PDA

View Full Version : Suck For Luck

Joemailman
10-25-2011, 10:27 PM
The Andrew Luck sweepstakes are in full swing. Some teams playing really wretched football as they jockey for position. A look at the contenders based on current standings:

1. St Louis Rams (0-6) They have Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson, but not much else. Would probably be looking to trade down and get an elite WR or OT.

2. Miami Dolphins (0-6) Definitely could use Luck, and will probably keep Sparano to improve their chances of getting him.

3. Indianapolis (0-7) Maybe the most interesting situation. Would they take Luck and risk having a Favre/Rodgers or Montana/Young situation in the near future? Of course, if Manning is forced to retire, it's an easy situation.

4. Minnesota (1-6) Ponder looks pretty good, so they'd probably try to trade down. Actually, they don't look like a bad enough team to get the 1st pick.

5. Arizona (1-5) Interesting situation. They just traded for Kolb, but he's been average at best despite having maybe the NFL's best WR to throw to.

6. Jacksonville (2-5) They just drafted Gabbert, who is starting. Not sure how they feel about him.

7. Carolina (2-5) They have Newton, and probably will be respectable the rest of the year.

8. Seattle (2-4) Would take Luck in an instant.

9. Philadelphia (2-4) They will probably turn things around, so won't be in the running.

10. Denver (2-4) They wouldn't draft another Qb...right?

Harlan Huckleby
10-25-2011, 10:43 PM
I think Indy will take Luck, given opportunity, regardless of Manning status.

Favre-> Rodgers
Manning-> Luck

some teams get all the luck

Gunakor
10-26-2011, 12:35 AM
I think if the Colts are in the position to select Manning's successor they'd be foolish to pass on that opportunity. Especially given the uncertainty surrounding Manning even if he does make it back onto the football field. Worst case scenario is they'd have Luck sitting on the bench soaking up knowledge for a few seasons. For a team whose success is tied so closely to the success of it's quarterback I think that's a chance you have to take.

bobblehead
10-26-2011, 05:01 AM
It disturbs me that 4 of the 7 teams we have beaten are on that list. I hope this team isn't much worse than its record.

Gunakor
10-26-2011, 05:34 AM
Think of it this way bobble. If we hadn't beaten them, they wouldn't be on that list.

Upnorth
10-26-2011, 10:28 AM
It disturbs me that 4 of the 7 teams we have beaten are on that list. I hope this team isn't much worse than its record.

Dont you dare burst the bubble man.

It is a good point you raise and I have been worrying about that same thing. The worst part is I have been feeling like our D has progressed recently, but it has improved against Den, STL and MINN.

woodbuck27
10-26-2011, 10:47 AM
I think Indy will take Luck, given opportunity, regardless of Manning status.

Favre-> Rodgers
Manning-> Luck

some teams get all the luck

Yup those teams now with two wins will more than likely be out of the 'Luck Competition'; unless they bleed talent otherwise by trading up. IMO, that's often a miss.

Re: Indy. They should elect to draft Andrew Luck if they remain in their status quo, yet, Indy has more problems than just at QB.

I cannot figure 'the RAM' out. I expected them to do much better. Same with Miami. Both the RAMS and Dolphins sould pick it up, unless there's a walk for that number one pick.

The other team that's interesting to me is the Jags. How they ended up upsetting the Ravens Monday night is mesmerizing to me. I will be keenly watchng their matchup this week for any signs of real life.

Philly !!! What on earth is going on there? Huge game matchup this week with 'the Boys'.

GO PACKERS !

Joemailman
11-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Colts now taking control:

Indianapolis 0-9
Miami 1-7
St Louis 1-7
Arizona 2-6
Carolina 2-6
Jacksonville 2-6
Minnesota 2-6
Seattle 2-6

Right now, the Colts look unstoppable.

Harlan Huckleby
12-09-2011, 01:53 PM
what's the update, is Indy a lock? Can they stop resting their starters?

mraynrand
12-09-2011, 02:04 PM

:lol: No, because Steven Jackson is still getting limited snaps as he recovers from his hysterectomy. The Jerious Norwood Era begins now! Meanwhile, Chris Kluwe is slated to start under center for the Vikings this weekend and Jared Allen is going to take some snaps at Left Cornerback. Percy Harvin is going to fulfill his life's dream of placeholding for Letroy Guion, who is kicking for the missing Kluwe.

hoosier
12-09-2011, 02:20 PM

Believe it or not, they haven't even won their division yet: they could still finish ahead of Jacksonville. The Colts magic number is three, or maybe it's two, I have no idea what tie breaking criteria are used for this ignominious distinction.

SkinBasket
12-09-2011, 02:36 PM
it's going to be hard for any team to be worse than Indy and I have the feeling Indy isn't going to be trying very hard. They've built their fan base and coffers over then past decade. They can afford to take the dive this season. Can't wait for Luck to become the next would-be-savior-turned-dog-meat though. If he's smart, he's praying to Jesus every night Indy doesn't win a game and he gets a couple years to not be murdered on a terrible team depending on him to win games.

MadScientist
12-09-2011, 02:43 PM
I think Indy might actually try to win their last game against the Jags, assuming they have the #1 locked up by then. Time to un-rest their starters.