PDA

View Full Version : QB pressure

Upnorth
10-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Just 2 years ago AROD was sacked 51 times and hit another 93 times. Last year was 38 sacks and 67 hits. This year it is 7 sacks and 12 hits so far, or 28 and 48 for the year at this pace. What an amazing turn around and if the line can keep up this level of play (don't you dare get hurt Mr Clifton) I think we will continue to dominate on offense. We have faced two high pressure d's, NO and CHI, and two who are considered in the top half for pressure, DEN and CAR. Our line looks dominate in the pass game. Further our running game is top 10 in efficency measures.
We have a lot of good to great skill players, but is the improved line play a larger part of our offensive dominance than we give it credit for?

Poor Sam Bradford is at 19 sacks and 41 hits already. Hope he doesn't get hit into being another David Carr, that is Cutlers job.

bobblehead
10-03-2011, 07:53 PM
YOung QB's (or first year starters) hold the ball too long. The line isn't really THAT much different. Bradford will improve in this area as well. Its the nature of the beast.

Guiness
10-03-2011, 07:58 PM
YOung QB's (or first year starters) hold the ball too long. The line isn't really THAT much different. Bradford will improve in this area as well. Its the nature of the beast.

He should but the reference to Carr is valid - it seemed like the more he got hit, the more he held on to the ball. There's not much for WR's in St-Louis, what little of seen of Bradford this year didn't convince me he was being decisive.

gbgary
10-03-2011, 10:05 PM
i think it's a combination of things...better qb play, better line play, and more weapons for the other team to have to concern themselves with. the no-huddle might play a small part too.

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 11:31 PM
No Colledge plus better run game.

Fritz
10-07-2011, 05:59 AM
I do like this offensive line, better than anyone I've seen in GB since the Clifton/Wahle/Flanagan/Rivera/Tauscher lines of several years ago. It took TT a long time to get this right but he finally did.

Now if he can find someone to put some heat on the passer opposite Matthews.

Pugger
10-07-2011, 07:35 AM
I do like this offensive line, better than anyone I've seen in GB since the Clifton/Wahle/Flanagan/Rivera/Tauscher lines of several years ago. It took TT a long time to get this right but he finally did.

Now if he can find someone to put some heat on the passer opposite Matthews.

This.

Fritz
10-07-2011, 08:12 AM
I wonder if Skinbasket likes sacks?

Deputy Nutz
10-07-2011, 08:14 AM
I know for fact that sacks really fire him up.

Upnorth
10-10-2011, 08:52 AM
So it looks like without buluga and clifton 4 sacks in just over 1/2 a game. Rodgers did overcome the occassionaly poor protection and it seemed that MM adjusted by moving the pocket more. Sherrod played better than feared and Newhouse was okay at L T..

Teamcheez1
10-10-2011, 09:21 AM
So it looks like without buluga and clifton 4 sacks in just over 1/2 a game. Rodgers did overcome the occassionaly poor protection and it seemed that MM adjusted by moving the pocket more. Sherrod played better than feared and Newhouse was okay at L T..

I do believe Sherrod gave up a sack. On two of the others, Lang completely whiffed on his block, on the other DJ Williams lets Peterson go untouched around the end to track Rodgers down on a rollout.

Sherrod and Newhouse acquitted themeslves very well in this game.