PDA

View Full Version : Vikings CB Cook arrested this morning

imscott72
10-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Ahh yes, we love those Vikings.. :lol:

Vikings CB Chris Cook was arrested for domestic assault on early Saturday morning.
Cook has been charged with misdemeanor domestic assault and "intentional attempts to inflict bodily harm on another." He is reportedly being held without bail until a Monday morning court appearance. If that's indeed the case, it means he will be unavailable for Sunday's game against the Packers. His absence would be a huge blow for a team already expected to be without starting CB Antoine Winfield. Cook was arrested and charged with brandishing a gun in March, but was acquitted.

imscott72
10-22-2011, 10:37 AM
If Newhouse can keep Allen from killing Rodgers, he should be able to destroy whats left of that Viking secondary..

red
10-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Rodgers goes for 575 yards and 7 td's

Fritz
10-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Wow. Agreed - if Winfield is out, too, then as long as the Packers' offensive line can do its job, Rodgers and company should be good to go.

I think this makes an even stronger case that you play a lot of max protect. Make sure Rodgers has time, and trust your receivers to beat what is basically a Vikings' backup secondary.

And given the Queens' history of signing former Packers, maybe they ought to take a shot at Brandon Underwood. Sounds like he'd fit right in!

Gunakor
10-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Isn't Underwood suspended? Or was he allowed to serve that while not actually on an NFL roster?

Old School
10-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Chris Cook(ed)~

Fritz
10-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Maybe the Vikings are actually "America's Team." They are all about sex and violence, after all.

And they always have been. Here's what Coach Lombardi said in a GBPG article after the Packers played the expansion Vikings for the first time in 1961:

“'The Vikings were aroused, I think,' Packers coach Vince Lombardi said."

gbgary
10-22-2011, 01:04 PM

i'd be happy with half of that. yes...3.5 touchdowns!!

Smeefers
10-22-2011, 01:11 PM

If he doesn't, it'll be a disapointment. lol

red
10-22-2011, 01:42 PM
And given the Queens' history of signing former Packers, maybe they ought to take a shot at Brandon Underwood. Sounds like he'd fit right in!

bazinga

Lurker64
10-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Maybe Cook considered "being arrested for domestic violence" less embarrassing than what the Packer WRs would do to him? At least the former wouldn't be televised.

Harlan Huckleby
10-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Free Cook!

Fritz
10-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Hey, he abuses his wife or girlfriend, he gets abused in turn by Packer wide receivers.

Guiness
10-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Apparently he's still in jail, hasn't had a hearing yet!!!!

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/32918445

MadScientist
10-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Strange that they are delaying the hearing. Perhaps the cops placed a bet on the Packers to cover the spread when they arrested him and want to let him sit an extra day because they lost.

Fritz
10-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Weird to imagine the Vikings' brain trust, talking about which players are available. "What about Cook? Will he be outta jail in time for this week's game?"

Joemailman
10-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Strange that they are delaying the hearing. Perhaps the cops placed a bet on the Packers to cover the spread when they arrested him and want to let him sit an extra day because they lost.

County records show he was booked on probable cause for domestic assault/strangulation, a felony-level offense, and fifth-degree domestic assault, a misdemeanor.

My guess is they're trying to decide if they have enough evidence to charge him with strangulation. If they do, he might not play for a while.

Guiness
10-24-2011, 07:35 PM
My guess is they're trying to decide if they have enough evidence to charge him with strangulation. If they do, he might not play for a while.

Strange though for him to be cooling his heels in jail for a couple of days. I guess he can't post bail until charged, but I would've thought he'd get a lawyer that would push things ahead. How common is it for a guy to spend 2 nights in jail after being hauled in for a domestic??? I've heard of guys (and girls) taking shots at the SO and getting out a few hours later.

MJZiggy
10-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Strange though for him to be cooling his heels in jail for a couple of days. I guess he can't post bail until charged, but I would've thought he'd get a lawyer that would push things ahead. How common is it for a guy to spend 2 nights in jail after being hauled in for a domestic??? I've heard of guys (and girls) taking shots at the SO and getting out a few hours later.

Not if they're thinking it's felonious. Hopefully this teaches him a lesson and he doesn't just blame the woman for it.

Guiness
10-25-2011, 04:01 PM
He gets the felony charge

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15831830/vikings-cb-cook-charged-with-felony-domestic-assault

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Vikings (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/MIN/minnesota-vikings) cornerback Chris Cook (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/567291/chris-cook) was charged Tuesday with allegedly trying to strangle his girlfriend over the weekend, leaving her with a bloody nose and injuries to her neck.
Cook was charged with felony domestic assault by strangulation, which carries a penalty of up to three years in prison and a $5,000 fine. The 24-year-old Cook was arrested early Saturday and still in custody at midday Tuesday. Messages left with his attorney and his agent were not immediately returned.
According to the complaint: Cook became upset early Saturday when he found out his girlfriend of 10 months had spoken to an ex-boyfriend. The woman told police Cook threw her on the bed at his Eden Prairie home, got on top of her, and grabbed her neck with an open hand, constricting her ability to breathe.
The complaint said the woman freed herself by grabbing Cook's hair, which he wears in shoulder-length dreadlocks. Cook then struck her in the ear, sending her crashing into a wall. As the woman ran to the living room, he grabbed her neck again and squeezed it.
The complaint also said police arrived to find the woman with a bloody nose. Police said she also had marks on her neck and hemorrhaging in her eye that is consistent with strangulation.
Earlier this year, Cook was found not guilty of brandishing a firearm after allegedly pulling a gun on a neighbor in his home state of Virginia. Vikings coach Leslie Frazier spoke with Cook in the offseason to reiterate the importance of staying out of trouble off the field, and the second-year player emerged as the team's best in pass coverage. At 6-foot-2, he has the size to match up with taller receivers and the speed to keep up with smaller ones.
While the Vikings fell to 1-6 in losing to Green Bay 33-27 Sunday, Cook was in the county jail a few blocks away.
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league is reviewing the matter. Such charges often bring suspensions, per the NFL's personal conduct policy.

swede
10-25-2011, 04:07 PM
The Vikings better hope Cook's girlfriend isn't a dog 'cuz that could bring down the NFL's "Michael Vick" enhancer.

Cheesehead Craig
10-25-2011, 06:35 PM
This guy has issues. Methinks he'll have a very short NFL career followed by a longer career in jail.

MJZiggy
10-25-2011, 06:46 PM
This guy has issues. Methinks he'll have a very short NFL career followed by a longer career in jail.

Methinks his NFL career might be taking a three-year break followed by a little suspension should any team decide to take a chance on him. Interesting that the article notes that he is 6'2" and how that relates to other football players, but not how 6'2" relates to his girlfriend.

woodbuck27
10-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Apparently he's still in jail, hasn't had a hearing yet!!!!

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/32918445

Damn! The girlfriend hasn't bailed him out yet!? Does he give her any money?

Packers !

woodbuck27
10-25-2011, 07:07 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/25/chris-cook-out-of-jail-theres-always-two-sides-to-a-story/

Chris Cook out of jail: “There’s always two sides to a story”

Vikings cornerback Chris Cook got out of jail today, three days after he was arrested for domestic violence, and quickly took to Twitter.

“There’s always two sides to a story!!” Cook wrote. “My apologies to the fans! Vikings ownership, coaching staff, my teammates and friends and family!!”

Please CLICK on the LINK for the entire story.

PACKERS !

MJZiggy
10-25-2011, 07:21 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/25/chris-cook-out-of-jail-theres-always-two-sides-to-a-story/

Chris Cook out of jail: “There’s always two sides to a story”

Vikings cornerback Chris Cook got out of jail today, three days after he was arrested for domestic violence, and quickly took to Twitter.

“There’s always two sides to a story!!” Cook wrote. “My apologies to the fans! Vikings ownership, coaching staff, my teammates and friends and family!!”

Please CLICK on the LINK for the entire story.

PACKERS !

He didn't apologize to the woman he tried to strangle? Woodbuck, if someone tried to strangle you, would you bail them out of jail?

Lurker64
10-25-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm not sure what story Chris Cook could possibly tell that would justify otherwise felonious strangulation. I mean, was she possessed by the devil and he needed to deny her Oxygen in order to get the devil out?

Guiness
10-25-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure what story Chris Cook could possibly tell that would justify otherwise felonious strangulation. I mean, was she possessed by the devil and he needed to deny her Oxygen in order to get the devil out?

Outside of 'she was swinging a frying pan and had me backed into a corner' I'm not seeing a lot that he can say.

Joemailman
10-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Vikings have suspended Cook without pay:

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/32945620

"Today’s allegations against Chris Cook are very disturbing and disappointing," the Vikings said in a statement released by the team. "At this time, he is suspended without pay from the team while we continue to gather information regarding the situation. We will have no further comment until the appropriate time."

packrulz
10-26-2011, 05:23 AM
Posted by Will Brinson

Chris Cook got a lot of unwanted attention this weekend when the Vikings cornerback spent Sunday not on the football field but in jail.

Cook was arrested on domestic assault charges and, according to a criminal complaint, began choking his girlfriend after learning that she'd spoken to an ex-boyfriend. Cook has been charged with domestic abuse by strangulation, which is a felony. And as a result, the Vikings are suspending him without pay.

"Today’s allegations against Chris Cook are very disturbing and disappointing," the Vikings said in a statement released by the team. "At this time, he is suspended without pay from the team while we continue to gather information regarding the situation. We will have no further comment until the appropriate time."

Cook remained in jail through Monday but was released on $40,000 bond Tuesday afternoon and shortly thereafter tweeted out "There's always two sides to a story!!"

According to Heneepin County District Attorney Michael Freeman, via the St. Paul Pioneer-Press, there's substantial evidence to indicate a violent crime.

"There are pictures of marks on her neck consistent with strangulation," Freeman said. "She was strangled not once, but twice. There were fingerprints on her neck."

And for those expecting any sort of favorable treatment for the NFL player, don't bother.

"Mr. Cook will be prosecuted just like anybody else charged with this crime," Freeman said. "It's a serious crime and it'll be taken very seriously."
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/chris_cook_mug_shot_10242011.jpg