PDA

View Full Version : Big Leads and Clifton

channtheman
10-03-2011, 10:38 AM
What do any of you rats think about the Packers subbing Clifton out of the game and letting Sherrod get some snaps in the 2nd half if the Packers have a big lead, as we did yesterday?

Clifton would play all of the first half, but then Sherrod could start the second half only if we are up by 3 TD's or something. This would give Clifton rest (which he definitely needs) and Sherrod valuable snaps in games that we probably have won. The only possible downside is if Sherrod sucks and gets Rodgers hurt.

What do you guys think?

pbmax
10-03-2011, 10:40 AM
I think Clifton plays better the more he plays, but his knees complain about too much work during the week.

The last two weeks he has been kicked in the shin apparently, so I am not sure its something likely to be repeated. I would only put Sherrod out there with Flynn and other backups for right now.

HarveyWallbangers
10-03-2011, 10:42 AM
I would only put Sherrod out there with Flynn and other backups for right now.

This. Don't trust him enough not to get Rodgers killed.

red
10-03-2011, 10:55 AM
yup at this point i would only sub sherrod in if rodgers was also coming out of the game

no reason to take any chances with a-rods blind side unless we really have to

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Yes. Agree that CC gets better with playing time. But Sherrod also needs reps.

hoosier
10-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Unless the Packers do an upgrade on their defense, a 21 point lead in the third quarter should not be considered safe.

bobblehead
10-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Sherrod can get snaps in the offseason camps and activities. Improving to the point he can be trusted is on him. Game experience is nice and in the right situation its a good thing, but putting a guy in a blowout game when he didn't practice with the first team all week sets him up for failure. I think this could damage his confidence just as much as benefit his experience....and could get Rodgers killed if he isn't ready.