PDA

View Full Version : Football food for thought

Upnorth
10-16-2011, 09:32 AM
So I don't want to dimish the meaning of today's game, and should post this in 2 mondays but I will forget by half time today.
Reading a web site named advancednflstats.com this am and came across an interesting article.
http://community.advancednflstats.com/2009/10/bye-weeks.html
It talks about team preformance after a bye week.
I have noticed some people talking about how @SD is going to be a real test, and I think it will be very tough as well. I do think the packers will be favorites going into the game, which according to this article tends to indicate good things after a bye.
The end point of the article is that a favored road teams after the buy win 80% of the time, which is good for us. His sample size is 72 which should eliminate most sample size error.

Joemailman
10-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Speaking of 80%, the Packers are 4-1 under McCarthy after the bye week. Their only loss was an overtime loss in 2008 to a 7-0 Tennessee team. I think there's a really good chance the Packers are undefeated going into Detroit on Thanksgiving.

Upnorth
10-16-2011, 10:20 AM
I think we are undefeated after the Superbowl as well, unfortunatly they have to play the damn games and cant just crown their asses.

gbgary
10-16-2011, 09:13 PM
I think we are undefeated after the Superbowl as well, unfortunatly they have to play the damn games and cant just crown their asses.

it's the journey that makes it so special though.