PDA

View Full Version : Packers Biggest Weakness

steve823
10-21-2011, 01:58 AM
So I was going to make a poll ,but for some reason it didn't work. What does everyone think the Packers biggest weakness is ?

Pass Defense
Run Defense
Offensive Line
No Pressure on opposing QB
Not consistent running game

I personally think the defense is coming to shape so I'm not too concerned with our Pass defense, but our pressure is horrible. We are not generating any pressure and are giving opposing quarterbacks ALL day to throw. For example, last week Sam Bradford hardly even got touched and the Ram's offensive line isn't good at all. It might not seem like a big deal now ,but come playoff time when we are facing elite QB's, we will need pressure. Hopefully Mike Neal can help us a bit since Matthews and Raji get all the attention and nobody else is stepping up.

wpony
10-21-2011, 03:29 AM
I agree with everything you said and in the order you said it except I would move the oline down to the last place they are playing banged up and doing a decent job of protecting Arod and that is their main job for now.

Fritz
10-21-2011, 05:56 AM
From the point of view of position groups, I'd say the d-line followed out right outside linebacker. Raji is going to get worn down, Pickett is a situational guy, Green is situational, and Wynn is a pass rush situational guy. CJ Wilson seems to have disappeared, and Neal is out still.

That affects both run and pass defense.

gbgary
10-21-2011, 09:06 AM
i don't care about the running game much...it's fine to me. pass protection is ok too. pass rush fixes everthing else.

pbmax
10-21-2011, 09:11 AM
So'oto is in, Zombo is out. Lattimore and Zombo likely inactive due to injuries and might give the preseason hero a shot. According to JSO, the Special Teams inexperience of So'oto has held him back.

Upnorth
10-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Pass rush is problem, specifically the Dline rotation. mRaji is a stand out, but no one else really brings heat. Hope Neal gets back soon. We sure miss Jenkins. . . (look I found a match and I will use it to look for the gas can)

HarveyWallbangers
10-21-2011, 09:52 AM
So I was going to make a poll ,but for some reason it didn't work. What does everyone think the Packers biggest weakness is ?

Pass Defense
Run Defense
Offensive Line
No Pressure on opposing QB
Not consistent running game

I personally think the defense is coming to shape so I'm not too concerned with our Pass defense, but our pressure is horrible. We are not generating any pressure and are giving opposing quarterbacks ALL day to throw. For example, last week Sam Bradford hardly even got touched and the Ram's offensive line isn't good at all. It might not seem like a big deal now ,but come playoff time when we are facing elite QB's, we will need pressure. Hopefully Mike Neal can help us a bit since Matthews and Raji get all the attention and nobody else is stepping up.

Ironically, the Packers are tied with Pittsburgh for 10th in the NFL with 15 sacks. The Vikings and their vaunted pass rush are 7th with 17 sacks. And that includes a game in which the Packers mostly went with a three man rush. I'd like to have somebody opposite Matthews that scares the other team, but the Packers pass rush problems have been a bit exaggerated. I think the running game and offensive line have been fine. It's hard to argue with anything on offense when you are the top offense in the league. My main concern is special teams coverage units and the secondary. The secondary unit just isn't as good as last year--with Collins out, Woodson nicked up, Shields nicked up, Williams playing hurt, Burnett with the club, etc.

pbmax
10-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Well, vaunted or not, the Viking pass rush (aka Jared Allen) is ranked seventh in sacks and 15th in pass D. Pittsburgh with its 10th sack rank is 4th in pass D (pass D rank by FO) So in a way, I agree, the pass rush is only part of the problem.

denverYooper
10-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Ironically, the Packers are tied with Pittsburgh for 10th in the NFL with 15 sacks. The Vikings and their vaunted pass rush are 7th with 17 sacks. And that includes a game in which the Packers mostly went with a three man rush. I'd like to have somebody opposite Matthews that scares the other team, but the Packers pass rush problems have been a bit exaggerated. I think the running game and offensive line have been fine. It's hard to argue with anything on offense when you are the top offense in the league. My main concern is special teams coverage units and the secondary. The secondary unit just isn't as good as last year--with Collins out, Woodson nicked up, Shields nicked up, Williams playing hurt, Burnett with the club, etc.

The other thing about pass rush... Denver and the Rams both used quite a bit of heavy protection against GB's 3-4 man rushes.