PDA

View Full Version : Carson Palmer knew just 15 plays in time for his Oakland Raiders debut

woodbuck27
10-29-2011, 02:55 AM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Carson-Palmer-knew-just-15-plays-in-time-for-his?urn=nfl-wp10558

Carson Palmer knew just 15 plays in time for his Oakland Raiders debut ... By Doug Farrar

Oakland Raiders offensive coordinator Al Saunders is known for the extensive verbiage and complexity contained in his playbooks — when he was with the Washington Redskins, word got out about 700-page playbooks, and while any playbook has a lot of different iterations of the same basic concept, it's also true that no matter how you slice it, Saunders likes to have a lot of concepts on the field.

That's why it was a bit surprising that Raiders head coach Hue Jackson had Carson Palmer(notes) going in to replace quarterback Kyle Boller(notes) in the Raiders' 28-0 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs just days after he had been traded from the Cincinnati Bengals the previous Tuesday. The move was made to shore up the team's quarterback position after Jason Campbell(notes) broke his collarbone.

Please click on the LINK for the entire story.

PACKERS FOREVER !

channtheman
10-29-2011, 07:52 AM
I thought that was all you needed to know, well at least Partial told me that once.

Pugger
10-29-2011, 08:23 AM
No wonder Palmer looked so horrid. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

bobblehead
10-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Never feel sorry for a guy who got a multi million dollar signing bonus because god blessed him with a great arm.

mraynrand
10-29-2011, 01:22 PM
I once subbed as QB in an intramural game in college where I only knew one play: the Fumblerooski. We lost 68 to 3.

Pugger
10-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Never feel sorry for a guy who got a multi million dollar signing bonus because god blessed him with a great arm.

That's why I said "almost". :wink:

woodbuck27
10-30-2011, 05:17 AM
Any way you look at it. Carson Palmer was in a REALLY BAD SITUTION. I cannot even begin to imagine what he had to endure over that issue. It's the fricken' NFL.Yerrrr not driving another persons automobile.