PDA

View Full Version : RB Ahman Green in team drills

woodbuck27
08-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Green in team drills

Running back Ahman Green participated in team (11-on-11) drills for the first time since returning to the practice field last week.

Green had been limited to position drills and seven-on-seven and continues to progress as expected from the torn quadriceps tendon sustained last season.

"Today was a good day," Green said. "My goal is to take steps forward and not have any setbacks."

Green looks to have all his speed and cutting ability back and he'll continue to add more reps in practice as long as he continues to feel good.

The Packers' new zone-blocking run scheme also looks more fluid with Green running the ball. Green ran behind a zone scheme between the tackles in college at Nebraska.

"He's a one-cut back, north and south, puts his foot in the ground and that's what you're looking for in the zone scheme," McCarthy said. "It's a one-cut decision-making process and that's his style of running. He's a perfect fit for the scheme."

Green said the goal remains to be ready to play in the third preseason game, at Cincinnati on Monday, Aug. 28. He plans to participate in the full-contact team drills in pads on Tuesday night.

"Right now we've been hitting all our goals, and that's what makes me very happy," he said. "Just taking baby steps one day at a time.

"I've been very patient. I haven't been pushing trainers or doctor, just listening to what they have for me rehab-wise and sticking to it by the book."

Comment:

With the possible loss of Samkon Gado for some duration - see Injury Report - this is good news Packer fans. Let's pray that all turns out well for Ahman Green.

So much of any success we will enjoy in 2006 depends on that being a reality. Ahman Green needs help with cleaner play from OUR OL. That is a major concern for Coach Mike McCarthy and OUR OC and other Packer coachs.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH in 2006 !!

pbmax
08-15-2006, 09:30 AM
With Green being the most naturally suited back they have to run this scheme, I have to wonder why they only got one other back (Herron) who seems to naturally run this style.

Wouldn't you have brought in one more back that could run the one cut style?

MJZiggy
08-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Buck, Samkon is fighting hard to get back on the field. He says he feels fine and wants to go, but they won't let him yet. How did coach once put it? He's hurt, not injured.

red
08-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Green looks to have all his speed and cutting ability back and he'll continue to add more reps in practice as long as he continues to feel good.

The Packers' new zone-blocking run scheme also looks more fluid with Green running the ball. Green ran behind a zone scheme between the tackles in college at Nebraska.

awesome news

Noodle
08-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Man, they have got to go slow with Green. I know the run game blows right now, but he suffered a terrible injury. I really don't think he's going to be ready until after the bye.

In the meantime, I thought I've read that TJ Ducket might become available. Wouldn't it make sense to try to get a back from one of the other ZBS teams (ATL or DEN)?

Samkon just looked flat, the Pooper's a noper, and I'd agree that Herron is the only guy who seems to fit this scheme. Why are we betting the entire year on hoping that a guy gets over a wicked bad injury?

Just WTF does TT do during the day -- set up tee times?

woodbuck27
08-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Buck, Samkon is fighting hard to get back on the field. He says he feels fine and wants to go, but they won't let him yet. How did coach once put it? He's hurt, not injured.

I trust we are all pulling for Samkon Gado MJ? I certainly am.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH !!

woodbuck27
08-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Man, they have got to go slow with Green. I know the run game blows right now, but he suffered a terrible injury. I really don't think he's going to be ready until after the bye.

In the meantime, I thought I've read that TJ Ducket might become available. Wouldn't it make sense to try to get a back from one of the other ZBS teams (ATL or DEN)?

Samkon just looked flat, the Pooper's a noper, and I'd agree that Herron is the only guy who seems to fit this scheme. Why are we betting the entire year on hoping that a guy gets over a wicked bad injury?

Just WTF does TT do during the day -- set up tee times?

He has to prove he does something for us soon. Something very real before we face the Bears.

Come On Ted !!

BallHawk
08-15-2006, 03:50 PM
I really think it's hard for people not to root for Samkon. He's a hard-working guy and a great person. I really don't like Noah Herron, I see him as a suitable #2 at best. Of course I'm a bit scared of him because I had a nightmare he tried to kill me. But c'mon look at him

http://www.packers.com/team/players/herron_noah/

BallHawk
08-15-2006, 03:53 PM
And I'd think I'td be great to get T.J. Duckett. With Dunn running the show at RB and Vick being Vick, he's the odd man out. I'm really, really happy to hear that Ahman looks good. We really need him, this year. Of course, it doesn't matter if the O-line can't get their shit together.

Zool
08-15-2006, 03:55 PM
And I'd think I'td be great to get T.J. Duckett. With Dunn running the show at RB and Vick being Vick, he's the odd man out. I'm really, really happy to hear that Ahman looks good. We really need him, this year. Of course, it doesn't matter if the O-line can't get their shit together.

Duckett runs the same O in Atl and they were always disappointed in him. Said he never really caught on to the zone block scheme.

BallHawk
08-15-2006, 03:56 PM
I wonder what ATLPackFan has to say about this?

HarveyWallbangers
08-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Duckett runs the same O in Atl and they were always disappointed in him. Said he never really caught on to the zone block scheme.

Bingo! That's the reason they've looking to get rid of him.