PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers interceptions

bobblehead
10-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Rodgers threw his 3rd, on a pass that went right through Jennings hands. Do people remember the first 2 off hand? I LOVE having a QB that avoids turnovers.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-17-2011, 12:02 PM
I think the only one that was his fault was the one against the Bears were he tired to force it to Finley. The other two were drops by the wide outs if I remember correctly.

denverYooper
10-17-2011, 12:05 PM
James Jones tipped one, I think.

gbgary
10-17-2011, 12:10 PM
the annual gift to urlacher.

Bossman641
10-17-2011, 12:32 PM
The one prior to this was against Denver I believe. Rodgers threw a ball high and hard to Jones, who was < 10 yards away, off his hands and picked off.

rbaloha1
10-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Why the thread?

As per Sunday Nite Football against the Falcons, AR has thrown the least interceptions for the first 100 tds (33 interceptions).

Also for the first 1500 pass attempts AR is number 2 alltime in qb ratings (Warner is #1).

Guiness
10-17-2011, 12:45 PM
I think the only one that was his fault was the one against the Bears were he tired to force it to Finley. The other two were drops by the wide outs if I remember correctly.

Wide out?

Would that be the X, Y or Z position? Or maybe the U? Flanker or Split End?
(loved the posts about WR terminology!)

MadtownPacker
10-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Why the thread?

As per Sunday Nite Football against the Falcons, AR has thrown the least interceptions for the first 100 tds (33 interceptions).

Also for the first 1500 pass attempts AR is number 2 alltime in qb ratings (Warner is #1).

You question the thead then come through with a great post for it?

Upnorth
10-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Wide out?

Would that be the X, Y or Z position? Or maybe the U? Flanker or Split End?
(loved the posts about WR terminology!)

I believe driver was the x and jennings was the z, however I may have that backwards. Me run ball, catching for sissies, ugh.

red
10-17-2011, 06:06 PM
yeah, the throw right into urlachers hands is the only shitty throw he's made

or his only "favre" if you will

the other 2 are on the wr's

dudes ball control is nuts

how many fumbles have we had? i can only remember the grant fumble

Joemailman
10-17-2011, 06:09 PM

Starks fumbled against the Bears.

denverYooper
10-17-2011, 06:12 PM

I think there's some kind of contractual obligation for the GB QB to throw a pick to Urlacher.

LP
10-17-2011, 06:55 PM
I think there's some kind of contractual obligation for the GB QB to throw a pick to Urlacher.

Rodger's predecessor recently said that Rodgers had watched and learned. Throwing that pick must have been what he learned.

bobblehead
10-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Why the thread?

I was curious mainly. I couldn't remember the other 2. I know he is extremely stingy at giving it away and I knew this one was definately not on him. Now that its mentioned I remember the Urlacher gift. Seems like it don't matter who our QB is, we love to make that guy look good.

King Friday
10-17-2011, 07:50 PM

Wasn't that bad of a throw...it honestly was just a hell of a play by Urlacher. Few LBs could think about making that play. That boy shows up when the Packers roll into town. I have to respect him for that, even if it is entirely counterbalanced by his Paris Hilton moment.

red
10-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah urlachers hall of fame video is gonna be about 90% packer clips

guys got a hell of a highlight real just with shit he's done to us

as for his INT, i thought that was the one he threw right into his hands?

smuggler
10-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Just thought I would mention that the INT that Flynn threw was off of Cobb's hands (it was high, but catchable).

woodbuck27
10-17-2011, 11:29 PM
James Jones tipped one, I think.

I thought it was Jennings again on one of the other two picks. Toss right to Jennings down the middle and he bobbles the ball and it gets picked. . . .Vs ?

sharpe1027
10-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Rodger's predecessor recently said that Rodgers had watched and learned. Throwing that pick must have been what he learned.

He hasn't learned everything. He has yet to tell us that Finley ran the wrong route.

denverYooper
10-18-2011, 11:34 AM
He hasn't learned everything. He has yet to tell us that Finley ran the wrong route.

Peter King had a nice paragraph on what Rodgers actually learned from Favre:

Rodgers doesn't take questions about his relationship with the man he took over for in 2008, because they basically have no relationship. I figured, why throw ice cubes on the conversation? If it came up in the conversation, so be it. And it did, sort of. I asked him what he thought he'd learned from Favre in his three years as his backup. There was a pause, and I thought he would say some version of no comment, but he said something educational. "I think his eye control,'' Rodgers said. "He was great with his eyes, moving defenders and throwing look-off passes all the time. If you watch film on other quarterbacks, there's not a lot of guys in the league who are consistently using their eyes to move players. I think it's a learned trait. It's something you have to work on. The top guys in the league are doing it just about every play. But that was something I watched, I saw, and I really tried to incorporate into my own game."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/10/16/Week6/index.html#ixzz1b9SxC1CB

I thought that was pretty astute of Rodgers. I mean, it's not something you hear about often when great QB play is discussed in the media but Rodgers is indeed very good at moving defenders with his eyes and he credits Favre with influencing that aspect of his game. Sharp.

sharpe1027
10-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Peter King had a nice paragraph on what Rodgers actually learned from Favre:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/10/16/Week6/index.html#ixzz1b9SxC1CB

I thought that was pretty astute of Rodgers. I mean, it's not something you hear about often when great QB play is discussed in the media but Rodgers is indeed very good at moving defenders with his eyes and he credits Favre with influencing that aspect of his game. Sharp.

Jokes aside, whatever else he was/is, Favre was a HoF level QB. There's plenty of good things to learn from him and it is nice that Rodgers learned from Favre despite Favre's cold shoulder.