PDA

View Full Version : Take a knee please.....

PA Pack Fan
10-13-2011, 01:35 PM
....Cobb. You can't run every kickoff back.

Tony Oday
10-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Get to the 15 and i think the risk reward is worth him returning.

sheepshead
10-13-2011, 01:55 PM
agree with Tony. This is uncharted territory. Let the kid go. Look at it in the off season.

MadScientist
10-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Get to the 15 and i think the risk reward is worth him returning.
Aren't you forgetting who is coaching the blockers? No need to put the offense in a worse hole than it has to be in.

HarveyWallbangers
10-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Wasn't this the first game he was tackled inside the 20? I thought I read that stat on JSO.

King Friday
10-13-2011, 07:13 PM
What difference does it make for our offense starting at the 20 or the 15? Seems to me that our offense has been extremely successful on drives of 80+ yards this season.

The kid has the ability to bust a long one at any time. I have no issues with him bringing out one from 6-8 yards deep.

Joemailman
10-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Fix the back-side blocking. Don't put the handcuffs on a dynamic young player.

gbgary
10-13-2011, 07:40 PM
i'm more afraid of him getting killed (fumbles too) on punt returns

Fritz
10-14-2011, 07:04 AM
I was just thinking it's been a while since we've had a good "Fire Slocum" thread around here.

How do the special teams rank so far this year? Is there any way to tell, or do we have to wait for the Dallas Morning News rankings at the end of the season?

Upnorth
10-14-2011, 08:20 AM
One kinda started two or three weeks ago, but some people defended scrotum. I say fire the bum. We have a great kicker and returner yet with out good schemes we are still in the bottom half. To me that is on choaching.

PA Pack Fan
10-14-2011, 09:27 AM
agree with Tony. This is uncharted territory. Let the kid go. Look at it in the off season.

If it's 2 or less yards over the goal line, ok. But 5-7 yards deep, the tradeoff of possiblely losing your soon to be #3 reciever because of violent collisions is simply not worth it. A-Rod is having no troubles marching the ball right down the field and scoring. We really don't need any special teams miracles, as of yet.

Start at the 20, save your reciever, and win the game anyway.

bobblehead
10-14-2011, 09:49 AM
What difference does it make for our offense starting at the 20 or the 15? Seems to me that our offense has been extremely successful on drives of 80+ yards this season.

The kid has the ability to bust a long one at any time. I have no issues with him bringing out one from 6-8 yards deep.

the big difference is on the rare occasion that our Offense has a bad drive. If we go 3 and out with a sack we are punting from the endzone and putting a lot of pressure on the D. Is the risk vs. reward worth it? Not sure. I have only seen him break one so far, so maybe, maybe not at this point.

pbmax
10-15-2011, 10:37 AM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

Ranked 18th so far. Better than a 10 slot improvement over previous years. Both punt units behind the KO units, with Punt returns being the worst feature.

MadtownPacker
10-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Hell no dont take a knee. Run that shit out if you feel good about it.

Unless it's my imagination it seems like there are more big yardage returns on games league wide with this rule. It is exciting to watch Cobb take off. Worth all risk IMO.

And if he gets gets hurt guess what TT will find someone else. Damn thats dude is bad.

MadtownPacker
10-15-2011, 11:57 AM
the big difference is on the rare occasion that our Offense has a bad drive. If we go 3 and out with a sack we are punting from the endzone and putting a lot of pressure on the D. Is the risk vs. reward worth it? Not sure. I have only seen him break one so far, so maybe, maybe not at this point.
Fuck risk. As at it stands right now this is really just the offense adding more yardage to their stats. A 85 yard drive really only hurts the opponents because the O ends up scoring anyways and wasting more time.

pbmax
10-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Hell no dont take a knee. Run that shit out if you feel good about it.

Unless it's my imagination it seems like there are more big yardage returns on games league wide with this rule. It is exciting to watch Cobb take off. Worth all risk IMO.

And if he gets gets hurt guess what TT will find someone else. Damn thats dude is bad.

Not your imagination, but the first week was an anomaly. The league is now behind last years pace in KO returns for tds and average return is close the the same.

HarveyWallbangers
10-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Unless it's 6+ yards deep, I want him running it out. The reward of him breaking one outweighhs the risk of starting a few yards short of a touchback. Who cares if he gets hurt, he's the 4th or 5th WR on team (5th or 6th, if you count Finley).