PDA

View Full Version : Whats the call again?

Upnorth
10-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Has anyone figured out the penalty we got when Cobb was interfered with and the teams were switching from special teams to offense?
Both mistakes look so blatant, and did a ref just loose a job?

Ballboy
10-10-2011, 09:54 AM
only thing I saw was one of the coaches ran on the field as well, not sure if that matters.

Freak Out
10-10-2011, 10:59 AM
First...that was a good non call.....Cobb waved it off late and the guy did a hell of a job not running into him.

I think the call was to many players in the huddle? Or was that the later call?

pbmax
10-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Substitution foul, I thought was what was announced.

Upnorth
10-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Substitution foul, I thought was what was announced.

I believe this is what was annouced as well. However one a play is dead and special teams are leaving the field with the team offence coming on the field how can that be a substition penalty.

Also I disagree with you freak out about it being a good non-call, it looked like a no brainer since he had waived it off and still got hit. The coverman was still charging after his hand is waiving in the air real time and in slo mo. However I have not seen that since last night either so My memory maybe clouded (too much turkey).

Brandon494
10-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Home field call, I think they just felt bad for the Falcons defense.

billy_oliver880
10-10-2011, 11:19 AM
It had to be for Slocum running on the field.....otherwise I don't get it. It had to have been made up.

mraynrand
10-10-2011, 11:26 AM
It was an unsportsmanlike conduct for a coach on the field - that's what was announced as I recall. I thought the deal with Cobb was a good no call - he signaled the fair catch very late, the ATL ST player made every effort to avoid him, and he caught the ball cleanly. The conduct penalty was kinda silly, but probably technically correct.

ThunderDan
10-10-2011, 11:32 AM
It was an unsportsmanlike conduct for a coach on the field - that's what was announced as I recall. I thought the deal with Cobb was a good no call - he signaled the fair catch very late, the ATL ST player made every effort to avoid him, and he caught the ball cleanly. The conduct penalty was kinda silly, but probably technically correct.

If that really was on Slocum for being on the field they can call that every week on every team. Totally bogus call.

Upnorth
10-10-2011, 12:01 PM
If it was slocums fault can we fire him now? Please can we huh?

gbgary
10-10-2011, 12:07 PM
First...that was a good non call.....Cobb waved it off late and the guy did a hell of a job not running into him.

I think the call was to many players in the huddle? Or was that the later call?

yep...that was later. commentators said AR pleaded that he wasn't in the huddle yet so it shouldn't have been called.

channtheman
10-10-2011, 01:07 PM
yep...that was later. commentators said AR pleaded that he wasn't in the huddle yet so it shouldn't have been called.

Nelson wasn't in the huddle either on that penalty. Refs were bad last night, plain and simple.

I have a question about the no call on the fair catch interference as well though. If Cobb had muffed that due to being run into, are the official saying that that would have been a legitimate muffed punt?

TravisWilliams23
10-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Here's what I found on the NFL network about the penalty.

The call was unsportsmanlike conduct. Penalty called on GB bench for coming onto the field, after the play was ending. Apparently they received 3 warnings from officials.

Watching the replay, I don't know what the hell the ref's expect the Packers to do after a fair catch and the ref's throw flags and signal the play is over. They must expect them to raise their hand and say "may we please come onto the field with our offense now?" Total bullshit call.

Ballboy
10-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Here's what I found on the NFL network about the penalty.

The call was unsportsmanlike conduct. Penalty called on GB bench for coming onto the field, after the play was ending. Apparently they received 3 warnings from officials.

Watching the replay, I don't know what the hell the ref's expect the Packers to do after a fair catch and the ref's throw flags and signal the play is over. They must expect them to raise their hand and say "may we please come onto the field with our offense now?" Total bullshit call.

yes, and then when the players are late on the field give us a delay of game call as the play clock started shortly after the whislte!!!

smuggler
10-11-2011, 01:17 AM
It was a bogus call. They should never make that call. The too-many-men in the huddle penalty was more legitimate, and it was technically wrong also.

Old School
10-11-2011, 08:38 AM
From what McCarthy said, they had three warnings for a "boundary violation". I remember seeing him running, waving, and yelling for the players to get back behind the line at one point. This boundary enforcement is probably the result of the Jets cheating on punts.

The thing I'd like to see enforced is flagging the first guy in an altercation. Flagging Hawk because the Atlanta player put on some Acadamy Award performance makes the refs look guilible.

Pugger
10-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Did the referee explain the reason for the unsportsman penalty during the game? Neither Micheals or Collinsworth had a clue why we were flaged at the time.

Upnorth
10-11-2011, 10:41 AM
If we don't get a letter from the league in apology I will be amazed.

I would also like to mention that I am convinced every time we have had an incompletion the ref's missed a pass interferance or late hit or some foul on the opposing d. Same with everytime our d allows a completion, the ref's missed a hold. I wont say I am biased, but the ref's cheat against us. Am I right or am I right??

denverYooper
10-11-2011, 11:16 AM

I would also like to mention that I am convinced every time we have had an incompletion the ref's missed a pass interferance or late hit or some foul on the opposing d. Same with everytime our d allows a completion, the ref's missed a hold. I wont say I am biased, but the ref's cheat against us. Am I right or am I right??

They just feel bad for the other team because Green Bay is clearly better.

ThunderDan
10-11-2011, 11:54 AM

The refs were horrible on Sunday night. And I don't mean that from a biased standpoint. I thought the calls evened out thru the game but that was a terrible job. The refs lost control of the game.