PDA

View Full Version : Prison Break

GrnBay007
08-14-2006, 10:50 PM
It's been about 6 yrs. since I've had time or interest in watching a series on TV. Just don't watch TV much and I'm usually not home early evenings or too busy around the house. I saw the series Prison Break advertised last fall and thought it might be something I'd like. Well, as things go, I saw about 2 shows and that was it. Season 1 is out on dvd now and I rented the first two over the weekend.........now I'm so hooked.....lol I found out season 2 starts next monday so I'm trying to watch all of them to get caught up. Anyone else watch the series and like it? It's addictive.

GoPackGo
08-15-2006, 12:18 AM
I like Prison Break. Its funny rooting for guys in the clink to stick it to the man.

GBRulz
08-15-2006, 12:50 AM
I watched the last two episodes last year and am already hooked. I plan on watching it this season.

Can't wait for 24 to start !!! Oh China !!!

Pack0514
08-15-2006, 09:39 AM
I have to admit...... I'm hooked on LOST...... If anyone knows what the hell is going on on that show, Please let me know.

woodbuck27
08-15-2006, 11:05 AM
A very decent show that I got into late in the season.

Glad for you that you found something on TV as there isn't alot to really enjoy besides some of the reality series's. I love Survivor.

Fosco33
08-15-2006, 11:46 AM
I guess I watch too much TV - I love 24 and got into LOST last year. I've watched all of Prison Break and have to admit its a very addictive show. I even met the girl character (lawyer) at Disneyland last year (the girl from the Craft movie).

The only thing I don't like is that unlike 24 - LOST and Prison Break can end a story w/o tying up loose ends.

GrnBay007
08-15-2006, 01:42 PM
The only thing I don't like is that unlike 24 - LOST and Prison Break can end a story w/o tying up loose ends.

That's one of the main things that keeps you coming back from week to week. I have 6 more shows to watch to be all caught up before the new season starts next Monday. I will say it's been nice watching them on dvd....no commercials and you can watch as much as you want at a time. Now that I'm this far into it though I'll have to watch each week from now on.

Man that sex offender/murderer is a sleezbag!

Partial
08-15-2006, 01:44 PM
I have to admit...... I'm hooked on LOST...... If anyone knows what the hell is going on on that show, Please let me know.

Best. Show. EVER! Especially season one. Its kind of weird/lame as more secrets get revealed in my opinion, but the season finale was very exhilerating!!

Pack0514
08-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Best. Show. EVER! Especially season one. Its kind of weird/lame as more secrets get revealed in my opinion, but the season finale was very exhilerating!!

Season 1 was better than Season 2 but I am still hooked. So many questions about that show. I just have to keep coming back for more. Now that the "others" have Jack, Sawyer, and Kate, what are they going to do with them? Also, now that the others let Micheal and Walt go, where are they going to go? I know the others give Micheal coordinates to go home but WTF? Also, the people at the monitoring station at the end of Season 2...... I dont know, I cant wait for Season 3. :?: :?: :?:

Fosco33
08-15-2006, 05:42 PM

Season 1 was better than Season 2 but I am still hooked. So many questions about that show. I just have to keep coming back for more. Now that the "others" have Jack, Sawyer, and Kate, what are they going to do with them? Also, now that the others let Micheal and Walt go, where are they going to go? I know the others give Micheal coordinates to go home but WTF? Also, the people at the monitoring station at the end of Season 2...... I dont know, I cant wait for Season 3. :?: :?: :?:

The monitoring people were to locate the island (magnetic blips). I think w/ the swan station destroyed, that a lot of the weird things (black fog monster) could get out of control. I think Jack, Sawyer and Kate are going to be part of the overall social experiment going on w/ the island (they seem to be more pyschological - whereas Walt and others are more scientific experiments). Season 3 is gonna be nuts.

BallHawk
08-15-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm hooked on 24. It's unrealistic at times, but what show isn't, nowadays?

"Hello, Jack. You're cell phone has worked on a fucking airplane all season, but now all the bad days guys are dead, we're gonna make you use a landline." WTF? Ah, Curtis will get those chineese bastards."

I love Treasure Hunters. I'm the biggest nerd for history and geography. I eat that stuff up. Go AIR FORCE!

It isn't on in America, but you must get THE OFFICE UK EDITION. It kicks the shit out of the American one. Ricky Gervais is hillarious, as David Brent. That's the guy in Nutz's avatar. It's a must see.

House is good, even though most Americans don't realize the guy that plays him, Hugh Laurie, is a british comedian.

Hell's Kitchen is pretty good.

I'm a big Without a Trace fan.

If you're into crime and mystery drama's then get british ones. All the American ones are dumbed down for the appropiate audiene IQ. The British ones are much more complex and entertaining. CSI IS THE BIGGEST BULLSHIT EVER.

"Ok, we''ll but a sperm sample in the machine and we'll be able to tell who the killer is. And when we find it the word "MATCH" will blink in big red letters."

:roll:

esoxx
08-15-2006, 10:09 PM
The only thing I know about "Prison Break" is my wife told me this evening about a commercial she saw for it that showed this "very hot" guy with a shaved head. She hasn't watched the show either but apparently this may change. You ladies help me out, is there some sexy hot prisoner that is the main actor in this thing or something? I never thought of a prison show as featuring sexy characters, just sex in the showers. :lol:

GrnBay007
08-15-2006, 10:59 PM
That would be one of these two guys! :razz:
They are brothers in the show.

http://www.fox.com/prisonbreak/images/pb_main_bio_lincoln_over.gif

http://www.fox.com/prisonbreak/images/pb_main_bio_michael_over.gif

the_idle_threat
08-15-2006, 11:22 PM
They are the reason all these gals are watching. :razz: :razz: :razz:

esoxx
08-16-2006, 12:36 AM
I think Lincoln Burrows and his bro just got another viewer. My wife that is! :shock:

Tarlam!
08-16-2006, 05:58 AM
Best show ever made for me is Northern Exposure.

I absolutely love that show. In Germany, they have only ever brought the first season out on DVD. Do you guys know if they did more in the USA?

GrnBay007
08-16-2006, 11:34 PM
I think Lincoln Burrows and his bro just got another viewer. My wife that is! :shock:

She has good taste! :razz:

Whewww...just watched the last 2 episodes from season 1 so I can be ready for season 2....lol 21 episodes in 4 days! ok ok, I become a bit of a fanatic at times. :oops:

Esoxx, be a sweetie to your wife and at least go out and rent the last dvd so she can be ready to watch the new season. Actually you should get her the 1st (1-4) and the last so she knows what's going on.

Bretsky
08-17-2006, 12:19 AM

She has good taste! :razz:

Whewww...just watched the last 2 episodes from season 1 so I can be ready for season 2....lol 21 episodes in 4 days! ok ok, I become a bit of a fanatic at times. :oops:

Esoxx, be a sweetie to your wife and at least go out and rent the last dvd so she can be ready to watch the new season. Actually you should get her the 1st (1-4) and the last so she knows what's going on.

"Sweetie" to the wife ? Part of survival in marriage is being a sweetie to the wife; do don't need to add DVD rentals to that criteria :wink:

GrnBay007
08-17-2006, 12:50 AM
LOL @ survival.

esoxx
08-17-2006, 11:01 PM
I have to admit...when the show first came out and was being advertised (a lot during FOX NFL games) it struck me funny... "Prison Break". I'm thinking, yeah, that will last long. I mean, how many times do you see anyone breaking out of a maximum security prison nowadays? It's not exactly a "Hogan's Heros" type setting in the Big House.

So, during those early commercials, I'm thinking they try to break out the first week, get caught, and get thrown into solitary confinement for two years. Yeah, that's a heck of show. :lol:

Obviously there's more to it than trying to break out of prison every week, ala Hogan's Heros.

GrnBay007
08-17-2006, 11:12 PM
I have to admit...when the show first came out and was being advertised (a lot during FOX NFL games) it struck me funny... "Prison Break". I'm thinking, yeah, that will last long. I mean, how many times do you see anyone breaking out of a maximum security prison nowadays? It's not exactly a "Hogan's Heros" type setting in the Big House.

So, during those early commercials, I'm thinking they try to break out the first week, get caught, and get thrown into solitary confinement for two years. Yeah, that's a heck of show. :lol:

Obviously there's more to it than trying to break out of prison every week, ala Hogan's Heros.

There's a whole conspiracy thing going on too and a couple of other story lines.

Actually two lifers escaped from Fort Madison (Iowa) maximum security penitentiary not even a year ago. Maybe they got some ideas from the show. :wink: They were found about a week later...one in Illinois and one in Missouri.

esoxx
08-17-2006, 11:17 PM
I'll probably have to get the DVD to get caught up on what's happening. And here my wife was just over her Vin Diesel crush and now this comes along!

GrnBay007
08-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Season 2 episode 1 starts in 8 minutes!! I'm so excited!!!!! :razz: