38 AM
And why to the Packers have an MRI machine at the stadium....I thought that most teams already had this ability at their stadiums?

hoosier
10-03-2011, 09:55 AM
And why to the Packers have an MRI machine at the stadium....I thought that most teams already had this ability at their stadiums?

I doubt most NFL teams have MRI magnets on site. A new machine costs about a million bucks. As far as diagnosis goes, the dr. can usually ascertain torn ligaments just from testing the knee's stability by hand. And in many cases doing an MRI won't tell you much until the swelling goes down. So no reason to invest that much in something you really don't need.

gbgary
10-03-2011, 09:55 AM
And why don't the Packers have an MRI machine at the stadium....I thought that most teams already had this ability at their stadiums?

fixed. yep, i was surprised about that when i read it too. it's a very expensive machine though and if a facillity with one is nearby then it's probably no big deal.

Cheesehead Craig
10-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Looked like a bad case of the HIV to me.
-Doctor Smeefers.

Are you HIV positive about that?

Joemailman
10-03-2011, 04:51 PM
MM says Driver not in danger of missing game Sunday. Also, Grant cleared to practice. http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2011/10/03/mike-mccarthy-press-conference-highlights-8/

Smeefers
10-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Are you HIV positive about that?

Well, how else does he stay so skinny? He's lived in wisconsin forever now. He should be about the size of Taucher right now. Hmm, that's given me a good idea. I could start marketing the all new HIV diet. "Shed pounds like there's no tomorrow!"

gbgary
10-03-2011, 06:13 PM
MM says Driver not in danger of missing game Sunday. Also, Grant cleared to practice. http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2011/10/03/mike-mccarthy-press-conference-highlights-8/

nothing more than that huh? being secretive i guess. good news though.