PDA

View Full Version : Receiving efficency

Upnorth
10-26-2011, 08:09 AM
I was on CHFF this am and saw a list of passer rating to wr's (including te and rb) and though it would be great to have for the packers as well.
Rather than doing actual work this am I was going to do this, but cant find targeted numbers for wr, just catches. Can some one point me in the right way before I wind up doing real work?

vince
10-26-2011, 08:36 AM
http://www.kffl.com/fantasy-football/targets/index.php

Player Pos. Targets Receptions Rec. % Utilized Plays Run Attempts
Randall Cobb WR 13.0 11.0 88.10 14.0 1.0
James Jones WR 25.0 19.0 80.44 25.0 0.0
Alex Green RB 1.0 1.0 100.00 4.0 3.0
Donald Driver WR 22.0 13.0 63.16 22.0 0.0
Ryan Grant RB 8.0 7.0 80.00 65.0 57.0
Jordy Nelson WR 35.0 24.0 68.27 35.0 0.0
James Starks RB 24.0 18.0 67.86 107.0 83.0
D.J. Williams TE 2.0 1.0 50.00 2.0 0.0
Ryan Taylor TE 0.0 0.0 0.00 0.0 0.0
John Kuhn FB 8.0 7.0 91.67 15.0 7.0
Tom Crabtree TE 2.0 2.0 100.00 2.0 0.0
Jermichael Finley TE 37.0 25.0 68.28 37.0 0.0
Greg Jennings WR 58.0 42.0 73.21 58.0 0.0
Andrew Quarless TE 1.0 1.0 100.00 1.0 0.0

woodbuck27
10-26-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks Vince I'll try to make that easier to read:

Player.............Pos............Targets......... ......Receptions......Rec. %...........Utilized Plays............Run Attempts
Randall Cobb...... WR............13.0 ....................1.0................88.10...... .............14.0......................1.0
James Jones...... WR............25.0....................19.0........ .......80.44...................25.0............... .......0.0
Alex Green.......... RB.............1.0......................1.0....... .......100.00....................4.0.............. ........3.0
Donald Driver..... WR ...........22.0 ....................13.0...............63.16...... ............22.0..................... 0.0
Ryan Grant......... RB.............8.0............... .......7.0...............80.00..................65 .0 ....................57.0
Jordy Nelson...... WR ............5.0 .....................24.0 .............68.27..................35.0.......... ............0.0
James Starks...... RB............24.0.....................18.0....... ........67.86.................107.0 ...................83.0
D.J. Williams....... TE............. 2.0......................1.0...............50.00.. .................2.0.......................0.0
Ryan Taylor.........TE.............0.0................. ......0.0................0.00...................0. 0.......................0.0
John Kuhn.......... FB.............8.0.......................7.0...... .........91.67...................15.0............. ....**0.0**
Tom Crabtree .....TE ............2.0.......................2.0......... ......100.00...................2.0................ .....0.0
Jermichael Finley ..TE...........37.0........................5.0.... ...........68.28..................37.0............ .........0.0
Greg Jennings......WR.......... 58.0 .....................42.0 ..............73.21...................58.0........ ............0.0
Andrew Quarless.. TE.............1.0...................... 1.0..............100.00....................1.0 ....................0.0

That was fun ! (-;

** OUR RB isn't including in any running plays that actually are installed into a game??? Anyone?? WHY?

GO PACKERS !

Upnorth
10-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Proof once again that the posters on packerrats are the best around!!! Thanks Vince and Woodbuck!

So if we convert to efficency using qb rating we have and using fumbles as ints and dividing tds / games we have
Cobb...................122.41
Jones..................123.22
Green..................91.67
Driver..................75.92 (73.22 with tip int)
Grant ..................93.75
Nelson.................116.74
Starks..................88.36
Williams................95.83
Jennings...............115.67 (114.13 with tip int)
Kuhn....................90.33
Crabtree...............106.25
Finley....................112..06
Quarless.................118.75

Of note No fumbles by any receiving play, which is amazing.
So Jones is our most efficent receiver by this definition. I know there are flaws, but he is an this shows he is a strong asset.
Sad to see Driver as the low man on the totem pole, but I think he still has a strong role in the o.
Only Driver and Williams are below 100 for non rb's which to me is amazing and indicates how good Arod is at getting the ball out and finding the open man and not forcing the ball to a preferred target.

woodbuck27
10-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Proof once again that the posters on packerrats are the best around!!! Thanks Vince and Woodbuck!

So if we convert to efficency using qb rating we have and using fumbles as ints and dividing tds / games we have
Cobb...................122.41
Jones..................123.22
Green..................91.67
Driver..................75.92 (73.22 with tip int)
Grant ..................93.75
Nelson.................116.74
Starks..................88.36
Williams................95.83
Jennings...............115.67 (114.13 with tip int)
Kuhn....................90.33
Crabtree...............106.25
Finley....................112..06
Quarless.................118.75

Of note No fumbles by any receiving play, which is amazing.
So Jones is our most efficent receiver by this definition. I know there are flaws, but he is an this shows he is a strong asset.
Sad to see Driver as the low man on the totem pole, but I think he still has a strong role in the o.
Only Driver and Williams are below 100 for non rb's which to me is amazing and indicates how good Arod is at getting the ball out and finding the open man and not forcing the ball to a preferred target.

Nice job Upnorth and Thank You and 'of course' Vince Thanks you too. He's OUR guy to cover Packer and NFL History.

We have some really solid Packer and NFL fans here at PackerRats and some here are 'the cream' of NFL fans. W prove that soecial of quality posters here every season and it gets better all the time, IMO.

Yes! PackerRats is 'OUR' Green Bay Packer HOME. I'm happy to see you here and enjoying your participation.

Next season I will be looking for you in OUR Pro Pickem competition. It's Special Packer fan.

The Pro Pickem' is a great venue to gain more overall NFL knowledge. It's a real challenge and sure makes NFL Sunday 'a real treat' . Pretty exciting as many of the games are at the 2 minute warning and your confidence points (CP's) are on the line. It also shortens our Canuck winters. Your into that weeks games all week as you prepare your selections and elect confidence on each games pcks.

Your living in the praries Upnorth? Saskatchewan, ome of the Saskatchewan Roughriders ?

The Montreal Alouettes seem to be back on track. Their QB, Anthony Calvillo is so close to that huge all time passing yards record. I must check that soon. What a fine QB representative of the CFL he's been. A real gentleman and Family man. He's admired in Montreal . The Alouettes get 'the LOVE' almost as much as 'the HABS'.

The Alouettes, going for the Threepeat. Pretty exciting stuff.

Again nice job in this thread Upnorth. Have a super day.

GO PACK GO !

Upnorth
10-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Nice job Upnorth and Thanks You.

Yes! PackerRats is 'OUR' Green Bay Packer HOME. I'm happy to see you here and enjoying your participation.

Next season I will be looking for you in OUR Pro Pickem competition. It's Special Packer fan.

The Pro Pickem' is a great venue to gain more overall NFL knowledge. It's a real challenge and sure makes NFL Sunday 'a real treat' . Pretty exciting as many of the games are at the 2 minute warning and your confidence points (CP's) are on the line. It also shortens our Canuck winters. Your into that weeks games all week as you prepare your selections and elect confidence on each games pcks.

Your living in the praries Upnorth? Saskatchewan, ome of the Saskatchewan Roughriders ?

The Montreal Alouettes seem to be back on track. Their QB, Anthony Calvillo is so close to that huge all time passing yards record. I must check that soon. What a fine QB representative of the CFL he's been. A real gentleman and Family man. He's admired in Montreal . The Alouettes get 'the LOVE' almost as much as 'the HABS'.

The Alouettes, going for the Threepeat. Pretty exciting stuff.

Again nice job in this thread Upnorth. Have a super day.

GO PACK GO !

That is the most polite dig I have ever gotten. I respect Calvillo and think the Alouettes are the back bone of the eastern conference, but did you have to throw in the threepeat!
For all you Yankee's down south the Alouettes just beat MY Riders (I own shares just like you can with GB) in the last two Greycups, both very close, exciting and heartbreaking games.
So Woodbuck AARRGGHHH!

woodbuck27
10-26-2011, 10:57 AM
That is the most polite dig I have ever gotten. I respect Calvillo and think the Alouettes are the back bone of the eastern conference, but did you have to throw in the threepeat!
For all you Yankee's down south the Alouettes just beat MY Riders (I own shares just like you can with GB) in the last two Greycups, both very close, exciting and heartbreaking games.
So Woodbuck AARRGGHHH!

did you have to throw in the threepeat! ...Upnorth

Hahaaha..You're a Roughrider 'SUPER' fan. You fellas keep trying. (-;

Here ... we can put it together.

PACKERS!

Scott Campbell
10-26-2011, 11:14 AM
As of right now, we wouldn't be missing a beat if we had cut Driver and applied his salary towards resigning Finley. I know that's blasphemy, but it's a heartless business.

Smeefers
10-26-2011, 11:29 AM
As of right now, we wouldn't be missing a beat if we had cut Driver and applied his salary towards resigning Finley. I know that's blasphemy, but it's a heartless business.

I can't find an emot guy of a bunch of guys throwing stones, but I have a feeling that is going to be your idea. I still have a hard time getting rid of DD, even though he is having a down season. I suppose there's just so much talk of "packer people" and how great of an organization this is, that I think that should apply even when it hurts a little bit. It's not like he has a season ending injury like Chiller and he still has gas in the tank, unlike Taucher so I think we keep him. We just move him down on the depth chart.

woodbuck27
10-26-2011, 11:50 AM
I can't find an emot guy of a bunch of guys throwing stones, but I have a feeling that is going to be your idea. I still have a hard time getting rid of DD, even though he is having a down season. I suppose there's just so much talk of "packer people" and how great of an organization this is, that I think that should apply even when it hurts a little bit. It's not like he has a season ending injury like Chiller and he still has gas in the tank, unlike Taucher so I think we keep him. We just move him down on the depth chart.

We keep Donald Driver as he's a outstanding leader in OUR teams locker room. he still has ability and is in awesome condition and can run routes. He's ' a Packer' GREAT as player and for his outstanding community efforts'.

We keep DD because he's DD. Special. I've been 'a DD fan' since he was drafted. I recall his fst TD. That was a moment for me to celebrate Donald Driver and all 'the adversity' he came from; what I felt he would be as a Green Bay Packer.

He's far exceeded, my hopes and faith in his ability coming into the Pro's as OUR draft pick. Lke Charles Woodson. An amazing atlete.

Donald Driver. A truly great Green Bay Packer.

smuggler
10-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Hey, just to clarify, three of our four picks this season have been after tipped balls. None of those were by Driver. 1 (dropped) by Jennings, 1 (not a drop but still his fault) by Jones, and 1 (thrown by Flynn, not his fault, but he could have caught it or knocked it down,) by Cobb.

The other pick was on a pass to Finley that Urlacher jumped.

woodbuck27
10-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Hey, just to clarify, three of our four picks this season have been after tipped balls. None of those were by Driver. 1 (dropped) by Jennings, 1 (not a drop but still his fault) by Jones, and 1 (thrown by Flynn, not his fault, but he could have caught it or knocked it down,) by Cobb.

The other pick was on a pass to Finley that Urlacher jumped.

Thanks.

PACKERS FOREVER!