PDA

View Full Version : MVP?

Upnorth
10-26-2011, 11:17 AM
I know its very early and most people think Arod is the hands down MVP so far, but some are saying he may not be because the team is stacked.
I think he is making good receivers great, Jennings, Finley, Nelson and Jones are all better because of Arod, and Arod deserves the MVP so far.
However as packer fans we know Arod uses things to motivate him, like being picked 25th etc. If they give the MVP to Brady and not ARod I think he would be very motivated for next year. I think we should start an underground vote Brady for MVP movement.

Guiness
10-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Defining MVP is so difficult, in football and other sports. I listened to some discussions about MLB's AL MVP this year, if a pitcher should win it, or if the Cy Young was 'their' MVP. Is it redundant to give a pitcher both?

In the NFL, the MVP seems to default to the QB's who's having the best season on a playoff team. Maybe the NFL is such a QB central league that that makes sense.

MadScientist
10-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Brady's '07 team was stacked, that didn't stop him from winning.

Rodgers and the Packers have to keep going though, they don't hand out awards for 7 games.

woodbuck27
10-26-2011, 12:46 PM
I know its very early and most people think Arod is the hands down MVP so far, but some are saying he may not be because the team is stacked.
I think he is making good receivers great, Jennings, Finley, Nelson and Jones are all better because of Arod, and Arod deserves the MVP so far.
However as packer fans we know Arod uses things to motivate him, like being picked 25th etc. If they give the MVP to Brady and not ARod I think he would be very motivated for next year. I think we should start an underground vote Brady for MVP movement.

WOW! As an Irish Canadian. Talk of any Packer and MVP is a tad scary at this time.We're off to a wonderful start at 7-0. The team to beat in the NFL. We've so far to go! Every week we have more adversity to watch OUR teams coach's and TT have to be concerned with; deal with.

Still, I will offer my opinion on this season to date. Looking at OUR team overall and the IMO poor defensive stat's. The way OUR 'O' puts up points. The amzing consistency that Aaron Rodgers displays. He's to date OUR MVP.

The funny thing with OUR team we have a larger concept going on. We are still allowing that to sink in; but we're geting there. OUR team has a special MVP. It's the team attitude as a whole. It's the team outlook that is congruent with composure and patience.

Now again. If I had to choose one player that is OUR leader, OUR MVP. It has to be OUR QB. Aaron Rodgers is something else. I love the way he's turned out.

Let's just be aware of Kharma. (-:

PACKERS 'the team's atttude' is MOST valuable to us fans.

Scott Campbell
10-26-2011, 12:52 PM

I'm not worried about the team being stacked. He's the MVP so far.

Guiness
10-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Every sports reporter thinks it's cute to make tongue on cheek comments saying Peyton is the MVP, and the evidence is how bad the Colts are.

I'm not entirely sure they're all wrong. The way that team has fallen off is incredible.

Tony Oday
10-26-2011, 01:18 PM
When a QB throws 3 TDs and over 300 yards and you think he is having a decent weekend that is an MVP.

woodbuck27
10-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Every sports reporter thinks it's cute to make tongue on cheek comments saying Peyton is the MVP, and the evidence is how bad the Colts are.

I'm not entirely sure they're all wrong. The way that team has fallen off is incredible.

Peyton Mannng is an unquestionale awesome leader. A team must have more than a serviceable back-up at QB.

We also saw some real problems developing with the Colts last season. We saw some bleeding; but with Peyton Manning out, it looks like that team is in need of an emergency transfusion.

PACKERS FOREVER !

mraynrand
10-26-2011, 01:46 PM
All this talk of being stacked - I think all of you are thinking of the Green Bay Chill.

woodbuck27
10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
All this talk of being stacked - I think all of you are thinking of the Green Bay Chill.

Green Bay Chill ... Heck ! I'm getting a six pack of that stuff when I'm in the States.

PACKERS FOREVER!

Pugger
10-26-2011, 02:07 PM
I saw an article online somewhere yesterday - and now I can't find the damn thing of course - and the Pat fans posting comments all say Rodgers is still not in Brady's class. I hope Rodgers sees that cuz whenever Aaron gets dissed he gets pissed and plays even BETTER! :lol:

Upnorth
10-26-2011, 02:21 PM
I saw an article online somewhere yesterday - and now I can't find the damn thing of course - and the Pat fans posting comments all say Rodgers is still not in Brady's class. I hope Rodgers sees that cuz whenever Aaron gets dissed he gets pissed and plays even BETTER! :lol:

That was my starting point. Fuel for Arods fire!

Smidgeon
10-26-2011, 02:46 PM
When a QB throws 3 TDs and over 300 yards and you think he is having an average weekend that is an MVP.

Fixed.

mraynrand
10-26-2011, 03:13 PM

Green Bay Chill ... Heck ! I'm getting a six pack of that stuff when I'm in the States.

PACKERS FOREVER!

you're excepted, Woodbuck. I really can't tell what you're thinking. But enjoy your threesome, I think.

Joemailman
10-26-2011, 04:28 PM

PACKERS FOREVER!

You're getting the 6-pack? You animal!

http://losersbracket.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/lfl3.png

hoosier
10-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Gotta love the motto and logo at the bottom ("bottom") of that photo.

Brando19
10-26-2011, 08:08 PM
My list of MVP candidates:
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Matt Forte (Bretsky may call me a Bear lover, but he's awesome)
Calvin Johnson
MAYBE Wes Welker

MadtownPacker
10-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Even the NFL isn't that stupid. Uno-Dos is clearly the MVP by virtue of carrying an undefeated team. Only total meltdown in the regular season could swing this. Rodgers is having his way with defenses. Brady has been slapped around by the bills and raiders. The choice is clear.

mission
10-26-2011, 08:48 PM
I like that, Mad. Uno-Dos!

As far as that picture... there's no way that many hot chicks with perfect breasts live in and around Green Bay.

King Friday
10-26-2011, 08:55 PM

The Colts drafted like crap from 2007-2010. That is why they suck right now. Yeah, Manning would hide the warts somewhat...but I think the Colts would struggle to get above .500 this year even with Manning. Manning has no mobility, and their OL is bad.

Brando19
10-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Uno-Dos...maybe that could catch on? I like it.

Guiness
10-26-2011, 11:30 PM
The Colts drafted like crap from 2007-2010. That is why they suck right now. Yeah, Manning would hide the warts somewhat...but I think the Colts would struggle to get above .500 this year even with Manning. Manning has no mobility, and their OL is bad.

That's just what I was wondering...would they be mediocre even with him, but are a train wreck without? That would be my guess, one player doesn't make that much difference. He doesn't stop NO from scoring 62 pts!

Smeefers
10-27-2011, 08:14 AM
"If Peyton Manning merits MVP consideration, then I nominate Mike Singletary for Coach of the Year for not being in San Francisco," Jason Nawahine added. "Manning under center wasn't going to stop Drew Brees and the Saints from putting up a fifty-burger on that defense."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/49587/mike-sandos-mvp-watch-43

sharpe1027
10-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Gotta love the motto and logo at the bottom ("bottom") of that photo.

I am willing to be that you are one of the few whose eyes that made to that far down in the picture.

sharpe1027
10-27-2011, 08:27 AM
"If Peyton Manning merits MVP consideration, then I nominate Mike Singletary for Coach of the Year for not being in San Francisco," Jason Nawahine added. "Manning under center wasn't going to stop Drew Brees and the Saints from putting up a fifty-burger on that defense."

I disagree. With Manning leading the offense the Colts would have moved the ball better and had more plays. That would have kept the Saints offense off the field a little longer.

Smidgeon
10-27-2011, 11:14 AM
I like that, Mad. Uno-Dos!

As far as that picture... there's no way that many hot chicks with perfect breasts live in and around Green Bay.

I was thinking more that he was the Passin' Assassin. Has that one been taken yet?

pbmax
10-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Under the Manning missing MVP theory, I still think Steve Young retroactively deserves 5 or 6 MVPs after he retired.

Guiness
10-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Under the Manning missing MVP theory, I still think Steve Young retroactively deserves 5 or 6 MVPs after he retired.

And John Elway!

woodbuck27
10-28-2011, 12:36 PM
That's just what I was wondering...would they be mediocre even with him, but are a train wreck without? That would be my guess, one player doesn't make that much difference. He doesn't stop NO from scoring 62 pts!

In my assessment of the COLTS fr. the end of last season. I analyzed DECLINE of that team. They needed a huge change in their OL and at WR. Players such as the once very reliable ** Bob Sanders were also getting long in the tooth.

Demond "Bob" Sanders (pronounced Dee-mund) (born February 24, 1981 in Erie, Pennsylvania) is a professional American football safety who is currently on the San Diego Chargers in the National Football League. Sanders was drafted in the second round (44th overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft by the Indianapolis Colts. He played college football at the University of Iowa.

*** Bob Sanders ( NFL Draft: 2004 / Round: 2 / Pick: 44 ) was named AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2007 ( AP Defensive Player of the Year for the 2007 NFL season, the first Colt to earn the award and only the fourth safety in NFL history to win it );known for being the integral part of the Colts' postseason defense that led the team to a victory in Super Bowl XLI. He was nicknamed "The Hitman" because of his hard hits and tackles, and was also called by former Colts' coach Tony Dungy "The Eraser" because he tends to erase the mistakes of his teammates.

However, he has also become known for his frequent injuries, having played over 6 games in a season only twice, in 2005 and 2007.

In 2010, Sanders exited the first game of the season with an injury. On September 14, 2010, it was reported that Sanders could possibly miss the entire season with a torn biceps tendon. On December 8, he was put on injured reserve, which ended his season.

On February 18, 2011, Sanders was released from the Colts after only playing nine games in the previous three seasons. In a team statement he said, "I always will consider myself a Colt. I want to thank the fans also for their great support. They played a big part in making my seven years with the team very rewarding."

P A C K E R S !

smuggler
10-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Elway never won an MVP award, did he?

That's right. This is the season that the AP accidentally gave Elway the MVP when they meant to give it to Jerry Rice. Whoops.

Why should anyone take the AP seriously after that gaffe?

Elway threw 19 TD passes. Rice caught 22 TD passes.

Derp.