PDA

View Full Version : Lebron in the NFL?

Brando19
10-13-2011, 03:54 PM
I heard on espn radio that lebron James was hinting around about playing in the nfl since the nba is locked out. He was a top receiver in the country when he was in high school and rumor has it Pete Carroll is trying to get him to tryout for the Seahawks. At 6'8, I think Lebron would kick ass in the nfl.

Harlan Huckleby
10-13-2011, 04:00 PM
The Browns could use a tight end.

Brandon494
10-13-2011, 04:01 PM
It was a joke, not going to happen.

Brando19
10-13-2011, 04:03 PM
The Browns could use a tight end.

My coworkers and I were discussing that today. The city of Cleveland despises lebron, but all would be forgiven if he signed with the Browns.

Brando19
10-13-2011, 04:04 PM
It was a joke, not going to happen.

Maybe, maybe not.

Brandon494
10-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Its not going to happen, hes the best player in the NBA. Hes not going to risk his career when hes getting paid 20+ million a year.

Brandon494
10-13-2011, 04:10 PM
But keep day dreaming :)

mraynrand
10-13-2011, 04:17 PM
I can see it now: It's the fourth quarter of the AFCC game against NE. As time expires, LeBron goes up to grab the game winning TD pass from Colt McCoy. The ball is there, it's in his grasp, but NO! He chokes AGAIN and DROPS it! (It's on purpose folks; he wants to be released and to play for the Dolphins). The Play goes down in Cleveland Brown annals as "The Drop" along with other notable games like "The Drive" or "The Fumble" Arrrrgggggggh!

Brando19
10-13-2011, 04:26 PM
I can see it now: It's the fourth quarter of the AFCC game against NE. As time expires, LeBron goes up to grab the game winning TD pass from Colt McCoy. The ball is there, it's in his grasp, but NO! He chokes AGAIN and DROPS it! (It's on purpose folks; he wants to be released and to play for the Dolphins). The Play goes down in Cleveland Brown annals as "The Drop" along with other notable games like "The Drive" or "The Fumble" Arrrrgggggggh!

Hahahahaha! That was good.

Brando19
10-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Its not going to happen, hes the best player in the NBA. Hes not going to risk his career when hes getting paid 20+ million a year.

Great point, Brandon. You just won this argument. But I'd like to keep dreaming. Lol

Guiness
10-13-2011, 04:53 PM
All he did was post a Twitter msg asking when the deadline for FA signing's is. He's kidding around or just looking for attention. Given his history (the 'Decision') I'd say it's the later.

ONLY way it happens is if he has a Micheal Jordan moment, and decides to play for a year because he's got enough money. And he doesn't seem the type.

Zool
10-13-2011, 05:01 PM

Currently he's making $0. This keeps his name in the news and keeps his side ventures profitable. A tryout isn't going to hurt anyone but this is akin to 85(read this in spanish) trying out for that soccer team.

red
10-13-2011, 05:23 PM
i actually thing the better atheletes end up in the NBA instead og the NFL. you can make a lot more money in the NBA

i think a guy like lebron would absolutely dominate in the nfl after relearning how to play the game. 6'8 with great hands that can jump out of the stadium?

antonio gates was just a decent basketball player that turned those skills into the most player at his position in the nfl

it would be interesting

and as far as ruining his nba career with a possible injury. i wonder how that would work? nba contracts are fully guaranteed. would that somehow be void if he was hurt playing football?

gbgary
10-13-2011, 07:49 PM
and what are the odds he signs and plays football with someone this season? come on...:lol:

pbmax
10-13-2011, 08:01 PM
I believe I have asked you folks never to mention the Drive or the Fumble or Red Right 88 or Terry Bradshaw as Steelers QB in my presence. I must now go and throw up. In fact, to be safe, just avoid the AFC Central from 1972 through 1994 in general.

Or I will have to post video of 4th and 26.

pbmax
10-13-2011, 08:05 PM
i actually thing the better atheletes end up in the NBA instead og the NFL. you can make a lot more money in the NBA

i think a guy like lebron would absolutely dominate in the nfl after relearning how to play the game. 6'8 with great hands that can jump out of the stadium?

antonio gates was just a decent basketball player that turned those skills into the most player at his position in the nfl

it would be interesting

and as far as ruining his nba career with a possible injury. i wonder how that would work? nba contracts are fully guaranteed. would that somehow be void if he was hurt playing football?

Longer career too. But I wonder if being that tall would be an advantage across the board. You might get hit more and blocking would be much harder.

Brando19
10-13-2011, 09:13 PM
I believe I have asked you folks never to mention the Drive or the Fumble or Red Right 88 or Terry Bradshaw as Steelers QB in my presence. I must now go and throw up. In fact, to be safe, just avoid the AFC Central from 1972 through 1994 in general.

Deal! No 4th and 26 video or NFC championship against the Giants or the end of the Wild Card game against Arizona.

Cheesehead Craig
10-13-2011, 09:35 PM

it would be interesting

Disagree. Great, he's athletic but he's shown he has no heart. I don't think he could mentally handle the beating he would take.

pbmax
10-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Currently he's making $0. This keeps his name in the news and keeps his side ventures profitable. A tryout isn't going to hurt anyone but this is akin to 85(read this in spanish) trying out for that soccer team.

Any chance he is pulling in endorsement income at this time? Would be an interesting question as many of those companies (but not necessarily all) are in bed with the League and teams too.

RashanGary
10-14-2011, 12:07 AM
I'd be curious to see him rushing the passer.

Fritz
10-14-2011, 06:11 AM
I'd be curious to see him get lambasted over the middle by Louis Delmas.

gbgary
10-14-2011, 10:05 AM
and what are the odds he signs and plays football with someone this season? come on...:lol:

i guess no one got it. :/

mraynrand
10-14-2011, 10:14 AM

Do your worst! Cockroft! Cockroft! Where's my epidural????

hoosier
10-14-2011, 10:31 AM

I think last year's SB victory got most of us over 4&26 and the overtime NFCCG loss to NYG. Those are just faint scars now. If the SB win in itself wasn't enough, surely the comedic demise of F**** has to help: what were at the time devastating losses can now be placed entirely on the shoulders of one former Packer.

Unfortunately the recent history of the Browns doesn't give any their fans any cathartic material to work with. Only the spear that inflicts the wound can heal it (or something like that).

Teamcheez1
10-14-2011, 11:12 AM

A great story concerning Don Cockroft.

I was at an annual 4th of July parade in Stow, Ohio one year. They had invited Cockroft to be the grand marshal of the parade. I was wearing my classic Green Bay Packers hat while sitting along the parade route. Don sees me and yells out "great hat" with a thumbs up sign.

Made my day.

pbmax
10-15-2011, 10:30 AM

Unfortunately, I would go into battle severly undermanned. While both teams have seen their fair share of inept play, season killing disasters are a Browns and Vikings speciality.

Cockroft is a good example of a struggling team, like when Longwell became team spokesman for 3 years or so. When your punter/kicker is one of the most popular players, your team likely sucks. Lou Groza is an exception, not only because he was a good tackle, but also because Lou "The Toe" Groza is a great nickname.

mraynrand
10-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Unfortunately, I would go into battle severly undermanned. While both teams have seen their fair share of inept play, season killing disasters are a Browns and Vikings speciality.

Cockroft is a good example of a struggling team, like when Longwell became team spokesman for 3 years or so. When your punter/kicker is one of the most popular players, your team likely sucks. Lou Groza is an exception, not only because he was a good tackle, but also because Lou "The Toe" Groza is a great nickname.

Yeah, and wasn't Cockroft's popularity the reason they didn't get another kicker - a kicker who could have made the game-winning FG, instead of forcing a game-ending INT?

Hoosier was right - a Superbowl/Championship victory clears away all those disappointments. It's really amazing how that works - the 4th and 26, the loss in SBXXXII, the stolen game in SF - the INT against the Giants - all blasted clean by the shattering radiance of a newly minted Lombardi Trophy.