PDA

View Full Version : Raji goal line screen

Upnorth
10-24-2011, 03:46 PM
So I was listening to espn and they mentioned how rodgers throws to everybody averaging 8 to 9 different receivers a game. This made me think who he was throwing to, then I though what about raji?

We use him as lead blocker at goal line on important points last year. He always blocks to air so he is open. What if he reports eligible blocks through and then turns for the screen?
He has a pick 6.
Would this work? Is it dumb or cool?

Cheesehead Craig
10-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Fun idea. I'd rather have someone with an 80 numbered jersey catching the ball in that area though.

Guiness
10-24-2011, 04:00 PM
So I was listening to espn and they mentioned how rodgers throws to everybody averaging 8 to 9 different receivers a game. This made me think who he was throwing to, then I though what about raji?

We use him as lead blocker at goal line on important points last year. He always blocks to air so he is open. What if he reports eligible blocks through and then turns for the screen?
He has a pick 6.
Would this work? Is it dumb or cool?

The main use I see for this would have been to give Rodger's a 13th target against the Falcons, so he could break the record. He hit:
J. Jones, G. Jennings, J. Finley, R. Cobb, J. Starks, J. Nelson, T. Crabtree, D. Williams, A. Green, R. Grant, J. Kuhn, D. Driver.

I can only assume Quarless was not dressed. He was obviously in need of another target, and I think Raji would fit the bill.

Brando19
10-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Quarless played...I remember seeing him in the huddle. I can always tell it's him because of that stupid tattoo he has on both arms.

Smidgeon
10-24-2011, 04:26 PM
The main use I see for this would have been to give Rodger's a 13th target against the Falcons, so he could break the record. He hit:
J. Jones, G. Jennings, J. Finley, R. Cobb, J. Starks, J. Nelson, T. Crabtree, D. Williams, A. Green, R. Grant, J. Kuhn, D. Driver.

I can only assume Quarless was not dressed. He was obviously in need of another target, and I think Raji would fit the bill.

They said the only skill position player to not catch a pass in that game was the TE Taylor.

Brandon494
10-24-2011, 04:57 PM
With all the weapons we have on offense its no reason for it. With our luck he'd end up getting injured on the play.

MJZiggy
10-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Fun idea. I'd rather have someone with an 80 numbered jersey catching the ball in that area though.
You mean, like, say, number 80? Did he have a catch yesterday?

gbgary
10-24-2011, 06:21 PM

yes...it was late but he got one.

Upnorth
10-24-2011, 08:13 PM
So I was thinking we us the standard raji block in the playoffs to set up the screen in the sb. This would work great against a baltimore or jets d, the type that swarm to the ball.

woodbuck27
10-24-2011, 11:53 PM
yes...it was late but he got one.

D D

Pugger
10-25-2011, 12:49 AM
Quarless played...I remember seeing him in the huddle. I can always tell it's him because of that stupid tattoo he has on both arms.

His tattoo isn't nearly as awf...er...gaudy as Crabtree's.

Cheesehead Craig
10-25-2011, 08:44 AM

Heck 80, 81, 85, 87, 88, 89 any of them I'd prefer to catch the ball at the goal line other than Raji.