PDA

View Full Version : Which Viking QB will start?

Cheesehead Craig
10-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Is it going to be the aged has-been McNabb or the 1st round pick Ponder?

If Ponder starts the crowd will definately be a lot louder as they have been calling for him the last 2 weeks to start and actually boo'd McNabb when they were beating the Cards 28-0. They hate him up here. I hope Frazier does the wrong thing and starts McNabb. It will just be easier that way.

Either way i think the Packers win.

MadScientist
10-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Are you Pondering what I'm Pondering?

Tony Oday
10-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Starting Ponder would be like leading a lamb to the slaughter.

Upnorth
10-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Rack of lamb is awesome if done right. You need to sear the outside at really high heat, then use low indirect heat, don't go past a good medium or medium rare. We are slaughtering this weekend and now I am salivating, darn you Tony.

Ponder is very athletic and would make for some interesting match ups, I would guess that hawk would spy him if they start utilizing him to run. Something tells me that CMIII would get at least one sack as ponder leaves his protection behind.
I would prefer to face old mcnabb, but welcoming ponder would be a pleasure as well. No way he is as sucsessful as Cam Newton.

Tony Oday
10-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Cam has NFL talent at WR the Vikes have CFL talent.

pittstang5
10-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Hope it's McNabb. Packers D always seems to struggle against Rookie QBs or QBs they haven't seen alot of..see Freeman from a couple years ago.

Pugger
10-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Cam has NFL talent at WR the Vikes have CFL talent.

The Vikes' WR talent isn't as good as the CFL.

denverYooper
10-18-2011, 11:23 AM
It won't matter if they trade for Brady and stick him back there. That line is horrendous.

Tony Oday
10-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Ponder is in per KFAN

Scott Campbell
10-18-2011, 01:02 PM
I don't care who they start. How nice will it be to watch the Packers whip the Vikings without all the added purple sub text?

Cheesehead Craig
10-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Ponder is in per KFAN

Rotoworld has that as well. (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/217016/its-official-qb-mcnabb-benched-for-ponder)

Smidgeon
10-18-2011, 01:41 PM
It won't matter if they trade for Brady and stick him back there. That line is horrendous.

So was the Ram's O-Line. And yet the D-Line still couldn't turn them into turnstiles. Color me skeptical that the Vikings' O-Line will get whipped.

sheepshead
10-18-2011, 01:45 PM
<----Going to the Game

MadtownPacker
10-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Mcnugget is old news, let's see their future.

red
10-18-2011, 04:31 PM
we always have bad luck with this sort of shit

this worries me a bit

Joemailman
10-18-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't care who they start. How nice will it be to watch the Packers whip the Vikings without all the added purple sub text?

What are you referring to?

Joemailman
10-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Starting Ponder would be like leading a lamb to the slaughter.

It will be a Christian burial.

Upnorth
10-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Are you Pondering what I'm Pondering?

Is it that earmuff are just socks for your head Brain?

denverYooper
10-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Is it that earmuff are just socks for your head Brain?

Nice pick up. The pondering line rang a bell when I read it earlier but I didn't remember where it came from until this.

rbaloha1
10-18-2011, 11:14 PM
The official announcement is Ponder is starting. Dude has wheels and strong arm. May present some problems. Nonetheless expect an easy victory.

Pugger
10-19-2011, 12:17 AM
If we keep AP from running wild, keep J. Allen out of our backfield, don't commit stupid penalties and/or turn the ball over we should be 7-0 going into our bye week.

Iron Mike
10-19-2011, 07:09 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/27/article-0-08080933000005DC-366_634x368.jpg

Cheesehead Craig
10-19-2011, 10:39 AM
The official announcement is Ponder is starting. Dude has wheels and strong arm. May present some problems. Nonetheless expect an easy victory.

There's a lot of disagreement about the arm strength in Vikingland. We'll find out on Sunday though.

rbaloha1
10-19-2011, 12:11 PM
There's a lot of disagreement about the arm strength in Vikingland. We'll find out on Sunday though.

Dude is coming of multiple arm surgeries. However based on Sunday's night, CP displayed arm strength and a quick release. Confident, poised and failed to appear overwhelmed.

mraynrand
10-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Beware the Ides of Charlie Batch!

Cheesehead Craig
10-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Dude is coming of multiple arm surgeries. However based on Sunday's night, CP displayed arm strength and a quick release. Confident, poised and failed to appear overwhelmed.

Now let's see how he is against a non-prevent defense.

mraynrand
10-19-2011, 12:25 PM
It will be interesting to see if you get the Favresque Ponder, who likes to throw it up for grabs from time to time, or whether he is more disciplined. I expect to see him doing a lot of tuck and runs. Some of them will be maddening because he will be athletic enough to pick up a few first downs this way. Bishop/Hawk will be late on the tackle.

denverYooper
10-19-2011, 12:49 PM
It will be interesting to see if you get the Favresque Ponder, who likes to throw it up for grabs from time to time, or whether he is more disciplined. I expect to see him doing a lot of tuck and runs. Some of them will be maddening because he will be athletic enough to pick up a few first downs this way. Bishop/Hawk will be late on the tackle.

Sounds like you've seen this before.

HarveyWallbangers
10-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Now let's see how he is against a non-prevent defense.

I didn't think his arm strength was that impressive. He's a good scramble and accurate on short throws though. The one long completion he had took forever to get there. Guy was wide open though. He threw two or three other deep balls, and they didn't come close to hitting their mark and weren't cannon throws.

Fritz
10-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Wonder if the Vikes win the "Suck for Luck" contest (whoever coined that - it's hilarious. I think it was PB?) whether they'll take Luck or if they'll Ponder their future without Luck?

Cheesehead Craig
10-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Wonder if the Vikes win the "Suck for Luck" contest (whoever coined that - it's hilarious. I think it was PB?) whether they'll take Luck or if they'll Ponder their future without Luck?

Ponder is their QB for the rest of the season now. If he shows any signs of ability and they end up with the #1 pick, I think they trade it for the complete haul they will get in trade. He's going to be worth at least 2 first rounders along with multiple other picks. The Vikes would be on the other end of a Herschel Walker-esque trade. And if Ponder even becomes above average they could become much, much better very quickly.

Guiness
10-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Beware the Ides of Charlie Batch!

Never forget that loss to Detroit. Especially the goaline fake handoff that the entire team bit on while Batch stood there with the ball still in his hand.

pbmax
10-19-2011, 06:27 PM

Nope, the internet did that one without my help.

What I love is that Peter King and other media types have seized on that term to infer something detestable about fans and even goaded Luck into voicing his disapproval.

In fact, I bet the original campaign was a) Tongue in cheek and b) meant to describe actual behavior by actual teams.

But Peter knows better than us; it must have been the fans that caused the Cavs to spend most of their season with an unbalanced lineup and roster in order to secure the most ping pong balls for LeBron.

mraynrand
10-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Nope, the internet did that one without my help.

What I love is that Peter King and other media types have seized on that term to infer something detestable about fans and even goaded Luck into voicing his disapproval.

In fact, I bet the original campaign was a) Tongue in cheek and b) meant to describe actual behavior by actual teams.

But Peter knows better than us; it must have been the fans that caused the Cavs to spend most of their season with an unbalanced lineup and roster in order to secure the most ping pong balls for LeBron.

THis was a solid post, right up to the end. As if the Cavs had to try to play poorly ..... :roll:

pbmax
10-19-2011, 07:46 PM
THis was a solid post, right up to the end. As if the Cavs had to try to play poorly ..... :roll:

True. But observers more astute about pro basketball than I noticed the coach and team were helping the players achieve new levels of incompetence.

woodbuck27
10-20-2011, 12:17 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/898688-nfl-picks-week-7-against-the-spread-which-underdogs-will-cover#/articles/900068-report-christian-ponder-informed-hell-start-for-vikings-on-sunday

Report: Christian Ponder Informed He'll Start for Vikings on Sunday

GO PACK GO!

mraynrand
10-20-2011, 02:21 AM
So Sister Christian gets the nod

pbmax
10-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Sister Christian
Oh, the snap has come
And you know
That you're the only one to say
Okay
But it was s'posed to be on two, Sully

Where you going
What are the safeties looking for
You know those boys
Don't want to give up the deep middle
To you
It's Cover 2

CHORUS

You're matriculatin'
What's your price for Hutch
In finding a new left guard
You'll be all right
in Arden Hills
or The City of Industry

Sister Christian
Where the hell is Sydney Rice
Don't you give it up
Before Berrian has cleared the zone
It's true
That's Matthews coming around left end

Matriculatin'
What's your price for flight
If you book airfare now
For a flight home Sunday night
After Week 17

Matriculatin'
Longwell's got goalposts in his sights
But the laces are turned to the right
Time to talk to the press
And set the record right
About He Who Is Never Blamed

Cheesehead Craig
10-20-2011, 08:38 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/898688-nfl-picks-week-7-against-the-spread-which-underdogs-will-cover#/articles/900068-report-christian-ponder-informed-hell-start-for-vikings-on-sunday

Report: Christian Ponder Informed He'll Start for Vikings on Sunday

GO PACK GO!

You're about a day and half late with that Woodster! Internet can't be that slow in Canada. ;)

Upnorth
10-20-2011, 09:22 AM
You're about a day and half late with that Woodster! Internet can't be that slow in Canada. ;)

Hey lay off, we just won the sb last month, eh.