PDA

View Full Version : Find Your Panic Button: Newhouse Not In Hutson Center

pbmax
10-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Marshall Newhouse not at practice.

Tweeted something about being on a plane within last day.

Fritz
10-21-2011, 12:56 PM
What? Was he visiting family in Texas? Or visiting strippers in Atlanta?

pbmax
10-21-2011, 12:56 PM
JSOBlog: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/132320143.html

Marshall Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/mnewhouse74

Would it be wrong to use a Amber alert for a Left Tackle?

pbmax
10-21-2011, 12:57 PM
What? Was he visiting family in Texas? Or visiting strippers in Atlanta?

I am contacting the authorities now. Getting some resistance until I mention that he is a Packer. Then things start to go smoother. They are sending someone to my house as we speak.

gbpackfan
10-21-2011, 01:00 PM
MM says he will be back for the game. No worries. But now PICKETT is out! Concussion in practice. That is not good.

pbmax
10-21-2011, 01:02 PM
That's good, but I had a lot more puns ready for the LT search that I will now have to save.

I think M3 might be frustrated by the lack of padded practices and is taking it out on players. Last week it was Burnett's hand, now Pickett with a concussion.

pbmax
10-21-2011, 01:04 PM
The Newhouse panic has overwhelmed Twitter's servers, apparently.

In other practice news according to JSO:

Other players who did not practice Friday include cornerback Sam Shields, Clay Matthews, Frank Zombo, Ray Dominguez, Clifton, Ryan Pickett, Josh Sitton and Mike Neal.

Fritz
10-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Can McCarthy give Newhouse a swift kick in the ass as he walks in the door? Is that allowable under the new agreement?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3KLJYSpM_G0

pbmax
10-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Can McCarthy give Newhouse a swift kick in the ass as he walks in the door? Is that allowable under the new agreement?

[video=youtube;3Ker_detailpage&v=3KLJYSpM_G0[/video]

Do you think he likes "home field" so much he flew home to use the john?

denverYooper
10-21-2011, 01:15 PM

At least Neal is getting listed now. It seems like they didn't even bother including him on the list for a while b/c it was just assumed.

Shields listed as doubtful...

Fritz
10-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Cripes. Pickett now, out? What's with the concussions? Don't they wear helmets with those pads?

Maybe there will be a CJ Wilson sighting.

pbmax
10-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Neal now rules himself unavailable for the SD game.

Guiness
10-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Neal now rules himself unavailable for the SD game.

I'm sure there's a not short list of people, which I'll include myself on, that wonder if we'll ever see much of him.

Upnorth
10-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Anyone else getting sick of hearing the mash theme song when looking at our pup ir and ingury list?

MadScientist
10-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Ok, for this game we are looking at the following:
Best safety - Collins out
Nickle+ CB - Shields - likely out
DE - Pickett - likely out
OLB - Zombo - out
OLB/ST - Lattimore - out

All that out on defense while going against the best RB in the league and a QB that they have no significant film on.

Also on offense they have a backup LT going through some serious family issues going against Jared freaking Allen.

Everyone is predicting an easy win for the Packers, but there is a real risk here.

sheepshead
10-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Newhouse=personal matter

pbmax
10-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Ok, for this game we are looking at the following:
Best safety - Collins out
Nickle+ CB - Shields - likely out
DE - Pickett - likely out
OLB - Zombo - out
OLB/ST - Lattimore - out

All that out on defense while going against the best RB in the league and a QB that they have no significant film on.

Also on offense they have a backup LT going through some serious family issues going against Jared freaking Allen.

Everyone is predicting an easy win for the Packers, but there is a real risk here.

McCarthy seemed somewhat encouraged that Pickett would make it.

Neal is definitely in trouble and its unclear what is wrong. If his rehab is not on track, why is he practicing one day a week?

And don't forget Clifton is out.

MJZiggy
10-21-2011, 05:52 PM
By the way, there was a typo in the Facebook post about this. Was wondering for a minute what the Packer plate was and what Newhouse was supposed to do while he was on it.

mraynrand
10-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Anyone else getting sick of hearing the mash theme song when looking at our pup ir and ingury list?

It's better than the Beverly Hillbillies or Gomer Pyle theme when Favre was with the team.

"Gomer Pyle - USMC" - don't ask, don't tell, butcha kinda know, don'tcha?

Upnorth
10-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Well golly, just what are you trying to imply suh?

Pugger
10-21-2011, 09:23 PM
I think we fans should just accept the fact that Neal isn't gonna be on the field for a long time. This is looking more and more like Justin Harrell revisited. :neutral:

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Neal is a soft dude.

woodbuck27
10-22-2011, 01:32 AM

Jaysus. That's alot out. stomach cramps?

Fritz
10-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Newhouse went home on family business and is expected back and will start.

However, I am extremely worried about Josh Sitton. Here's a direct quote from MM about the reason for Sitton's less-than-stellar play this year. It's from an article in today's JSO: ""Josh is a very good player but he will have a tendency once in a while to get high," McCarthy said. "That's when he gets himself in trouble."

They know the guy's got a drug problem but they're letting him play and not getting him any help? This reminds me of the Forrest Gregg days.