i just lost any respect i had for the guy

what a pussy

Bretsky
10-16-2011, 11:33 PM
ditto
this is football

HarveyWallbangers
10-16-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm actually kind of on Schwartz's side on this. The hand shake was excessive. The push is what got me. To me that looked really excessive. On top of that, Schwartz claims Harbaugh swore at him. I believe him. You can tell Harbaugh was flapping his jaws on the video.

mraynrand
10-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Hairball was out of control and an idiot. Schwartz shoulda let it go. Two big egos - what a shock! - Not in pro football of all places!

HarveyWallbangers
10-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Hairball was out of control and an idiot. Schwartz shoulda let it go. Two big egos - what a shock! - Not in pro football of all places!

That's how I feel. Both were in the wrong, but I don't think I've seen a coach do what Harbaugh did during the post-game hand shake. If Lovie had done something like that to McStubby, I probably wouldn't have ripped him much for going after him.

swede
10-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Did Mike Sherman make nice with Gruden before chasing down Sapp? I have forgotten.

MJZiggy
10-17-2011, 06:29 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAA

that other mean guy said bad words to me and shoved me real hard after the game

i just lost any respect i had for the guy

what a pussy

You had respect for him? Really?

Brandon494
10-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Both coaches were in the wrong but honestly I dont have any problem with the way he reacted. Cant just let some guy shove you like a bitch, that wasnt a hand shake.

Deputy Nutz
10-17-2011, 07:18 AM
Trying to fight another coach is a little bush league but I agree with Brandon, you can't be punked like that on National Television and not stand up for yourself. Funny how Packer fan has to now go at the Lions Head Coach because they are 5-1. Schwartz is one of the good guys in this league and you have to have a shit load of respect for him for even taking the Lions job. He took over a team that went 0-16 and he is building a winner. But since he has the Lions on the right track he is a total D-bag and asshat for even trying to build a compentent team to go against the Packers.

woodbuck27
10-17-2011, 07:28 AM
Did Mike Sherman make nice with Gruden before chasing down Sapp? I have forgotten.

I wouldn't have . You would't have. Mike Sherman didn't.

bobblehead
10-17-2011, 07:36 AM
Yep, Brando and Nutz hit this one. You can't let a guy get that little intimidation jab in on you or it will happen over and over. I have no idea if either of them are "good guys" or not, but Harbaugh was outta line and Schwartz had 2 choices. It wasn't like Harbaugh talked trash in the media, this was physical intimidation.

Anyone catch game 1 of the Brewers/Cards? Braun goes yard so La Russa does his normal punk bitch thing and beans Fielder. We did the "bigger" thing and turned the other cheek. The umps and Cardinals lost respect for the brewers and we lost. Roenecke should have plunked at least 2 Cardinals...one that game, and one in the first inning of game 2. Lets talk NBA. These guys are constantly jabbing and digging at each other. Teams that "let it go" end up losers. Teams that want respect from the refs and their opponents don't "let it go". Jordan was the king of intimidation....someone should have punched him square in the face around the time he won his first title...but they didn't until Stan Van Gundy sacked up and told the world Jordan was a con man that acted all friendly and respectful off the court, but was a cocksucker on the court.

Just my 2 cents worth, but I was a "soft" kid who got pushed around a bit as a young boy because my mother was a dear sweet lady. I had to learn the hard way that sometimes you have to smack the bully in the mouth if you want it to stop.

3irty1
10-17-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm actually on Schwartz's side and I think that attitude is exactly what you've got to bring to Detroit. Guy went 0-16 a few years ago but now he's demanding respect and being a sore loser. This is just chemo therapy for a team that had stage 4 terminal losing cancer. He even managed to shift everyone's attention off of his fragile team that no doubt still has losing in their lymph nodes and onto him. Good move.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Actually I think Harbaugh is the bitch. Harbaugh is the one who planned to go over to the guy and do what he did. He didn't shake his hand, he grabbed him and then shoved him in the back and he knew that if Schwartz reacted he would look like the a-hole. Schwartz simply just reacted in the heat of the moment. Then Harbaugh goes in front of the media and says "thats on me I shook his hand to hard." He said it as if to say I forgot whose hand I was shaking next time I'll go in softer. He knew what he was doing and he was still trying to get under his skin when talking to the media.

Schwartz should have controlled his emotions, but his reaction is the one I expected.

Patler
10-17-2011, 09:24 AM
What Harbaugh did may have been a bit over the top for "acceptable hand shake procedures", I agree. However, what Schwartz did, chasing after him as he did, was down right idiotic. He incited both teams to group up, paw the ground and snort at one another. It could have gotten a lot uglier than it did. Over what? An excessive slap on the back? Wow, some intimidation that was.

Schwartz should be glad someone can get that excited over beating the Lions. A year or two ago a comeback win against the Lions would have caused the opposing head coach to slink off in embarrassment for having let the game be that close.

Neither demonstrated the cool head that a HC has to maintain to be successful in a long playoff run. Maybe they can develop that, but it doesn't look promising to me because both reacted, then carried on, and carried on, and carried on. Something in their heads should have said "This isn't right." It looked like a playground.

Bossman641
10-17-2011, 09:41 AM
What do some of you mean by Harbaugh shoving Schwartz? When he shook his hand and slapped him on the back?? That's a shove? COME ON MAN!!

I'm also not buying Schwartz's claim that Harbaugh swore at him. To me it looked like Harbaugh was too pumped up, and yelled "Yea" as he was shaking Schwartz's hand and then slapped him on the back.

All in all, it's not a huge deal although it will give ESPN something to talk about for the next week. I'm sort of glad to see a rivalry develop. Coaches and players are buddy-buddy as it is. Nothing wrong with a little dislike between 2 teams.

mraynrand
10-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Funny how Packer fan has to now go at the Lions Head Coach ....

:bs:

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Patler agree with you, but you are not taking into account that Schwartz didn't see that coming. They both were wrong in the way they acted, but Harbaugh crossed the line IMO with the slap/shove it the back. In hindsight its easy for us to say Schwartz should have just walked away, but he was being professional in accepting the loss like a man and going over there to politely shake the opposing coachs hand. Mind you he was the losing coach. Then the a-hole smacks him in the back in front of his team and all the cameras watching. I would have been surprised to actually see him swallow that and walk away.

I didn't see anyone complaining when Sherman got in Sapp's face? I know they were different situations, but still could have had very similar ending if both teams started going at it.

Edit: I would have been very impressed with Schwartz if he just walked away, but my point is if the media is looking for someone to blame it should be Harbaugh. If the NFL wants to make the HC's shake hands after the game, there should be some rules in place. No one wants to lose and then have some jerk smack you in the back.

Deputy Nutz
10-17-2011, 10:06 AM
:bs:

Totally agree

mraynrand
10-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Totally agree

Good. Then stop painting all "Packer fan" with the same brush

Deputy Nutz
10-17-2011, 10:09 AM
No, you all have rabbies and are retarded

Patler
10-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Patler agree with you, but you are not taking into account that Schwartz didn't see that coming. They both were wrong in the way they acted, but Harbaugh crossed the line IMO with the slap/shove it the back. In hindsight its easy for us to say Schwartz should have just walked away, but he was being professional in accepting the loss like a man and going over there to politely shake the opposing coachs hand. Mind you he was the losing coach. Then the a-hole smacks him in the back in front of his team and all the cameras watching. I would have been surprised to actually see him swallow that and walk away.

Yes, I am taking various scenarios into account. I wouldn't have minded Schwartz responding angrily for a bit, even taking some steps toward Harbaugh. But chasing him down the field and trying to push through the cooler heads that were trying to separate them even as they approached the tunnel was so much of an over-reaction as to be comical. Because he got an unexpected, overly aggressive slap on the back? That should cause him to chase Harbaugh what, half the length of the field? Harbaugh was trying to walk away.

I can just picture him trying to lecture a player to keep his cool and not get a personal foul penalty for an instantaneous reaction to a perceived on the field "disrespect."

I didn't see anyone complaining when Sherman got in Sapp's face? I know they were different situations, but still could have had very similar ending if both teams started going at it.

I complained about it at the time. I still complain about it. I think a coach going after an opposing player like that is an embarrassment. Most people disagree with me

Edit: I would have been very impressed with Schwartz if he just walked away, but my point is if the media is looking for someone to blame it should be Harbaugh. If the NFL wants to make the HC's shake hands after the game, there should be some rules in place. No one wants to lose and then have some jerk smack you in the back.

Was Harbaugh wrong? Sure, he went a little overboard. After watching the video of it several times, I think Schwartz made a complete fool of himself for his prolonged over reaction as Harbaugh tried to leave the field.

Zool
10-17-2011, 10:32 AM

I think you broke your smart gland.

pbmax
10-17-2011, 10:38 AM
The only hormone imbalance I saw was Harbaugh's flouncy, bouncing dance across the field in celebration. I expect it to be scored to a tune from Fame! and on YouTube before the end of the day.

And yes, I am calling him gay. Not for any sexual proclivity, but because of the complete absence of any dignity. The Ickey Shuffle was more sedate.

I used to think Chucky bothered me, but this twerp takes the cake.

hoosier
10-17-2011, 10:55 AM
The only hormone imbalance I saw was Harbaugh's flouncy, bouncing dance across the field in celebration. I expect it to be scored to a tune from Fame! and on YouTube before the end of the day.

And yes, I am calling him gay. Not for any sexual proclivity, but because of the complete absence of any dignity. The Ickey Shuffle was more sedate.

I used to think Chucky bothered me, but this twerp takes the cake.

I think the proper spelling is "ghey." :-)

sheepshead
10-17-2011, 11:00 AM
What Harbaugh did may have been a bit over the top for "acceptable hand shake procedures", I agree. However, what Schwartz did, chasing after him as he did, was down right idiotic. He incited both teams to group up, paw the ground and snort at one another. It could have gotten a lot uglier than it did. Over what? An excessive slap on the back? Wow, some intimidation that was.

Schwartz should be glad someone can get that excited over beating the Lions. A year or two ago a comeback win against the Lions would have caused the opposing head coach to slink off in embarrassment for having let the game be that close.

Neither demonstrated the cool head that a HC has to maintain to be successful in a long playoff run. Maybe they can develop that, but it doesn't look promising to me because both reacted, then carried on, and carried on, and carried on. Something in their heads should have said "This isn't right." It looked like a playground.

This.

Harlan Huckleby
10-17-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm actually kind of on Schwartz's side on this. The hand shake was excessive. The push is what got me. To me that looked really excessive. On top of that, Schwartz claims Harbaugh swore at him. I believe him. You can tell Harbaugh was flapping his jaws on the video.

Harbaugh appeared to say nothing until Schwartz went after him. I think Schwartz was offended that Harbaugh didn't even appear to recognize him and back-slapped him like he was just another celebrating fan.

Harbaugh acted like a jerk.

Schwartz lost his temper and acted like a total fool.

I hope the whole thing is dropped, we all make mistakes in the heights of passion. Like forget to pull out.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Harbaugh appeared to say nothing until Schwartz went after him. I think Schwartz was offended that Harbaugh didn't even appear to recognize him and back-slapped him like he was just another celebrating fan.

Harbaugh acted like a jerk.

Schwartz lost his temper and acted like a total fool.

I hope the whole thing is dropped, we all make mistakes in the heights of passion. Like forget to pull out.

lmao

red
10-17-2011, 11:39 AM
More to the story

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Harbaugh-Schwartz-and-the-first-quarter-play-th?urn=nfl-wp9711

schwartz accuses someone of being an ass, when he himself was a dick earlier

bobblehead
10-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Then the a-hole smacks him in the back in front of his team and all the cameras watching. I would have been surprised to actually see him swallow that and walk away.

This. He can't appear soft to his team. ABSOLUTELY can not happen. I remember when we lost to dallas in '07 and some reporter asked MM how he felt now that he would have to go thru dallas in the playoffs. "I don't care if we play them in Arlington, or the parking lot in Dallas. It doesn't matter" A team (even employees) follow their leaders mentality. If the leader is a pussy they will all exhibit signs of pussyism.

mraynrand
10-17-2011, 11:45 AM
This. He can't appear soft to his team. ABSOLUTELY can not happen. I remember when we lost to dallas in '07 and some reporter asked MM how he felt now that he would have to go thru dallas in the playoffs. "I don't care if we play them in Arlington, or the parking lot in Dallas. It doesn't matter. Favre with throw the game-killing interception regardless of where we play."

fixed

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-17-2011, 11:55 AM
More to the story

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Harbaugh-Schwartz-and-the-first-quarter-play-th?urn=nfl-wp9711

Didn't know about that play.....changing my tune on this one now. Either way they both acted dumb.

mraynrand
10-17-2011, 11:58 AM
this topic really isn't very interesting. What is interesting is that the 49ers bitched-slapped the Lions in their own house by going right at their strength - running the ball right up the gut over and over and over again. Suh was almost invisible. Pwned, as they say.

red
10-17-2011, 12:01 PM
this topic really isn't very interesting. What is interesting is that the 49ers bitched-slapped the Lions in their own house by going right at their strength - running the ball right up the gut over and over and over again. Suh was almost invisible. Pwned, as they say.

not only that, but they were running right at Suh most of the time i think

Patler
10-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Chasing the opposing coach around for 50 yards with hordes of people between him and Harbaugh, over something as silly as this, certainly didn't make Schwartz look tough to his players. It makes him look like a whiner and complainer.

What he has to look forward to:

Schwartz (to Ndamukong Suh); "N.S., I know they hold you on just about every play. They cut you when they can. They will push and shove you after the play just to set you off. But, you have to control yourself. The 15 yard penalties , fines and possible future suspensions when you go off like you have in the past can just kill us. You have to be a man and control your emotions."

Suh, (remembering Schwartz vs Harbaugh, round 1); "Riiiigghhht, coach. I got ya!"

sheepshead
10-17-2011, 12:32 PM
pft has an interesting take. videos too-Schwartz looks like a tool:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/17/penalty-on-harbaugh-may-have-started-feud-with-schwartz/

Iron Mike
10-17-2011, 12:48 PM
I think the proper spelling is "ghey." :-)

Nope. "Gh3y."

denverYooper
10-17-2011, 12:51 PM
It's not a huge surprise to see the Detroit Defense leading the league in penalty yardage. Their D plays like the coach, apparently -- aggressive but maybe a bit too out of control.

Rk Pen Pen Yds
1 Detroit Lions 60 445
2 New England Patriots 50 432
3 San Francisco 49ers 45 400
4 New York Giants 45 386
5 Indianapolis Colts 41 373

I understand the nastiness/attitude angle but there is a point, I think, where that kind of attitude is self-defeating. They need to shape up their endgame to make the jump to elite. On that last drive by SF, they were busy flexing and posing after a stop on 1st and goal when they should have been focusing on the next 3 downs. Maybe if they didn't waste that energy celebrating they could have snuffed all 4 downs.

On the other side of the ball, the Lions looked unfocused at the end of the game. They had 2 chances to drive down the field and win with their super-hot offense with the best receiver in football, yet they were slow getting to the line and looked confused at times. Stafford was waiting for plays, and taking short, clock-killing throws, and generally frittering away a lot of time. They had 2 opportunities to get it done!

Schwartz was likely mad at himself for such poor form by his team in the last 5 minutes yesterday.

mraynrand
10-17-2011, 12:52 PM
PR love the drama

Freak Out
10-17-2011, 01:04 PM
I think this should be settled with dueling pistols at 25 paces. That's what real men would do.

Fuck both of those assholes.

Pugger
10-17-2011, 01:16 PM

And what does that say about you spending so much time on a message board filled with people you clearly have little regard for?

Pugger
10-17-2011, 01:19 PM
This entire saga is ridiculous. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. Both of these coaches come across like fools. End of story and time to move on to something worth discussing.

denverYooper
10-17-2011, 01:36 PM
I think this should be settled with dueling pistols at 25 paces. That's what real men would do.

Fuck both of those assholes.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOwvyzXiZjtWV28su1WEe-0nqoXIoe4OlnqmnWD4qWyPthZbbZw_mnV3H6VA

red
10-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Chasing the opposing coach around for 50 yards with hordes of people between him and Harbaugh, over something as silly as this, certainly didn't make Schwartz look tough to his players. It makes him look like a whiner and complainer.

thats what i was thinking too, and his post game interview just made him look like even more of a whiner

he says he was shoved and had an expletive said at him. first off, we all saw the video, you weren't shoved, not even close. second, its football, there's swearing, get over it god boy

Freak Out
10-17-2011, 02:06 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOwvyzXiZjtWV28su1WEe-0nqoXIoe4OlnqmnWD4qWyPthZbbZw_mnV3H6VA

Stop posting those pictures of Skinbasket! :)

Deputy Nutz
10-17-2011, 02:31 PM
And what does that say about you spending so much time on a message board filled with people you clearly have little regard for?

That I have compassion.

mraynrand
10-17-2011, 03:02 PM
That I have compassion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=FKitvyywkG8

swede
10-17-2011, 03:20 PM

Oi vey.

http://www.kosher.org.au/Images/rabbis.jpg

ND72
10-17-2011, 05:58 PM
I do no take Schwartz's side on this at all. The biggest reason is because he does the same damn thing every week. He dances after wins, he has ran across and poorly shock another coaches hand, celebrated in front of another coach, and yells across the field at the other team. He's a huge douchebag, if he doesn't like to be shown up, then he should shut the hell up and not do the same to other coaches. He walks around like he has a corn-cob stuck up his ass, and like he's god's gift to the NFL...can't stand him. I hope every coach does the same thing to him as Harbaugh did.

red
10-17-2011, 06:03 PM
I do no take Schwartz's side on this at all. The biggest reason is because he does the same damn thing every week. He dances after wins, he has ran across and poorly shock another coaches hand, celebrated in front of another coach, and yells across the field at the other team. He's a huge douchebag, if he doesn't like to be shown up, then he should shut the hell up and not do the same to other coaches. He walks around like he has a corn-cob stuck up his ass, and like he's god's gift to the NFL...can't stand him. I hope every coach does the same thing to him as Harbaugh did.

if i'm a head coach on the opposite team, after this, i wouldn't shake his hand. celebrate with you players, say good game to guys on the other team, but give schwartz the "hawk" and walk off the field

pbmax
10-17-2011, 06:13 PM

I am having trouble remembering this behavior (not saying its false, just that I don't remember). Did he do this to McCarthy after the win last year in Detroit?

Or was it elsewhere?

I do remember he liked the hardass routine in his press conferences.

Bossman641
10-17-2011, 06:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHVnv1ukzQU&feature=related

Bossman641
10-17-2011, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaEltwPSQ8c&feature=related

digitaldean
10-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Mr. Schwartz (pot) meet Mr. Harbaugh (kettle).

Schwartz that dipshit gets all animated with fistpumps and waving his arms for an incompletion during a game earlier this year. He may wear his emotions on his sleeve, but he also comes across as an arrogant a-hole. Harbaugh is also in that same league. So, in other words, these clowns deserve each other.

I'd like to see Detroit play SF on wild card weekend. That game would be an all out street fight. Personal fouls aplenty, probably would have to bring in Ed Hochuli to flex his muscles and restore order to the game....

pbmax
10-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Completely forgot the reaction to beating the Lions with a FG. Not sure about all the lip reading. The video linked to earlier, of him saying "know the rules" something something seemed at best a guess. But its clear he's as excitable as Irene Cara Harbaugh.

HowardRoark
10-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Stop posting those pictures of Skinbasket! :)

That ain't Skinbasket; he's pushing 220.

HowardRoark
10-17-2011, 08:39 PM

There he is.

HowardRoark
10-17-2011, 08:46 PM
I like the whole thing. It seems like the fans care more about the outcome of games than players and coaches normally; finally it looks different.

I remember reading about Halas and Curly (can't remember specifics.......something about the train coming into Green Bay; Vince, where you?)....this is nothing.

HarveyWallbangers
10-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Lombardi would have put a boot in Harbaugh's ass.

Bretsky
10-18-2011, 03:57 AM
Sally Schwartz should be happy someobdy actually celebrates in beating the Lions. Silly.

WHO knows how to put a dress on him ?? If I knew how to do this I'd post a pic in here ..lol

packrulz
10-18-2011, 04:59 AM
Harbaugh-Schwartz feud's been stewing for months

Posted on: October 17, 2011 4:22 pm
Edited on: October 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Posted by Will Brinson

Yesterday's incident at midfield between Jim Harbaugh and Jim Schwartz led everything sports-related all of Sunday night and continued through Monday morning. The randomness of the anger between the respective coaches of the 49ers and the Lions shocked everyone and sparked a slew of discussions about who would be the best coach to have in your corner for a steel-cage death match.

But maybe Harbaugh's outburst and Schwartz anger wasn't as random as it seems.

Perhaps, instead, we can trace the incident to a dinner in March of 2011 that featured Schwartz, Harbaugh and Ravens coach (and brother of Jim) John Harbaugh. John relates that, at the dinner, Schwartz essentially told Jim if the lockout continued, he would be unable to win as a head coach. This didn't sit well with Jim.

"We were having dinner the other night and Jim Schwartz told him basically there’s no way you’re going to be able to get it done (if the lockout lasts into the summer)," John Harbaugh said, per the Santa Clara Press-Democrat. "He told him there’s no way you’re going to be able to accomplish what you need to accomplish in two weeks if this thing lasts a while.

"Jim just kind of bit his tongue, which is what you’ve got to do in this situation. Because there’s nothing you can do about it."

In other words, it's pretty obvious that Jim drew a big, fat Sharpie-style circle around the October 16 matchup in Detroit.

And then there's some additional evidence of how things escalated during the game yesterday -- Chris Chase of Yahoo's Shutdown Corner pulled the video of the first-quarter touchdown that Brandon Pettigrew caught, a play which was challenged by Harbaugh.

Obviously, you can't challenge a scoring play. Harbaugh forgot that, and Schwartz definitely let him know, screaming something like "Know the rules!" across the field.

So it's possible (likely?) that such exuberance preceded Harbaugh's celebration. But it also seems likely that this is a feud that's been brewing for longer than just the brief moments before their post-game handshake.

pbmax
10-18-2011, 07:29 AM
That's a great tidbit, but it begs its own question? Why were they at a dinner together? Triple date with the Polaski triplets? Rotary Club luncheon? Hearing Rex Ryan speak on the importance of snacks in one's diet?

Pugger
10-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Sally Schwartz should be happy someobdy actually celebrates in beating the Lions. Silly.

WHO knows how to put a dress on him ?? If I knew how to do this I'd post a pic in here ..lol

:lol:

Pugger
10-18-2011, 08:20 AM
It seems to me that the loins' HC has some growing up to do. It will be fun to put those pussies in their place on turkey day.

KYPack
10-18-2011, 09:12 AM
There is another angle to this I haven't seen in the thread. Early in the game with the Lions Brandon Pettigrew scored a TD. Harbaugh thought it was shaky. He threw the red flag, which you don't do now, all TD's are automatically reviewed. That cost the 49ers an unsportsmanlike penalty. Swartz was woofing on the sideline. Check out the video in this clip.

Incidently, Lambeau and Halas never shook hands after their many tangles with the two teams.

You aren't supposed to act snotty after the game, but some guys do.

Pugger
10-18-2011, 11:20 AM
KY, back then did the coaches ever shake hands after the game like they do today?

denverYooper
10-18-2011, 11:27 AM
That's a great tidbit, but it begs its own question? Why were they at a dinner together? Triple date with the Polaski triplets? Rotary Club luncheon? Hearing Rex Ryan speak on the importance of snacks in one's diet?

Don't you mean "the importance of #*%%*! snacks"?

pbmax
10-18-2011, 07:31 PM
I am not sure Harbaugh could have seen, much less heard Schwartz on the sideline woofing about the challenge, if that is what he was doing.

I also think Dan Patrick and Tony Dungy are off their rocker thinking that was a shove of some sort. I think Harbaugh said something and then started to beat a retreat when it was clear it wasn't going to slide.

pbmax
10-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Don't you mean "the importance of #*%%*! snacks"?

You are G***amn right I do.

KYPack
10-18-2011, 09:30 PM
KY, back then did the coaches ever shake hands after the game like they do today?

In the early days, there were lots of player-coaches. Curly and Halas played against each other in 16 games in the olde Packer-Bear rivalry. After another team kicked your ass, few players went over and shook the victor's hand. They both remained on as coaches after their playing days were over and kept their "no-shake" tradition alive. Both guys were pretty crazy on the sideline during games (especially Lambeau). A post-game handshake was really out of the question for either guy.

After Paul Brown came into the league, things changed. Brown wore a sharp business suit on the sideline with a fedora hat. Post-game he would shake the other coaches hand and go to the locker room. Everything was business like in the 50's and 60's. Brown was the top dog and the other coaches emulated his style.

Some coaches still get crazy after the ball-game. I fully expected that Forrest Gregg and Ditka were going to square off sometime. Gregg truly hated Ditka's guts and it wouldn't have taken much to get those two going.

Now, things are coming full circle. You have more incidences of guys acting the fool in the post-game shake. Harbaugh is an ex-player and Schwartz the fiery D-Cooordinator. They don't know how to act right, but that's OK. I like to see coaches act like assholes, I think it's a hoot.

VegasPackFan
10-18-2011, 10:29 PM
New playoff wrinkle - HC CAGE MATCH!!!! Screw the game.

Zool
10-19-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm not a fan of the mid-field hand shake. In baseball teams don't line up and slap hands with the other team. The losers go right to their clubhouse.

red
10-19-2011, 01:02 PM
when watching schwantz react after the game like a big pussy i was reminded of one of the greatest moments in tv history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqkdcT25ss

Fritz
10-21-2011, 06:24 AM
Harbaugh took the hit in his press conference - said it was on him.

And Schwarz said he took offense from a curse word Harbaugh said?

Gosh, Jim. Gee Willickers!

channtheman
10-21-2011, 08:03 AM

Not really. Harbaugh basically further insulted Schwartz in his press conference.

Fritz
10-21-2011, 10:53 AM
I watched a clip of that conference. Harbaugh took responsibility. Maybe I didn't see the whole thing.

I also heard Ditka on the radio the other day, taking another shot at Forrest Gregg, lo these many years later.

If Gregg had never come back to coach the Pack, he'd have a much finer legacy.

denverYooper
10-21-2011, 10:57 AM
I watched a clip of that conference. Harbaugh took responsibility. Maybe I didn't see the whole thing.

I also heard Ditka on the radio the other day, taking another shot at Forrest Gregg, lo these many years later.

If Gregg had never come back to coach the Pack, he'd have a much finer legacy.

He took responsibility but he basically said it was because he was too manly -- his handshake was "too aggressive". The subtext there was, "Yeah, I guess it's my fault that Sally Schwartz can't handle a real man's handshake"

Bretsky
10-22-2011, 07:39 PM
More to the story

Vaginaschwartz .....funny stuff

This is like the kickers and punters fighting

Bretsky
10-22-2011, 07:45 PM

How typical......the male accepts all of the blame to make the female look justified :)

MJZiggy
10-22-2011, 10:41 PM
How typical......the male accepts all of the blame to make the female look justified :)

Please, a female wouldn't have been that "wounded."

Pugger
10-22-2011, 11:27 PM
Please, a female wouldn't have been that "wounded."

No kidding.

Bretsky
10-22-2011, 11:28 PM
P.s. no offense meant to women........I love women...all of them...especially when they are together :)

Fritz
10-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Vaginaschwartz .....funny stuff

This is like the kickers and punters fighting

Wouldn't it be "Schwartzina"?

MJZiggy
10-23-2011, 08:09 AM
P.s. no offense meant to women........I love women...all of them...especially when they are together :)

I met the woman for you last night...You'd have absolutely loved her and it seemed her husband would have been willing to share.

Fritz
10-23-2011, 11:03 AM
How did you know that the husband was willing to share?

MJZiggy
10-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Gut instinct. Probably just that the way he dealt with people was very similar to the way she did.

Patler
11-30-2011, 03:23 PM

Yes, I am taking various scenarios into account. I wouldn't have minded Schwartz responding angrily for a bit, even taking some steps toward Harbaugh. But chasing him down the field and trying to push through the cooler heads that were trying to separate them even as they approached the tunnel was so much of an over-reaction as to be comical. Because he got an unexpected, overly aggressive slap on the back? That should cause him to chase Harbaugh what, half the length of the field? Harbaugh was trying to walk away.

I can just picture him trying to lecture a player to keep his cool and not get a personal foul penalty for an instantaneous reaction to a perceived on the field "disrespect."

(Regarding the Sherman/Sapp incident)
I complained about it at the time. I still complain about it. I think a coach going after an opposing player like that is an embarrassment. Most people disagree with me.

Was Harbaugh wrong? Sure, he went a little overboard. After watching the video of it several times, I think Schwartz made a complete fool of himself for his prolonged over reaction as Harbaugh tried to leave the field.

What he has to look forward to:

Schwartz ( to Ndamukong Suh); "N.S., I know they hold you on just about every play. They cut you when they can. They will push and shove you after the play just to set you off. But, you have to control yourself. The 15 yard penalties , fines and possible future suspensions when you go off like you have in the past can just kill us. You have to be a man and control your emotions."

Suh, ( remembering Schwartz vs Harbaugh, round 1); "Riiiigghhht, coach. I got ya!"

Boy, looking back at this thread from the time, an awful lot of you came to Schwartz's defense in the Harbaugh matter. However, one particularly insightful poster (quoted above) foresaw the inevitable result from Schwartz' behavior. :lol: :thank::lol:

mraynrand
11-30-2011, 03:40 PM

mraynrand
11-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Schwartz is one of the good guys in this league

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

mraynrand
11-30-2011, 03:47 PM
What he has to look forward to: Schwartz ( to Ndamukong Suh); "N.S., I know they hold you on just about every play. They cut you when they can. They will push and shove you after the play just to set you off. But, you have to control yourself. The 15 yard penalties , fines and possible future suspensions when you go off like you have in the past can just kill us. You have to be a man and control your emotions."

http://img.discountpostersale.com/posters/BALBAL52782/1/Sistine-Chapel-Ceiling-The-Prophet-Jeremiah.jpg

pbmax
11-30-2011, 08:03 PM
I am doubling down. Its still all Harbaugh's fault.