PDA

View Full Version : Win Ugly

red
10-23-2011, 07:57 PM
seems to be the moto of this team this year and last. we look ugly as hell playing, but we still keep winning

sure would be nice to have some more blowouts so us fans don't have to be shitting ourselves every weekend

Joemailman
10-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Can't win the close ones. Can't blow anybody out. How the hell has this team won 13 in a row?

MJZiggy
10-23-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm all for a good, boring blowout domination.

HowardRoark
10-23-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm all for a good, boring blowout domination.

You never told me that honey!

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/1.jpg

MJZiggy
10-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Come to think of it, my ex looks better...lol

packrulz
10-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Makes sense considering all the injuries, Collins, Burnett, TWill, Clifton, & Bulaga to name a few. It's pretty remarkable the Pack can keep on rollin', but an all pro QB helps a lot.

Joemailman
10-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Packers are winning games by an average of 13 PPG. Best in the league. That ain't ugly.

You want ugly? Cleveland beat Seattle 6-3 today. Now that's ugly.

Upnorth
10-23-2011, 08:23 PM
So our kicking teams are amazing, but I always fear our returns. We give up tremendous yards and are susceptible to the big play. We dominate for a time then let teams back by not going for the jugular. That is why we win dirty. This eam feels like the only way it can loose is to itself, it is an amazing collection of talent and scheme.
We are 7-0 but rarely do I feel confident for the first 10 minutes and the last 10. I am confused about the pack.

channtheman
10-23-2011, 08:30 PM
So our kicking teams are amazing, but I always fear our returns. We give up tremendous yards and are susceptible to the big play. We dominate for a time then let teams back by not going for the jugular. That is why we win dirty. This eam feels like the only way it can loose is to itself, it is an amazing collection of talent and scheme.
We are 7-0 but rarely do I feel confident for the first 10 minutes and the last 10. I am confused about the pack.

I'm the opposite. I rarely feel we will lose. Even when we were down to the Falcons and today to the Vikings, I had complete confidence we would come back.

Joemailman
10-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Upnorth is confused because expectations are too high. Winning 13 straight makes people forget how tough it is to win in the NFL. What the Packers are doing is amazing.

The Packers haven't played as well as they potentially can, which is another way of saying they haven't peaked yet. That is a good thing, because you don't win the Super Bowl by playing your best football in September and October.

MJZiggy
10-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Upnorth is confused because expectations are too high. Winning 13 straight makes people forget how tough it is to win in the NFL. What the Packers are doing is amazing.

The Packers haven't played as well as they potentially can, which is another way of saying they haven't peaked yet. That is a good thing, because you don't win the Super Bowl by playing your best football in September and October.

Actually, it's because it's so tough to win in the NFL that I get panicky when I see the D struggle. I want them to dominate in all phases so I don't have to worry about it.

Pugger
10-23-2011, 08:47 PM

That's what is so exciting! We aren't playing as well as we are able to and we're still winning. I hope this bye week will give some of the fellas a chance to lick their wounds. Maybe getting some of our ailing defenders back on the field will help our defense the rest of this season.

Upnorth
10-23-2011, 08:54 PM

I just want consistency. We go up, we go down. MM play calling takes the foot of the gas and lets other teams back in. The Vikings are not in our league but yet were in a position to comeback on us, even when we scored 33 points. The 49ers shut us down in the second half. Atlanta was up 14 on us before we woke up. It took until the last half of the 4th quarter for our d to shut down newton.
For a 7-0 team we have flaws. For a record setting team we have flaws. I want McCarthy to bring this team out of the locker room switched on in the first half, not just the second half.
Just to restate it I think this is a great great team which just set a historical record.

mmmdk
10-23-2011, 08:57 PM
I just want consistency. We go up, we go down. MM play calling takes the foot of the gas and lets other teams back in. The Vikings are not in our league but yet were in a position to comeback on us, even when we scored 33 points. The 49ers shut us down in the second half. Atlanta was up 14 on us before we woke up. It took until the last half of the 4th quarter for our d to shut down newton.
For a 7-0 team we have flaws. For a record setting team we have flaws. I want McCarthy to bring this team out of the locker room switched on in the first half, not just the second half.
Just to restate it I think this is a great great team which just set a historical record.

Nice post! Teams fear our offense but NO TEAM fears the Packers D - Still we win :lol:

Brohm
10-23-2011, 09:01 PM
I'd like to play one game without losing a player to injury. :O

pbmax
10-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Packers are winning games by an average of 13 PPG. Best in the league. That ain't ugly.

I almost took them in a suicide pool but I was too chicken.

Upnorth
10-23-2011, 09:12 PM
I'd like to play one game without losing a player to injury. :O

I think we did on this game, NOW THAT is amazing.

Also regarding pass d we have now given up the most passing yards in the league, but have 13 pics and a 79.5 def passer rating (8th best). We ahve a 125 off passer rating. Holy Crap, +45 on the passer rating! WOW.

pbmax
10-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Keep in mind, passing yards are going to stay high if opposing teams are behind.

gbpackfan
10-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Makes sense considering all the injuries, Collins, Burnett, TWill, Clifton, & Bulaga to name a few. It's pretty remarkable the Pack can keep on rollin', but an all pro QB helps a lot.

Aaron is not an all pro QB! He didn't even make the probowl last year! Remember! Duh. lol

gbpackfan
10-23-2011, 09:28 PM
I think we did on this game, NOW THAT is amazing.

Also regarding pass d we have now given up the most passing yards in the league, but have 13 pics and a 79.5 def passer rating (8th best). We ahve a 125 off passer rating. Holy Crap, +45 on the passer rating! WOW.

Don't count your chicken before they hatch. Jennings may have a broken hand. Yikes!

MJZiggy
10-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Don't count your chicken before they hatch. Jennings may have a broken hand. Yikes!

Just means Double D will get the ball more? He's got a milestone coming you know.

mraynrand
10-23-2011, 09:40 PM
I didn't see anything ugly in Rodger's play or much of the GB offense. Couple of costly errors - drop pass, fumble punt, blown coverage led to a close road game.

On Minnesota's side, I saw the best running back in football ring up 175 very dynamic, sparkling, enjoyable-to-watch-for-any-non-homer-football-fan yards.

The ugliest thing about the game were the loser announcers who watched a guy ring up 175 yards rushing and then spend their time marveling at a mediocre QB performance.

gbgary
10-23-2011, 09:49 PM

if it weren't for that 93 yard drive minn had no one would saying this was an ugly win. shit happens, plays are made, breaks are given.

Upnorth
10-23-2011, 10:16 PM
if it weren't for that 93 yard drive minn had no one would saying this was an ugly win. shit happens, plays are made, breaks are given.

But it did happen, and it opened a window of oppertunity for Minn. THats the problem.

CaliforniaCheez
10-23-2011, 10:17 PM
http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ROBISON-KICK-JUNK.gif

The purple slime goatsuckers are always ugly.

gbpackfan
10-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Stay classy queens!

pbmax
10-23-2011, 10:24 PM
The ugliest thing about the game were the loser announcers who watched a guy ring up 175 yards rushing and then spend their time marveling at a mediocre QB performance.

Comment of the Night. I liked Aikman without Buck, but I have to agree here. Not much love for Purple Jesus.

Upnorth
10-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Also I forgot about Alex Green's knee. Did he come back in? I hope so, since some think he will be hte most dominate packers rusher ever.

pbmax
10-23-2011, 10:38 PM
jasonjwilde Jason Wilde
McCarthy did not give specifics. Saw Alex leave locker room on a cart, carrying crutches RT @Romans13_4: Report on Alex Green?

Wilde Twitter

pbmax
10-23-2011, 10:59 PM
Cliffy update from GBPG Demovsky Twitter

RobDemovsky Rob Demovsky
Chad Clifton said his hamstring injury was a partial tear and doesn't know if they'll IR him but he thinks he has a chance to return

RobDemovsky Rob Demovsky
#Packers LT Chad Clifton on his hamstring injury: It was a partial tear, but not completely off the bone so no surgery was required.