PDA

View Full Version : Twitter Trouble

Joemailman
10-03-2011, 04:43 PM
A frustrated Bernard Berrian tweeted this to a fan last night:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bernard-Berrian-tells-legless-Iraq-war-vet-sit-down-n-shut-up.html

“@johnkriesel Anytime u wanna watch the film with me. Not just one game but all of them. And if not sit down n shut up!!”

Turns out Kriesel is a legless Iraq War veteran. He is also a Minnesota State Reperesentative. This might not help the Vikings get their stadium deal passed.

Zool
10-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Aren't you supposed to be not terrible when you start talking shit in Twitter?

red
10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
so, just because he stepped on a land mine that makes him some kind of football expert?

denverYooper
10-03-2011, 05:41 PM
The guy was right though. Berrian is terrible.

Smeefers
10-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Even if he was right, it doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to take some shit back. Being a wounded vet doesn't give you a "free to be an asshole" card. I'm all about respecting vets, but him being one doesn't even figure into this case. Berrian is playing terrible. Some dude called him out and he got some back from Berrian. That's the end of it. It's a non-story. It's not like Berrian's going around to VA centers, kicking the crutches out from under guys. He got in a shouting match with some dude. If anything, I think all this publicity on this is a disservice to the the vet. People focus on his disability, which has nothing to do with what he said.

Fritz
10-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Maybe he'll challenge the guy to a foot race.

Joemailman
10-03-2011, 05:59 PM
I think the bigger issue is that you probably don't want your players telling a fan on Twitter to shut up. You have no way of knowing who it is you are talking to.

pbmax
10-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Berrian is an idiot.

But to the State Rep's credit, he said they were both insulting each other and he did not take it personally. Better headline than story.

Joemailman
10-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Berrian is an idiot.

But to the State Rep's credit, he said they were both insulting each other and he did not take it personally. Better headline than story.

I agree. The problem from the Vikings perspective is they don't need any more bad headlines. They've had more than their share in the last year.

MadtownPacker
10-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Haha! Hella stupid fool!

pbmax
10-03-2011, 06:34 PM

I bet the rep could cover him.

Freak Out
10-03-2011, 06:37 PM
I bet the rep could cover him.

Man... :) I hope someone tweeted that to Berrian.

bobblehead
10-03-2011, 07:55 PM
I think the irony here is that he told a guy with no legs to "sit down".