PDA

View Full Version : Who starts at tackle tomorrow?

Guiness
10-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Who trots out there on Sunday as a starting Oline for us?

It looks like Bulaga is going to be healthy, so who starts where at tackle? How healthy is Bulaga, and does he start or is he only pressed into duty in case of another injury?

If Bulaga starts, where does he play? Is Newhouse back at LT, or is this the time for Bulaga to move to there? I'm assuming Sherrod goes back to the bench, but he played well, and maybe his draft status keeps him on the field at RT? The safest way to go is probably Newhouse at LT and Bulaga at RT, but Bulaga is thought to have a higher ceiling...

Joemailman
10-15-2011, 04:19 PM
I think Newhouse's best position is LT, so put him there and let Bulaga go back to RT. Hopefully, MM reads Packerrats.

Harlan Huckleby
10-15-2011, 04:31 PM
I would sit Bulaga if he is less than 100%, based on the perforrmance of Sherrod & Newhouse last week.

Bulaga is a RT, don't mess around.

KalamazooPackerFan
10-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Thought I read somewhere that McCarthy aleady said Bulaga would stay on the right side. Don't remember where, sorry.

Guiness
10-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Thought I read somewhere that McCarthy aleady said Bulaga would stay on the right side. Don't remember where, sorry.

I read that as well...but it was before CC's injury.

With Clifton going down, and Sherrod looking like he's not ready to play there, some re-evaluation might be in order.

imscott72
10-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Sherrod held up pretty well last week. I'd give him the go at LT and keep Bulaga at RT or even give him the week off.

ThunderDan
10-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Sherrod held up pretty well last week. I'd give him the go at LT and keep Bulaga at RT or even give him the week off.

I just don't trust Sherrod to guard ARod's blindside. Newhouse did fine last week let him stay there.

pbmax
10-15-2011, 07:45 PM
Newhouse will be left and Bulaga at RT assuming he is healthy and moving well in pregame. But I have to tell you, the run game will be better, even if the pass pro suffers a little in Clifton's absence. Sherrod has a rep for not being physical but not much was moving him off path when run blocking last week. Newhouse did not look half bad either.

Timing with Guards and RBs will take some time, but it looked promising for the first time in a while.

Upnorth
10-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Newhouse at LT Bulga at RT only if 100% if less than that put in sherrod and thank god its the rams. Also this thread is different than the iother oline thread (also was started after).

red
10-15-2011, 09:03 PM
leave bulaga at RT, newhouse proved last week he can handle the left, sherrod proved he could be ok at the right for now.

the coaches shifted newhouse from right to left as soon as sherrod had to come in, they clearly thought newhouse was better suited at LT. i don't see why that would change

however it wouldn't shock me if the coaches thought bulaga would be a better LT then newhouse.

either way, i don't see bulaga and sherrod both starting, newhouse is clearly ahead of sherrod on the depth chart

Pugger
10-16-2011, 06:38 AM
Yes, keep Newshouse at LT and Sherrod at RT and give Bulaga another week to heal up seeing we're playing the Rams today. It will give Sherrod more live game experience but I'd activate Bulaga just in case something happens.

Harlan Huckleby
10-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Newhouse will be left and Bulaga at RT assuming he is healthy and moving well in pregame. But I have to tell you, the run game will be better, even if the pass pro suffers a little in Clifton's absence. Ya, I agree. And I wonder if after about 6 games of experience if Newhouse won't be just as good as Cliffy in pass protection. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

rbaloha1
10-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Yes, keep Newshouse at LT and Sherrod at RT and give Bulaga another week to heal up seeing we're playing the Rams today. It will give Sherrod more live game experience but I'd activate Bulaga just in case something happens.

Sounds good.

Guiness
10-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Can't get the game right now, who's out there?

Upnorth
10-16-2011, 03:32 PM
SO Buluga is looked good, Newhouse was consistent and had some really good moments, especially when ARod reversed direction. Newhouse sealed his end and Arod had no one around him for at least a couple seconds resulting in a big big play.
Newhouse is looking good after his first start at LT. The rams problem is not pass rush, but secondary, so not bad at all.

Iron Mike
10-16-2011, 04:15 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvZFq5vMMRdyNi-b4KrgNQdUjL8sAxkRHY0p5UCS-pVlrM50z4Eg

pbmax
10-16-2011, 04:53 PM
So, if we got the pick right, what do we win?