PDA

View Full Version : When Will The Packers Lose?

Joemailman
10-03-2011, 08:36 PM
When will the Packers lose their first game?

hoosier
10-03-2011, 08:38 PM
October....2012.

:-)

Upnorth
10-03-2011, 08:38 PM
August 2012 hopefully.

Honestly Atlanta, SD. Det, Giants and Oak look like they could be tough. If we beat @det I will be very impressed. We can beat all of these teams realistically.

rbaloha1
10-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Chargers

gbgary
10-03-2011, 09:57 PM
sixth game of next season.

edit: dang it! too many people on the same wave length here.

Bretsky
10-03-2011, 10:06 PM
it will be the game I go out drinking hard the night before and forget to start the game day thread :)

Upnorth
10-03-2011, 10:19 PM
it will be the game I go out drinking hard the night before and forget to start the game day thread :)

Hey everyone, Bretsky just quit drinking (if he knows what's good for him, understand!)

mission
10-03-2011, 10:22 PM
i picked them 11-5 or 12-4 or something, but just can't honestly look at a single game and call a loss.

so no vote :lol:

MadtownPacker
10-03-2011, 10:48 PM
When will the Packers lose their first game?
After some ass goes and makes a poll that jinxes them.

Tony Oday
10-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Vikes suck so they will.

CaliforniaCheez
10-04-2011, 12:30 AM
After some ass goes and makes a poll that jinxes them.

This.

pbmax
10-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Hey everyone, Bretsky just quit drinking (if he knows what's good for him, understand!)

Are you crazy? He's a man, not a machine!

Old School
10-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Why would I want to cast a vote for a Packer loss? I hope they win 'em all.

Joemailman
10-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Why would I want to cast a vote for a Packer loss? I hope they win 'em all.

That is an option in the poll. :cow:

Gunakor
10-04-2011, 05:33 PM

Congrats B!

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Didn't I just get raked over the coals last week for blasting Packer fan for "16-0" remarks?

mmmdk
10-04-2011, 07:33 PM
On Thanksgiving day.

LEWCWA
10-06-2011, 04:38 PM
This is the week. barn burner but this time the D really screws the pooch. But this will be good for them going forward.

Partial
10-07-2011, 12:19 AM
There is a good chance this week. I'm undefeated in a Packers sweatshirt I got for Christmas last year. I have only worn it on gamedays and I didn't wash it until after they won the superbowl. I was cold earlier in the week so I put it on. If they lose, blame me.

Freak Out
10-07-2011, 12:27 AM
The old sweatshirt wammy.....Partial you fucked them.

Fritz
10-07-2011, 05:33 AM

Then you need to limit your alcohol consumption. Take one for the team, Bretsky!

KalamazooPackerFan
10-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Is there a "I have no clue but it's bound to happen" option? All the games look winnable through my green and gold colored glasses but that's why I don't participate in our office pool anymore. In my heart I'm constitutionally incapable of believeing the Packers will lose any games even though myhead knows differently.

MadtownPacker
10-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Is there a "I have no clue but it's bound to happen" option? All the games look winnable through my green and gold colored glasses but that's why I don't participate in our office pool anymore. In my heart I'm constitutionally incapable of believeing the Packers will lose any games even though myhead knows differently.
I like this attitude. To me the real question is, do you even want to go undefeated? I have to believe it starts to become a focus which could be a problem.

Joemailman
10-27-2011, 05:22 PM
7 out of 35 have been eliminated. Brando19, LEWCWA, MadtownPacker, shammye06 and Tarlam had Pack losing at Atlanta. Tony Oday and Zool had Pack losing at Minnesota. 8 people have the Pack losing at San Diego.

bobblehead
10-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Never. We will win the next 16 superbowls at which point genetic engineering will render pro sports pointless. The packers and the nfl will shut down with the Packers the undisputed best sports franchise EVER!!

MadtownPacker
10-27-2011, 05:45 PM
The packers and the nfl will shut down with the Packers the undisputed best sports franchise EVER!!

Stupid lockout could have made that a reality.

Guiness
10-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Wow, looking at the sched, it's hard to see it. Not a lot of scary stuff there anymore. Detroit has lost 2 in a row at home, taking some lustre off of them. We've already won @Chicago. Oakland or KC? Not unless we have a letdown.

There are two games to really look at: @SD and Tampa. Rivers isn't having a great year, but the Chargers got off to an uncharacteristically good start despite that. Their pass D will be the best test of our offense yet. Tampa hasn't been stellar.

Other than SD's pass D giving us trouble, I just don't see a lot that's going to cause us trouble.

Guiness
10-27-2011, 05:50 PM

Lockout WILL make that a reality in the NBA is those morons don't get their shit together. Both sides.

woodbuck27
10-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Well the way Atlanta looks, along with a sinking Detroit, loads of trouble there.The big test will be in San Diego and we will be favourites to win there too. We will win.

In reality it's just this simple. It's one week one game a a time. The team has to stay real and focuses and play each game like it's a sudden death payoff game or better for 'the SUPER BOWL. That's the mindset each Packer player should be conditioned to think in. The leadership in that locker room has to be cool and confident and that will filter on down to all of the roster.

Packers should go 16-0.

Packers going 16 and Zip in 2011 !! Count on it.

Brando19
10-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Well the way Atlanta looks along with a sinking Detroit.The big test will be in San Diego and we will be favourites to win there too.

Packers should go 16-0.

Now ...I'm a tad concerned over OUR game with Carolina (checking that ?). That game has to be taken very seriously. Carolina is a team that seems to be rising. They would sure enjoy an upset over us.

We beat Carolina in week 2.

woodbuck27
10-27-2011, 06:52 PM

Yup! What was really gained by that stupid, no, 'really stupid' move by the owners? All it did is do just what we are seeing! Set the NFL players up for a load of serious injuries and how many will actually suffer career ending injuries. I hated that silly lockout. Of course I'm always for the little guy. I'm blue collar all the way and I've never observed much common sense on the management side.

PackerRats excuded 'of course'.

This place is going to get right where I believe it deserves to go. To grow it's membership alot.

Serious injuries in 2011 ! I called that way back. It just makes no sense to set your employees on the dock bench's when there are so many ships coming into port to unload.

Packers for 16 and Zip! in 2011. 'A LOCK'.

hoosier
10-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Wow, looking at the sched, it's hard to see it. Not a lot of scary stuff there anymore. Detroit has lost 2 in a row at home, taking some lustre off of them. We've already won @Chicago. Oakland or KC? Not unless we have a letdown.

There are two games to really look at: @SD and Tampa. Rivers isn't having a great year, but the Chargers got off to an uncharacteristically good start despite that. Their pass D will be the best test of our offense yet. Tampa hasn't been stellar.

Other than SD's pass D giving us trouble, I just don't see a lot that's going to cause us trouble.

Agree that @SD is the toughest game remaining on paper. But @NYG and @Det will be tough no matter what. Playing in Det almost always is, even against bad Det teams. All of that aside, my instinct is the Pack is just as likely to lose one of its games against a team it should beat, e.g., @KC.

woodbuck27
10-27-2011, 07:02 PM
We beat Carolina in week 2.

Yes. I revised my post but you were right on it. Thatteam is a bit scary now.Glad we got it domne early with 'the Panthers'. In history or back awhile. That team (the Carolina Panthers) always bothered me as a Packer fan. They seemed somehow to get us alot more than I thought they really deserved to.

GO PACKERS!

woodbuck27
10-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Well the way Atlanta looks, along with a sinking Detroit, loads of trouble there.The big test will be in San Diego and we will be favourites to win there too. We will win.

In reality it's just this simple. It's one week one game a a time. The team has to stay real and focuses and play each game like it's a sudden death payoff game or better for 'the SUPER BOWL. That's the mindset each Packer player should be conditioned to think in. The leadership in that locker room has to be cool and confident and that will filter on down to all of the roster.

Packers should go 16-0.

Packers going 16 and Zip in 2011 !! Count on it.

Somehow I missed the VOTE so add one more to the ten others here that voted for 16 and ZERO.

PACKERRS for 16 and ZERO. That's not being Cocky. I just really believe they will do that (16-0). Now if we lose any more key players that will get really dicy; but the Program in Green Bay since TT got here is finally showing off it's merits.

Nice job Ted Thompson and the Green Bay Packers Coaching Staff and 'of course' the Packer leaders in the clubhouse and anyone that totally bought in.**

**On that note.

**All you PackerRats that always supported OUR teams GM Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy and the rest of OUR Coach's.

I lower my head to Y'all. If I really pissed any of ytou off as I took a hard stance otherwise. I was 'only' calling it as I saw it then. I take my molasses out of the refrigerator a spell before I try to pour it on my pancakes. So I'm saying thatin terms of some things I get impatient. I hate losing. I seldom have experienced such a thing as seeing my Packers loose so often with Favre behind center.

TT was my scapegoat. I was wrong.

GO Ted Thompson....and MM and Coach's and the Green Bay Packer Players.

channtheman
10-27-2011, 08:50 PM
I know I voted 16-0, but the loss is coming @San Diego and here is why. My dad is going to this game without me. The last 2 games he has gone to without me were @Tampa Bay in 2009 (loss) and Miami last year (loss). The last two he has gone to with me were Chicago last year (must win) and @Atlanta (huge playoff win). The Packers always lose when my dad goes to games without me, so get ready to be upset, or if you're like me, anticipate it and get it out of your system now. 7-1 isn't bad.

Gunakor
10-28-2011, 12:41 AM
I know I voted 16-0, but the loss is coming @San Diego and here is why. My dad is going to this game without me. The last 2 games he has gone to without me were @Tampa Bay in 2009 (loss) and Miami last year (loss). The last two he has gone to with me were Chicago last year (must win) and @Atlanta (huge playoff win). The Packers always lose when my dad goes to games without me, so get ready to be upset, or if you're like me, anticipate it and get it out of your system now. 7-1 isn't bad.

Love thy Father, but love thy Packers more. Take his ticket. YOU go without HIM. All this needless and unnecessary embarrassment at the hands of Philip Rivers... It doesn't have to go down this way. We're counting on you Chann. Should the Packers beat San Diego and cruise through the rest of the season, they'll be 14-0 at Christmas and all will be forgiven. It's for the greater good. Do the right thing.

Pugger
10-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Lockout WILL make that a reality in the NBA is those morons don't get their shit together. Both sides.

And I don't see an outcry by the fans about that lockout either. Except for a few diehards most folks don't give a rip about the NBA.

HarveyWallbangers
10-28-2011, 07:48 AM

To counter this jinx, I'll offer this up. The Packers were 10-0 (11-0 counting a preseason game) at Lambeau until I went to see the Packers-Steelers in 2005 with my best friend (Steelers fan). The Packers lost. Streaks were made to be broken.

Joemailman
11-21-2011, 05:18 PM
8 people, including yours truly, have the packers losing this week at Detroit. 15 have been eliminated.

denverYooper
11-21-2011, 05:39 PM
8 people, including yours truly, have the packers losing this week at Detroit. 15 have been eliminated.

Looks like 8 more will be eliminated soon.

MadtownPacker
11-21-2011, 07:11 PM
You deserve to get whacked just for bumping this shit.

Joemailman
11-21-2011, 07:22 PM
You deserve to get whacked just for bumping this shit.

Why? Packers are 6-0 since I started this thread. :pack: Bretsky has the Whammy. I have the When Will They lose thread.

Or are you just mad (no pun intended) because you picked them to lose at Atlanta? :taunt:

MadtownPacker
11-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Why? Packers are 6-0 since I started this thread. :pack: Bretsky has the Whammy. I have the When Will They lose thread.

Or are you just mad (no pun intended) because you picked them to lose at Atlanta? :taunt:
I believe I clicked it to counter act your jinx since that was the next game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPWhvcCL3zs

pbmax
11-21-2011, 09:11 PM
RG was still drinking the kool-aid for this pool. Probably begrudgingly, but sipping it none-the-less.

Upnorth
11-21-2011, 10:03 PM
So I still think it will be august 2012.

Joemailman
12-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Today! :-x

pbmax
12-18-2011, 08:48 PM
gbgary and Old School win for "Other".